Question on Park Hopper Fun ticket

The last time we went to WDW we had 10 day PH plus option in which we only had 5 days in the water parks or DQ (We won’t be going to WWOS or the golf course they also mention). In reading the Ultimate Guide, it appears that if we purchase a 9 day PH Fun ticket then we get 9 days of waterparks or DQ.

Is this correct 9 days of park hopping the 4 major theme parks and 9 days or waterparks or DQ? Oh tell me it isn’t so??? Do you understand how excited all the boys will be!!! DH wants to live in TL!!!

It is so! Have fun at TL.

DH did the “Happy” dance last night after reading the ticket info. I wanted to confirm we were reading it right. And now DS is having a panic attack!!! He can’t wait to go back to DQ. He is already making plans for at night!

Thanks

I looks like you get t about the same number of options as you have days in the major parks.

Ticket Price Comparison Chart

Yes it does appear so. Totally awesome!!!

You may know this already, but maybe others don’t, just remember its only one option per day though. So, you can’t hop to Disney Quest and a water park in the same day.

If you use 2 options you can, right?

I believe I did hear that before also, and maybe I’m not totally clear below, but check out my email correspondence I had with Disney a few months back:

< to disney >

I think I understand, but just to be perfectly
clear…

If I buy a 4-day Park Hopper with the WaterPark/DisneyQuest option
ticket, I should have no problem doing this:
Day 1: MGK to Epcot to Disney Quest
Day 3: Disney Hollywood to Epcot to Disney Quest
Day 4: Disney Quest to MGK to AK to MGK
Day 6: Epcot to MGK to Disney Quest

I realize I won’t be able to hop in and out of Disney Quest during the
same day, nor even hop from Disney Quest to a water park in the same
day, as I can only visit one of those per day. True?

Thanks!
Chet

Dear Chet,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

Your understanding of the Magic Your Way Tickets with park hopping and
water park fun and more options is absolutely correct!

I’m pretty sure you can use more than one option in a day, they just aren’t hoppers. We could go to a water park in the morning with one option and use another option at Disney Quest that night.

[QUOTE=chetnet;923129]You may know this already, but maybe others don’t, just remember its only one option per day though. So, you can’t hop to Disney Quest and a water park in the same day.[/QUOTE]The above it a TOTALLY INCORRECT statement.

I don’t mean to be rude, but it’s just completely wrong, and I don’t want anyone to change their vacation plans due to false information.

Water park Fun & More options are ADMISSIONS. Theme park entitlements are DAYS, not admissions. This means that for a theme park ticket, one DAY means exactly that … one DAY; you can’t use two DAYS of theme park days on a single calendar DAY, unless you buy the Park Hopper option.

But it doesn’t work that way with the WPF&M entitlements. The WPF&M entitlements are very definitely ADMISSIONS. There is no concept of “park hopping” with WPF&M entitlements.

In other words, you DEFINITELY can go to Typhoon Lagoon in the morning, Blizzard Beach in the afternoon, and DisneyQuest that night. On that day, you will have used 3 of your WPF&M admissions.

Trust me, I’m certain of this, this is not my guess or my opinion … it’s dead solid fact.

Of, and by the way, it is true that you get as many WPF&M admissions as you do theme park days. So on a 9-day ticket, you get 9 WPF&M admissions, on a 5-day ticket you get 5 WPF&M admissions, etc. The only exception to the rule is a 1-day ticket, on which you get 2 WPF&M admissions.

chet,

I just re-read the copy of your e-mail to and from Disney. The person who responded to you didn’t quite understand what you meant. The person who responded to you must have read your “schedule” but not the sentence afterwards.

PLEASE … believe me on this one … you CAN go to more than one Water Park Fun & More gate in a single day. There is no such thing as “hopping” with the WPF&M gates … you have ADMISSIONS, not days. You can use as many WPF&M admissions as you want in a day.

I realize that it seems so odd that you received an actual e-mail from Disney telling you one thing, and here’s some stranger in New Jersey so adamantly telling you another thing, but you just gotta trust me on this one. I’m not always right, but I’ll tell you, I’m absolutely certain I’m right on this one.

