Questions about Christmas at All Star Music

Hello all! I have a few questions about our upcoming trip. We are going to WDW at Christmas for our first time, and I am super excited!!! :happy:

First, we are probably going to book a family suite at All Star Music because my dad refuses to share a bed with my boyfriend, haha! (Last time we went, we stayed in the bunk bed rooms at AKL for this reason :laugh:) We have looked at the rooms and read that the beds included are one queen, one full pullout sofa bed, one convertible chair sleeper, and one convertible ottoman. Will a 5’10" boyfriend fit comfortably on one of the smaller beds??

Our travel dates are tentatively set around mid December. How busy do the parks tend to be then? Is it comparable to early August? Our WDW experiences have been limited exclusively to summer, so we are hoping that the parks are less crowded and the temperature much more comfortable in December.

What Christmas decorations/shows/anything do we absolutely HAVE to see? We’ve watched the Travel Channel specials before and definitely want to catch the light display in DHS, but other than that all input is welcome!!! The youngest person in our group is 20 years, so we have no interest in the Mickey Christmas party thingamajig, but we do love Christmas lights…

My last question has probably been answered somewhere in this forum many times, but in my cursory once-over I did not see it. Last time we went, we stayed at AKL and their bus service was excellent. Does the bus service differ from a deluxe resort to a value?

Thanks for all your help!!! I appreciate any and all advice before we book for our first ever Christmas trip! :happy:

It might be lovely to see the Candlelight Processional at Epcot-- book a dining reservation for your family and get the Processional package. It is beautiful!

We’ve been there Christmas week, Easter week, and the first week of December. Christmas week was by far the busiest/craziest. The first week was awesome crowd-wise but we could see as the week went on the crowds started to grow. Be prepared for long lines but if you know in advance that it will be busy, I think it’s easier to tolerate crowds. Must do: Candlelight Processional at Epcot, Osborne Lights at Studios, and resort hopping to see all the beautiful decorations, trees, gingerbread houses, chocolate carousels, etc. It’s a fun time to be at the parks! Have fun planning!

I hear that the week before Christmas is pretty slow…we’ve only “done” Christmas once. The decorations are gorgeous - but the highlight for me was the Osborne Lights. I think that’s the only reason I’d go back at Christmas.

Christmas is on a Sunday this year. There is no telling if the whole week before (17-24 December) will be busy, or just starting on Friday the 23rd.

As you get closer to the 25th and on through New Years hit the parks early, leave when the crowds get out of control if you feel you cannot handle it, and head back for night EMH and stay late. This is a great time to relax with the family. Don’t wear yourself out if you don’t have to.

We went the week before Christmas in 1996 and we walked on everything, it was wonderful!! But that was 15 years ago…

We usually go to WDW in the summer and expect big crowds but summer crowds were nothing compared to Christmas eve and Christmas day. However, the few days before the 24th and 25th were much lighter. We could see the crowds grow noticeably every day but easily managed to do what we wanted to do. Our goal going in was to enjoy the Christmas activities and atmosphere and not focus on the attractions as much but we really were able to do both with a good plan.

We went in December in 2009. Our dates were the 15-22. The 15th through the 19th weren’t bad, but once the 20th hit, it was like a massive wave of people hitting the parks. I would go earlier in December to avoid large crowds. Stay as far away from Christmas as possible. Also, be prepared for the cold. It can get cold, especially at night, that time of year.

I would definitely do Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and see the Osbourne lights in DHS. Both are must do’s for us.

1. All-Star Music Suite Beds - Queen Size is fine. Sofa Bed is Fine. Chair sleeper fine, while the ottoman feels small.

2. Osbourne Family Lights, Candlelight Processional, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parade, Voices of Liberty singing Christmas Carols, and plenty of room on your digital camara to hold a ton of pics b/c at EVERY glance there will be something beautiful.

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1080033]1) All-Star Music Suite Beds - Queen Size is fine. Sofa Bed is Fine. Chair sleeper fine, while the ottoman feels small.

1. Osbourne Family Lights, Candlelight Processional, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parade, Voices of Liberty singing Christmas Carols, and plenty of room on your digital camara to hold a ton of pics b/c at EVERY glance there will be something beautiful.[/QUOTE]

ASM has Queen beds? I thought the Values had 2 doubles or 1 king>

family suite has queen in the bedroom section

Thanks. I was wondering how a queen bed came into the equation.

What is the Processional package? Is it like the Fantasmic dinner package?

We were talking about resort hopping, and my dad was hesitant because he didn’t know if that was ‘allowed’. Thanks, I guess we’ll have to do it now! :happy:

We loved resort hopping during our Christmas trip. The resorts are beautifully decorated and worth the time to see. The monorail resorts are the easiest to get to so don’t miss those. Wilderness Lodge is also worth checking out and it’s a quick boat ride from MK. You can also get to Beach Club, Yacht Club, and Boardwalk using the back gate at Epcot. We tend to grab a snack or a quick meal while were checking out the resorts.

Candlelight Processional Package - is similiar to the Fantasmic package. Choice of Supper @ Coral Reef, Mexico, and somewhere else…seating for Candlelight…seating for Illuminations…2 table credits - Illuminations alone makes it worth it IMO.

Resort Hopping is EASY to DO and worth it if you are into looking at decorations…From AS Music - we did this on our Christmas trip - go to Chef Mickey’s for Breakfast (if it early, the bus will sometimes just drop you off there and not MK if you ask, but it has to be way earlier then MK opens). After breakfast hop on the monorail and hit all those stops…go to EPCOT and then out the back gate and hit all those resorts - you could literally see a ton of different resorts in one morning.

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1080184]Candlelight Processional Package - is similiar to the Fantasmic package. Choice of Supper @ Coral Reef, Mexico, and somewhere else…seating for Candlelight…seating for Illuminations…2 table credits - Illuminations alone makes it worth it IMO.

Resort Hopping is EASY to DO and worth it if you are into looking at decorations…From AS Music - we did this on our Christmas trip - go to Chef Mickey’s for Breakfast (if it early, the bus will sometimes just drop you off there and not MK if you ask, but it has to be way earlier then MK opens). After breakfast hop on the monorail and hit all those stops…go to EPCOT and then out the back gate and hit all those resorts - you could literally see a ton of different resorts in one morning.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!! That is an awesome suggestion. I appreciate your help!!!