Questions about 4 tours in Magic Kingdom

Since I am staying at the Magic Kingdom and since I get the 15% annual passholder discount on these 4 tours, I might do one of them on my next trip.

These are the 4 tours.

1. Disney’s Family Magic Tour

2. Mickey’s Magical Milestones Tour

3. Disney’s Keys to the Kingdom Tour

4. Disney’s The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour

I will be doing these tours by myself. I am curious if any here has done any of these tours and/or has any information about them.

I am not sure if I want to do the “Family Magic Tour” as that kinda looks like a game and not really sure if I want to do that. Also The Keys to the Kingdom Tour seems kinda long as I will want to spend a lot of time at the Polynesian. The Keys to the Kingdom Tour might be something I would do if I was staying at a value resort. Or during my 2 weeks birthday vacation I might would do Keys to the Kingdom even if I am staying at a Delux resort (4 and a half hours out of a 2 week vacation does not seem as long as 5 hours out of a 5 day vacation if you see what I mean). Now I have not ruled tours 1 and 3 on my list totally out. But I am thinking that tours 2 or 4 on my list might work the best for this trip.

Now with The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour I see that this starts before the park opens and that sounds neat. Now would transportation from the Polynesian get me there on time? Or I could walk over to the ticket and transportation center if that would get me to this tour on time?

If I do the Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour I most likely would not do it on a day that the Magic Kingdom has early extra magic hours for 2 reasons. Reason one is because I might want to enjoy the early extra Magic Hours at Magic Kingdom. Reason 2 is the same reason why I like to book either Crystal Palace or Cinderella Castle for 8:05 am on a day that the Magic Kingdom does not have extra Magic hours. The idea of getting in the Magic Kingdom before the parks opens for breakfast or a tour has more Magic to me if it’s on day that I would not get in early anyway with early extra magic hours.

Mickey’s Magical Milestones Tour sounds really neat. About what time does that tour take place or does it depend.

Anyways I will be calling Disney later today about all of this. I wanted to see if anyone here had any ideas. Also even if I can’t and/or don’t book a tour for this vacation getting ideas can help for other vacations that I will take later in the time of magic such as my 2 week birthday vacation and so on.

Disney’s Keys to the Kingdom Tour - that’s the tour I want to do. I am hoping we can doing it on our next trip.

I have done #3 and #4 and enjoyed both of them quite a bit. I love trains so that tour was very enjoyable for me but for the average person #3 would be the one I pick. You would be able to get to the MK from the Poly in time for the Train tour and it is even close enough to take a leisurely walk. I must say that the Backstage Tour has been my favorite one I have taken to date.

Magical Milestones is OK, it also isn’t a full day affair. I’d suggest you do this tour before Family Magic and certainly before Keys to the Kingdom.
Steam Trains is a great tour, but it is only offered once each day and is a pre park opening tour. This tour starts at 7:30 and ends around 9:30.
I haven’t done Family Magic, so I’ve got no idea.
Keys gets to be a very long tour once you’re into the 6th hour and your down in the Utilador, but if you want to get backstage, this is the one.

The Keys to the Kingdom Tour was wonderful! The time went very quickly and there were loads of neat insights and backstage sites to explore. It included lunch at Columbia House. Our group was of about 12 people; it was a lot of fun talking to the others about their Disney experiences.

I would love to know how you can take a leisurely walk from the Poly to the MK.
You can’t walk there if you plan to cross through the GF’s grounds because the walkway does not cross the canal where they store the Electric Water Pageant barges, there is no bridge.
If you go the other way, you have to walk on the side of the road from TTC, through the tunnel by the Contemporary and continue on the grass as there’re no sidewalks on either side of the tunnel.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1041986]I would love to know how you can take a leisurely walk from the Poly to the MK.
You can’t walk there if you plan to cross through the GF’s grounds because the walkway does not cross the canal where they store the Electric Water Pageant barges, there is no bridge.
If you go the other way, you have to walk on the side of the road from TTC, through the tunnel by the Contemporary and continue on the grass as there’re no sidewalks on either side of the tunnel.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, had the Contemporary on my mind.

THAT, is a brisk 5 minute walk.:biggrin:

Hey after running on my treadmill for 30 minutes a 5 minute walk is a vacation. :laugh:

Just curious, how old do you have to be to do Keys to the Kingdom tour?