I’ll bet a freezer full of Mickey bars.:mickey:

Last week my DS did a water park and disney quest in the same day using two option credits or whatever you call them.

Wow that was intense! I really thought I understood it but i was totally off Thank you so much for clarifying!

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;924233]chet,

I just re-read the copy of your e-mail to and from Disney. The person who responded to you didn’t quite understand what you meant. The person who responded to you must have read your “schedule” but not the sentence afterwards.

PLEASE … believe me on this one … you CAN go to more than one Water Park Fun & More gate in a single day. There is no such thing as “hopping” with the WPF&M gates … you have ADMISSIONS, not days. You can use as many WPF&M admissions as you want in a day.

I realize that it seems so odd that you received an actual e-mail from Disney telling you one thing, and here’s some stranger in New Jersey so adamantly telling you another thing, but you just gotta trust me on this one. I’m not always right, but I’ll tell you, I’m absolutely certain I’m right on this one.

I’ll bet a freezer full of Mickey bars.:mickey:[/QUOTE]

Okay - so I want to get this straight, this is our first trip with the Water park fun and more option.

If I have an 8 day ticket, with park hopper option and WPF&more and my first day I decide to go to Blizzard Beach in the morning, Typhoon Lagoon in the afternoon, and Disney Quest in the evening I have used 3 admissions off my ticket, and I am left with 5 admissions.

The next day I repeat - BB, TL, and DQ. I am left with 2 admissions.

Day 3 I cannot repeat my previous two days because I only have 2 admissions left, despite the fact that I have the park hopper option on my ticket.

It’ very simple.

When you buy park hopper passes with the extra option, the number of visits to a water park or DQ is the same as the number of days on the hopper. When and where you choose to use those visits is your business. When you pass through the turnstile at BB, TL or DQ, it counts as a visit.

No reason to make it any harder than it is. A visit is a visit. So you can go to both water parks in a day, sure, but that would count against your ticket as two visits.

Amanda, as for the “park hopper” aspect of the card, it applies only to the four parks. Feel free to come and go to the parks as often as you like, as many in a day as you like, whenever you like.

[QUOTE=AmandaM88;924752]Okay - so I want to get this straight, this is our first trip with the Water park fun and more option.

If I have an 8 day ticket, with park hopper option and WPF&more and my first day I decide to go to Blizzard Beach in the morning, Typhoon Lagoon in the afternoon, and Disney Quest in the evening I have used 3 admissions off my ticket, and I am left with 5 admissions.

Day 3 I cannot repeat my previous two days because I only have 2 admissions left, despite the fact that I have the park hopper option on my ticket.[/QUOTE

The park hopper option pertains to hopping between MK/HS/AK/Epcot on the same day. It has nothing to do with the water parks/ disney quest admissions.

that I know you could go to TL, BB, and DS in the same day just knowing that you will use more than one option for that WP&M thing.

[QUOTE=AmandaM88;924752]Okay - so I want to get this straight, this is our first trip with the Water park fun and more option.

Day 3 I cannot repeat my previous two days because I only have 2 admissions left, despite the fact that I have the park hopper option on my ticket.[/QUOTE]
Yes, this is correct as far as your Water Park Fun & More admissions. But please realize that even after the end of your Day 3, you’ll still have 8 THEME PARK admissions left.

When you buy an 8-day park hopper ticket with the WPF&M add-on, it’s like you’re buying two separate tickets, one for the theme parks and another separate ticket for the WPF&M gates.

The theme park ticket with park hopper option gives you 8 days of unlimited use of any of the theme parks in any combination.

The WPF&M add-on gives you 8 admissions to WPF&M gates. The park hopper is not a part of this WPF&M ticket, it’s a part of the theme park ticket. The park hopper has NOTHING to do with the WPF&M part of your ticket.

So to repeat, in your example above, by the end of Day 3 you’ll have 8 theme park days and 0 WPF&M admissions remaining.

Tickets expire 14 days from first use at ANY admission gate. Ticket entitlements don’t need to be used on consecutive days.

If you have ANY other questions, PLEASE post more questions!

From allearsnet.com:

What are these Plus Visits (now called Water Park Fun & More) I see included on some passes?

