Questions about the Electrical Parade

I always wondered this How do they ship the Electrical Parade from DL to WDW? Do they disassemble all the floats in pieces and package them up? Or do they keep the floats together pretty much and just huge massive large crates? Also do they ship by trucks? or train? I would love to watch the process of them shipping the floats and be in the warehouse area when they first receive the floats :slight_smile:

Does anyone know if the dumbo floats will be shipped to WDW as well? I heard the pixie dust trail was added and new audio was created but for some reason DCA left out the floats :frown:

Any my last question, does anyone know when Spectros last performance will be? Will it be played June 5th then MSEP on the 6th? Or will there be a gap in between? I would love to be able to see both when I visit the park in June :slight_smile:

Thanks

All great questions! I do have this link from youtube though showing the floats “arriving” for the 1999 run.

YouTube - DisneyParks’s Channel

You might like this.

Magic. They use magic to move them.

[QUOTE=podream08;1027335]I always wondered this How do they ship the Electrical Parade from DL to WDW? Do they disassemble all the floats in pieces and package them up? Or do they keep the floats together pretty much and just huge massive large crates? Also do they ship by trucks? or train? I would love to watch the process of them shipping the floats and be in the warehouse area when they first receive the floats :slight_smile:

Does anyone know if the dumbo floats will be shipped to WDW as well? I heard the pixie dust trail was added and new audio was created but for some reason DCA left out the floats :frown:

Any my last question, does anyone know when Spectros last performance will be? Will it be played June 5th then MSEP on the 6th? Or will there be a gap in between? I would love to be able to see both when I visit the park in June :slight_smile:

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess the youtube video might answer the first question.

During our meeting before Spectro last night I learned that the ELP floats are scheduled to start arriving the middle of this month.

I’ve not heard anything about the Dumbo floats, but I doubt they’ll be shipped since Dumbo’s unit has been replaced with the Pinocchio unit. It’ll be cool to see the return of the Donkey Boys.

As far as the last performance of SpectroMagic, I honestly don’t know which day they’ll do it. I’d like to think they’d end it on the 5th, but it’s not likely. They’ve to move the floats to the Warehouse and the ELP floats to the parade building. The old switcheroo. The Warehouse isn’t very far from the parade building, like half a mile, but you’re talking about moving 25 SpectroMagic floats that can only go 3 mph and driving them all to the warehouse, then driving all the ELP floats over to the highbay. Just not sure it can be done in one night. The more I know and can post, I will!

i have a guy who use to work at disney who is my councillor he said they truck uhm cross country if they can’t truck they use water or both

[QUOTE=cjtownman;1027363]All great questions! I do have this link from youtube though showing the floats “arriving” for the 1999 run.

YouTube - DisneyParks’s Channel

You might like this.[/QUOTE]

OMG!!! that video was awesome…
Disney’s Park Channel Cool!!!:wub::wub::wub:

Thanks

I really want to just imagine all the floats taking a road trip… with all lights and music… you know, just goin’ on down Route 66…

Pixie Dust has something to do with it…that and the Teamsters.

how cool would it have been to seen that driving down the road?!?!

:pinch::laugh::laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;1027386]Well, I guess the youtube video might answer the first question.

During our meeting before Spectro last night I learned that the ELP floats are scheduled to start arriving the middle of this month.

I’ve not heard anything about the Dumbo floats, but I doubt they’ll be shipped since Dumbo’s unit has been replaced with the Pinocchio unit. It’ll be cool to see the return of the Donkey Boys.

As far as the last performance of SpectroMagic, I honestly don’t know which day they’ll do it. I’d like to think they’d end it on the 5th, but it’s not likely. They’ve to move the floats to the Warehouse and the ELP floats to the parade building. The old switcheroo. The Warehouse isn’t very far from the parade building, like half a mile, but you’re talking about moving 25 SpectroMagic floats that can only go 3 mph and driving them all to the warehouse, then driving all the ELP floats over to the highbay. Just not sure it can be done in one night. The more I know and can post, I will![/QUOTE]

Thanks Rowdy! I did notice this schedual being posted on another site however I do not know if it is true or not.

http://www.disneytravelagents.com/StaticFiles/DTA-Domestic/pdf/ParkHours/WDW_Operating_Calendar_june.pdf

EXACTLY!:heart:

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;1027386]Well, I guess the youtube video might answer the first question.

As far as the last performance of SpectroMagic, I honestly don’t know which day they’ll do it. I’d like to think they’d end it on the 5th, but it’s not likely. They’ve to move the floats to the Warehouse and the ELP floats to the parade building. The old switcheroo. The Warehouse isn’t very far from the parade building, like half a mile, but you’re talking about moving 25 SpectroMagic floats that can only go 3 mph and driving them all to the warehouse, then driving all the ELP floats over to the highbay. Just not sure it can be done in one night. The more I know and can post, I will![/QUOTE]

Sounds time-consuming. I am so pumped ELP is coming back. I don’t even think DD remembers it. She was so young when we saw it.