Question

When you decide to take a Disney Vacation, what is the longest you planned for it?

Example: We just got back a few weeks ago and decided to take another Disney trip in October of 2012. Obviously there is really nothing I can do yet as far as booking anything, however I am researching everything for 2012, and all my co-workers think I am nuts. Maybe I’m just crazy…:blush:

So my answer is 2 years.

I think life is better when you have a vacation countdown…so to me, it doesn’t matter how far my vacation is…I’m just glad I have something to plan for, and that I have a countdown!!!

I hope you have fun making the plans, and please post the details!!

[QUOTE=Goodegirl2007;1054949]I think life is better when you have a vacation countdown…so to me, it doesn’t matter how far my vacation is…I’m just glad I have something to plan for, and that I have a countdown!!!

I hope you have fun making the plans, and please post the details!![/QUOTE]

Me too…I love having something to look forward to…makes getting up in the morning bearable!!

longest i planned was a little over a year…booked in late November of 2008 for trip Christmas Day and New Years 2009/2010. That one was FUN to plan b/c of the happenings in that particuliar week - plus we went deluxe.

I agree life is better with a countdown. I have started an additional WDW fund ($40/wk - yes I know that is nerdy, but I am an accountant - I cant help it) with the express purpose of lining out funds with deals that match our family calander. We ALWAYS miss the deals b/c wife is a teacher and if one comes out when she can leave work - we dont have the cash to book and go. It might 5 years before we can use it.

We usually try to go once a year, and it is usually in May. So, it was always planned each May, but now that my oldest DD started Kindergarten, I’m not sure which month we will go each year.
So, my answer would be usually 12 months ahead, unless there is another trip just thrown in, which happens once in awhile, to make it two visits in a year.

We are already planning our trip for January 2012.

I think the longest we have had to wait and plan for a vacation is just over 2 years, close to 3! It was painful but very worth the wait!

Planning for October 2011 :blush: I love to plan - it’s so much fun! :mickey:

Well, seeing my trip in March with my Sister and Mom is 100% planned out, I just today determined what date I’m going next with my dh and ds, which is November, 2011. I don’t think I could handle being more than a year out.

We have planned 9 months out and as little as three weeks out.

i usually take 12-15 months to plan…not that i need that much time, i use it as an excuse to check out all the forums and get my disney fix:laugh:

382 was the longest countdown we ever did. Rediculous, I know! :crying:

Well we decided on the Polynesian and guess what it’s 720 days for us before we go back. OMG!!! how am I going to be able to wait that long??? :eek:

You will love the Polynesian! Hang in there- just keep looking at the tikiman pages, and allearsnet.com has good pictures of the resort too-
It will come before you know it, and it will be so exciting to go.

april is in the books,will start doing dining reservations tonight for that matter …after this trip that just ended on monday,cape may is a must…it takes a while to plan because of the park hours …not so bad in spring but tougher this fall with many park hours reduced…

I dont think it matters how long out your trip is, it’s more fun just to have something planned and to look forward too. We usually did our planning 18 months out ~ but we did as little as 3 months!!

Like I’ve heard said before, life is always better with a Disney trip planned!!

I couldn’t agree with you more!

Wow, I can’t say I am surprised by 2 years. No surprise at all. Disney is EXPENSIVE and 2 years is not unheard of. I have heard of people saving for 2-3 years. Good job, save your money, enjoy your trip!

We are saving for it and started to as soon as we got back from our POR trip a few weeks ago. Just looking to see where we can save a few hundred dollars here and there. We are already saving atleast $500-600 by driving and not flying. The only problem is driving = 20-25 hours, flying = 2-3 hours, oh well first time for everything.

I think the longest was 6 months, and the shortest was 4 days. We don’t plan as much now, except for special things like the special parties and very hard to get reservations.