It depends on what ticket they are on. If it is a plus visit (option) from one of the old pre-2005 Park Hopper Plus tickets, it is one valid admission for one person to your choice of any one of the following: Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, Pleasure Island or Wide World of Sports. If it is a WPF&M visit from one of the Magic Your Way tickets, it includes DisneyQuest as well as the places listed for the PHP plus options. And beginning June 28, 2008, you can also choose to use a visit to play a round of golf at Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course, a relaxed, nine-hole walking course designed for the entire family. Tee times are required and subject to availability. For tee times, call (407) WDW-GOLF (407-939-4653) or visit disneyworldgolf.com.

Think of it as two tickets with different privileges on one card. Everything expires 14 days after first use unless you have the no-expire option. Using a Water Park Fun & More option does not use up a major park day from your pass. But unlike the major park admissions on these tickets, you can only visit one place per WPF&M visit. No hopping is allowed on these visits even if you purchased the Park Hopper option for your MYW ticket. Unlike the major park admissions, you are allowed to visit multiple WPF&M locations on any one day but if you do, you will use up one WPF&M option for each place you visit. Leaving and returning to the same park on the same day does not use an extra entry as readmissions are always allowed at the same park on any day.

WPF&M visits may or may not be used on the same days as you go to the major parks. If you use a WPF&M visit on one day and do not go to a major park, you do not use up one of your major park admissions.

Your WPF&M visits are completely independent of your major park visits. Example: You can go to a water park only on day one (1 WPF&M visit), then do a major park on day two (1 theme park admission) followed by a major park (1 theme park admission) and a Pleasure Island visit (1 WPF&M visit) on day three. At the end of day three you will have used up two major park admissions and two WPF&M visits. But if on day four you went to TL in the morning, DQ in the afternoon, and club hopping at PI in the evening you would have used three additional WPF&M entries in the same day.

Do I have to use my WPF&M options in different places or can I go back to a place twice?

You can use them all at the same venue if you so desire. You have two limitations. One is that you can only use it for one person. You cannot have a group of three use three options off your one pass. The second one is that you will use a separate Plus option for EACH water park, PI, WWoS, DQ admission or Disney’s Oak Trail golf course round you do on the same day. You are allowed to go to one, leave and return to the same one on a given day but you cannot park hop between the WPF&M venues like you can with the major park days.

How do I use a MYW ticket with the Water Park Fun & More options?

Now that you have purchased MYW tickets with the WPF&M option, you’ll need to know how they work. The easiest thing to do is to think of it as two completely different tickets put on the same card. The theme parks portion is measured in days (one use equals one day) while the WPF&M portion is measured in separate admissions (going to two WPF&M gates on the same day will use two admissions).

For the theme parks admissions:

1. You get admission to any of the four WDW major theme parks for the number of days you bought your ticket for. You do not have to go to a theme park on consecutive days.
  2. If you purchased the Park Hopping option, you may visit more than one theme park on any day and it will consume only one day’s admission from your ticket. If you have not purchased the PH, you must choose a single theme park you wish to attend that day. You may leave and return later that day TO THE SAME PARK if you desire but you cannot enter another theme park on the same day.
  3. If you do not purchase the Park Hopper option, you cannot use another day’s admission to visit a second theme park on the same day you went to another.

For the WPF&M admissions:

1. You get a set number of admissions to the minor parks that mirrors the length of your MYW ticket in most cases. You will get two admissions with a 1 or 2 day ticket, and on all other MYW tickets you will get the same number of admissions as the number of theme park days on your ticket. Example: a 5 day ticket has 5 admissions, a 7 day has 7 and a 10 day has 10.
  2. These WPF&M admissions do not allow park hopping even if you added the park hopper option to your ticket. Each time you enter a minor park on any given day, you will use another WPF&M admission. The exception is that you are also allowed to leave and return TO THE SAME WPF&M PARK on the same day and not use a second admission.
  3. You do not have to use a theme park admission on the day(s) you wish to use a WPF&M admission.

For both kinds of admissions:

1. You have 14 days from first use of the ticket at ANY turnstile to use all of the admissions on both portions unless you have purchased the No Expiration option.
  2. The ticket must be used by the same person on all days. Ticket tagging (biometric finger scanning) is attached to the ticket at the first use to tie the ticket to that person.