Questions About Tickets

ok so our neighbor had 6, 4 day park hopper tickets from 2003 and he gave them to us with one day left. my mom called disney and they said the people that bought them have to use them, but then she called another number at disney and they said we would just slide them and no ID was needed.

well four of the tickets are for 3-9 year olds, my brother said my mom can just upgrade them for free at the park and we can use them.

im just really scared we are gonna get down there and they wont work.

i sincerely doubt they will work. sorry to be the bearer of bad news…

This really sucks.

i dont remember when I purchased passes exactly in the early 2000’s but they didnt expire at that time and they wernt associated with a thumbprint. My parents used them on a later trip and they worked.

Oh really? I’ll have to talk to my neighbor and see. Thanks for your help!

[QUOTE=finboy;1037409]ok so our neighbor had 6, 4 day park hopper tickets from 2003 and he gave them to us with one day left. my mom called disney and they said the people that bought them have to use them, but then she called another number at disney and they said we would just slide them and no ID was needed.

well four of the tickets are for 3-9 year olds, my brother said my mom can just upgrade them for free at the park and we can use them.

im just really scared we are gonna get down there and they wont work.[/QUOTE]

It really doesn’t help when one Disney person tells you one thing and one another. I was looking for help too in upgrading tickets (different package to yours) and I found I was getting very mixed messages. In the end I did some research and I think either Mousemisers.com, or Mousesavers.com gave a good clear explanation on all tickets, including upgrades and expiry etc.
I dont know if you’ll definitely find your answer there but it might be worth a try. I hope it all works out for you.

I don’t think you’ll have a problem.
There is no real identification for tickets, other than the finger tag.
In every case I have seen, if the finger tag didn’t work, the CM at the gate would simply recode that ticket to whoever is holding it.
In fact, I have had an AP for 5 years now and numerous times, my own pass has had to be recoded because the ticket didn’t match my finger tag and nobody but me has ever had possession of my pass.
Also, the finger tag was not put into use until 2004 or 2005, and the finger tag system was changed from its first version to the current version. If your passes are from 2003, I wouldn’t even worry.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1037509]I don’t think you’ll have a problem.
There is no real identification for tickets, other than the finger tag.
In every case I have seen, if the finger tag didn’t work, the CM at the gate would simply recode that ticket to whoever is holding it.
In fact, I have had an AP for 5 years now and numerous times, my own pass has had to be recoded because the ticket didn’t match my finger tag and nobody but me has ever had possession of my pass.
Also, the finger tag was not put into use until 2004 or 2005, and the finger tag system was changed from its first version to the current version. If your passes are from 2003, I wouldn’t even worry.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for your help. I called today and they said that we could upgrade the children tickets to adult tickets for free of charge. So we are gonna try it out and if nothing works we are just gonna buy tickets there. Thanks though this makes me feel a little hopeful! :heart:

that’s pretty cook i didn’t know you could do that.
but am i the only one that sees something wrong with using someone else’s tickets?
but i don’t judge and hey if it gets you to disney when you otherwise wouldn’t have been able to go, then cool…

[QUOTE=nubeanie;1037538]that’s pretty cool i didn’t know you could do that.
but am i the only one that sees something wrong with using someone else’s tickets?[/QUOTE]

You should not see anything wrong with using “somebody else’s” ticket.
Unused tickets, unlike an annual pass are not really the personal property of any particular person. In fact, the original person who used those tickets, might never return to WDW to use the unused days. Plus, the tickets are actually good for 30 years from the day of purchase, so long as they are pre-Magic Your Way park hoppers or if they are non expire MYW tickets. I actually inherited my first tickets from my mom. She and my step dad went shortly after they were married (85) and by the time I finally made my first trip to WDW (96) they had both passed on. Additionally, prior to 2005 when they instituted the finger tag system, they didn’t even really care who had the ticket, just so long as the ticket was valid. Finboy’s tickets definitely fall into the pre-2005 category.
I don’t see this as being any real issue. The admission is paid for and it should not matter who is using the ticket.

[QUOTE=nubeanie;1037538]that’s pretty cook i didn’t know you could do that.
but am i the only one that sees something wrong with using someone else’s tickets?
but i don’t judge and hey if it gets you to disney when you otherwise wouldn’t have been able to go, then cool…[/QUOTE]

Well if they’ve had the tickets since 2003 and are old now and never gonna go why put them to waste? I mean they payed full price and gave them to us as a gift and Disney is going to get money from us anyways seeing as we will probably have to buy merchandise that is over priced. But I don’t care either way, if it works cool if not guess we will just buy tickets.

I’m just curious how do park hoppers work? Lets say you have a 4 day pass with park hopper do you have to use one of the days each time you go to a new park? I’m kinda confused on the hopper.

