Question from a new DVC member--Please Help

Here’s our dilemma. We’re going to WDW in September. Long story short, we are staying at the Contemporary from September 23rd through September 30th and we want to get the concierge service. Our problem is that we don’t have enough points to get the service on the 23rd and the 29th since they’re weekend rates (for points). What is the best way to handle it? Should we try to get a deal for those two nights (booking it through a non DVC avenue and then using our points for the rest of the days) or just buying extra points from someon? I know I’m probably overcomplicating it, but please help. Thanks a lot! Since it’s the value season, maybe we could get a code or something…any thoughts? Thanks a lot.

I’m not in the DVC myself, but I do rent DVC points a lot.

Seems to me it is always cheaper to rent points from someone.

But I’m not sure in your situation, since the Contemporary isn’t a DVC property. I’m sure one of our DVCers here will be by to let you know what they think.

Aggie… wow. If I’m reading it correctly, the weekend point cost for the room you want is 46 points higher then the weekday? Yikes. If that’s right, I think the normal cost of renting is around $10/point? If I have the facts right (and it’s entirely possible that I don’t), I think you’re going to be much better off paying out of pocket for the weekend days.

It can’t hurt to price everything out and compare… but that weekend point increase is a killer.

Bruce