Question

Been gone awhile, and am having Disney withdrawals, so I decided to start planning for our next trip…March 2014 :happy: This is the first year my son is not considered a “child”. We have always done the DDP, but at $56/day, not sure its worth it. He doesn’t eat much, and doesn’t like any of the adult choices…SO…if I’m paying out of pocket, can he order off the kids menu, or will they make him choose an “adult” meal. He is 12, but little…barely weighs 80lbs. Anyone know?

You may order off the kids menu. I have personally ordered off the kids menu.

phew…thinking that may be the way to go

ive been finding that the DP is not saving me much money… My husband didn’t get the DP this past year- and it was ok in the end… if I wanted an appetizer, I got one. Did not have to worry about what was included in the plan… (which was such a pain ordering for 5 people) and we did not have to get dessert every meal (which I love)… Then I can get a Mickey Bar, caramel in Germany, etc without feeling like a complete glutton at every meal. Just my 2 cents about whats happening at my house.

Yes I agree. I eat dessert with every meal because it is included, but i DEFINITELY do not need it. We often times don’t even get all the snacks because we are so full from all the food. When the boys were 9.99/day it was worth it, don’t think it is anymore. We may have to cut back on the buffets, because they will charge him as an adult…thats okay though

This is the exact issue we have. Dessert is not our thing, so we’d love to see the DDP offer app OR dessert.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the convenience of it and I love dessert, but I like the flexibility of deciding what I want to eat…
That being said- I do walk about 8 miles a day there- and I would rather be there than here right this minute… :wink:

well that is one of the reasons we don not do the DDP,use it or lose it…

I would love the choice of appetizer or dessert…and while I’m at it, how about a JR price for meals…maybe $25 a day and offer some kid choices and some adult choices? How hard can it be to figure out:blush:

[QUOTE=hanwill;1129447]Don’t get me wrong, I love the convenience of it and I love dessert, but I like the flexibility of deciding what I want to eat…
That being said- I do walk about 8 miles a day there- and I would rather be there than here right this minute… ;)[/QUOTE]

I would rather be there too…a year with no Disney :crying: and looking at my snow covered yard really makes me want to be there NOW!!!

Good suggestions! Why aren’t they asking their MB crew about what we want? LOL

At $56 a day, I’d say don’t do it.
There is almost no way the dining plan is a better deal than paying out of pocket, not when you have to pay the tip for the sitdown at 18-20%. In fact, for your son, it will probably be a waste. But don’t worry because there doesn’t seem to be an age limit for the “child’s portion” meals. My wife, who clearly is not a child, is never challenged when on occasion she orders a kid’s meal.
Heck, most times she goes to a fast burger joint, she’ll order the happy meal.

if not on plan, I dont think its an issue…I have the opposite problem.

My oldest is 11 and this is the first time he is eating from adult, but when he was 9 he HATED the kids and ate his and shared with us. He is like 75 lbs and eats ALL the time…and a BUNCH.

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1129474]if not on plan, I dont think its an issue…I have the opposite problem.

My oldest is 11 and this is the first time he is eating from adult, but when he was 9 he HATED the kids and ate his and shared with us. He is like 75 lbs and eats ALL the time…and a BUNCH.[/QUOTE]

Thats funny…both my boys would be happy with mac and cheese and hot dogs, and we can easily share meals for lunch because there is more than enough food
!