Questions about Boardwalk Inn

This is the first time at this resort. Should I request a certain room/area. I know that you can walk or take the boat to Epcot but since the countries do not open till 11:00 are you able to walk through to get to the front. I want to go to EMH and ride soaring and was wondering how they handle rope drop from the back of Epcot. How long is the walk to HS.

Any info about the resort would be appreciated. Thanks

You can enter through the rear gate as soon as the park opens. However, none of the World Showcase locations will be open. You just have to walk to the front of the park (a slight disadvantage to the resort gate).

Yep, you can walk through to Future World - but you’re not going to get the advantage over those entering through the front gates, except there’s never a crowd at the Resort gate. They’ll guide you around to the rope drop.

we always stay at the BWV so I’m not sure which is the best location at BWI - we prefer not to stay over the front of the Boardwalk, because it can be noisy until 2 a.m.

I love staying at the Boardwalk. I’d say it’s about a 10-15(tops) minute walk to the DHS gates.

we stayed at Boardwalk in 2003. We had the court yard view, room number around 2118. Long walk to room from lobby. Liked the idea of entering through the world showcase; :laugh:England actually. Liked option of walking or using the tram. Could also tram over water to Hollywood studios too. Nice ride over water. court yard area was quiet. Nice activities on the Boardwalk too. :cool: Lucky you that you are going. Will be a couple of years or so, before I get to return

You’ll pay more for boardwalk/water view rooms than garden view. It is also noisier on the boardwalk. You’ll also get the feeling that your balcony is part of the show and offers little or no privacy.
There is no theme park view. And if there was, you’d see the backs of the countries, not the fronts.
I think prefer garden view (we’ve had both).

You are going to really enjoy this hotel. The garden view rooms are lovely. We go every year to the garden area and take photos of the kids, because it is so beautiful there. Someday I want to enjoy one of those 2-story suites with the fenced-in private garden filled with roses. I know it’s $$$$$, but maybe for a wedding or something like that…

[QUOTE=Soundgod;900818]You’ll pay more for boardwalk/water view rooms than garden view. It is also noisier on the boardwalk. You’ll also get the feeling that your balcony is part of the show and offers little or no privacy.
There is no theme park view. And if there was, you’d see the backs of the countries, not the fronts.
I think prefer garden view (we’ve had both).[/QUOTE]

I dig the water/boardwalk view if you get an upper floor.

One of my favourite things to do at Boardwalk is sit on the porch in one of the rocking chairs and watch the world go by…it’s a fantastic resort. (Except for the freaky Clown Pool.:blink:)

As the kid in the commercial says “I underestimated the creepiness.”

We stayed there last May and the walk from the elevators to our room was like walking two football fields! (I am not exagerating, too much!) Whatever you do, request a room close to the elevators, and pray you get it!

Thanks for the heads up we are going to be walking from the Studio over the weekend for SSW. I don’t want to get back and have a hike to my room as well. Our plane does not land until 4:15 I hope that’s not too late to request a close room.

Aw, yes “The DREADED HALLWAY”:eek::laugh: It IS long - it’s like looking downan optical illusion actually. You can request, but there’s no guarantee you’ll get it. We once had the very LAST room - I swear I could have taken fastpasses for Tower of Terror we were so close to the Studios:glare: - the upside is that the views are absolutely gorgeous. It is extremely long, but nothing to really worry about.