OK. Hope I don’t loose ya’.
Regular tix allow you to enter the same park each day. If you go to MK in the AM, you could enter MK again that same day after say going back to the hotel for a cool down dip in the pool. If you were to go to MK in the AM, and say Epcot in the PM, you would have 2 visits charged against the same tix for the same day. If you had say a 4 day tix you would only have 2 more parks you could visit. That might not be a problem for a 2-3 day stay, but if you bought a 4 day tix to hit a park each day of a 4 day vacation you would be short 1 day.
With the Hopper option you can hit different parks on the same day without an extra visit being charged against the tix. So a 4 day Hopper would get you into any of the 4 parks at any time.
Did I confuse ya’?

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1037547]OK. Hope I don’t loose ya’.
Regular tix allow you to enter the same park each day. If you go to MK in the AM, you could enter MK again that same day after say going back to the hotel for a cool down dip in the pool. If you were to go to MK in the AM, and say Epcot in the PM, you would have 2 visits charged against the same tix for the same day. If you had say a 4 day tix you would only have 2 more parks you could visit. That might not be a problem for a 2-3 day stay, but if you bought a 4 day tix to hit a park each day of a 4 day vacation you would be short 1 day.
With the Hopper option you can hit different parks on the same day without an extra visit being charged against the tix. So a 4 day Hopper would get you into any of the 4 parks at any time.
Did I confuse ya’?[/QUOTE]

Ok so if there Is only 1 day left on the pass we wouldn’t be able to go to two parks? It’s really confusing sorry lol

If the day left is on a hopper tix you can hop to your hearts content. If not, one park it is. Stop @ the guest service window before you enter the park and they can tell you if it is a hopper or not. Just tell them they are left over from your last trip years ago.

okay thanks for your help! <3

No problem. When are you going and how long are you staying? Onsite or off site?

We actually leave tomorrow for Florida, but we are only going to Disney for one day. Where we stay is about 2 hours away so we will go down for one day, and the rest of the week chill at the beach and Daytona. I don’t know how people can go to Disney for a full week, the heat would kill me.

No different than the heat and humidity here in SC. Have fun.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1037547]
Regular tix allow you to enter the same park each day. If you go to MK in the AM, you could enter MK again that same day after say going back to the hotel for a cool down dip in the pool. If you were to go to MK in the AM, and say Epcot in the PM, you would have 2 visits charged against the same tix for the same day. [/QUOTE]
The part above in bold is incorrect.

A base ticket, a NON park hopper, is a “one park per day” ticket. You absolutely 100% CAN’T use two “days” from a base ticket to enter two different Disney theme parks on the same day.

Please trust me on this. It’s not my opinion, it’s DIsney fact.

If you use a base ticket to visit Magic Kingdom in the morning and then try to use it to visit Epcot later that afternoon, the Epcot turnstil will NOT unlock. A greeter CM will come over to assess the problem. The display visible to you will say “access denied.” The display visible to the CM (on the other side) will say “crossover not permitted” and will also give info about the entitlements on the ticket. The CM will know that it’s a one park per day ticket and that you already visited Magic Kingdom earlier that same day. You will NOT be admitted to Epcot, in this example.

There’s no wiggle room, there’s no “but what if …”, that IS the way it is.

Disney’s rules don’t necessarily make common sense, but they are Disney’s rules, and I figure better to know them now then find them out for the first time at the gate. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=finboy;1037409]ok so our neighbor had 6, 4 day park hopper tickets from 2003 and he gave them to us with one day left. my mom called disney and they said the people that bought them have to use them, but then she called another number at disney and they said we would just slide them and no ID was needed.

im just really scared we are gonna get down there and they wont work.[/QUOTE]

Tickets from 2003 can be used by anyone because the Ticket Tag (finger scan) system was not put into place until January 2, 2005. Yes, I know that Disney tickets are non-transferable, but since these old tickets can’t be identified to an exact individual, I can’t be worried about preaching that anyone should follow that rule.

However, morals aside, there’s a problem with the idea of the free upgrade of the child tickets to adult tickets. Unless you have teenagers, it won’t work. Disney won’t allow it.

Please try to follow this, it’s gonna be complicated … :eek:

We know that Disney says it’s tickets are non-transferable, that it can’t be used by anyone else. They mean it. So here you have child tickets from 2003. The ONLY circumstance in which Disney will upgrade a ticket from child to adult is if the child who first used that ticket is now an adult (in Disney terms, age 10+). If a child was 9 when the ticket was bought in 2003, that child can’t be any older than 16 now (and a 3 year old in 2003 is now 10). You would need to have someone who plausibly looks between the ages of 10 and 16 for EACH ticket in order to have that ticket upgraded so that an adult can use it.

If a 30 year old goes to a ticket window with a 2003 child’s ticket, the CM will know that the 30 year old wasn’t a child back in 2003, and thus they will know this ticket is obviously being transfered from one person to another, which Disney does not allow.

And no, you can’t say it is FOR your teenager … they need to see the child in-person in order to do that upgrade.

Sorry for the bad news, but better to know it now than at the park!

And again, NONE of this is opinion, it’s pure Disney procedure.