Questions about Universal

Hello all. I won the pass from the superbowl and thinking of using it while in Disney in Sept. I had some questions before I decide if its a good idea or not. It will only be myself and Madison who will be 8 this trip. Questions are… How many days will it take to do? We are not BIG coaster fans and she is 7 so I want to figure what park is good for her. How can I get there if staying on WDW property? I don’t want to rent a car for the whole week we are there. Will a taxi be cheaper? If I rent a car how do I get to/from rental location? Thanks in advance for the help!

You’ll hate it. Send the pass to me and I’ll take care of it for you.

Ugg… you beat me to it.

Hello…it’s a free ticket. take a cab and enjoy your free day

You snooze you lose. I called dibbs on the nuisance ticket.

Ahhh… this is tough.

This is just a crazy thought, but do DtD resort hotels offer shuttle service to Universal parks? If so, you could use them! :laugh:

You can really do a Universal park in a day. Islands of Adventure is comparable to MK, and Universal Studios is comparable to DHS. IoA has some big thrills, but I think I’d still recommend it. Universal Studios is in a lot of aspects outdated. Your DD might not understand a lot of the movie references (still enjoyable, though). IoA has the adorable Suess Landing, which is where I would spend all of my time. There’s some shows and three huge, interactive playgrounds… also a few “dark” rides (errr… one, really).

Universal/IoA are really geared towards thrill-lovers. I’m not sure how much there is to do for someone who doesn’t enjoy that sort of stuff. And the minimum height requirement is 54" for both rollercoasters and 52" for Dr. Doom’s Fearfall, so even if DD was a coaster fan, I wouldn’t think she’d be able to get on.

Definitely look for special events happening at that time.

Actually, I changed my mind. Universal Studios would probably be better. There’s Jimmy Neutron’s Nicktoon Blast, Shrek 4D, Beetlejuice’s Rock n’ Roll Graveyard Revue (beware… Beetlejuice has a potty mouth), Earthquake (more intense than DHS’s Backlot), ET Adventure, Fear Factor Live, Fievel’s Playground, and Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster. And there’s an Animal Planet show. Very cute.

Men In Black Alien Attack is similar to Buzz Lightyear in the shooting aspect, but you’re shooting disgusting animatronic aliens instead of cute, animated ones. Twister is just stupid. Terminator 2:3D is really intense. Revenge of the Mummy is an amazing rollercoaster with a 48" minimum height requirement… it’s elaborately themed and comparable to EE, but kind of spooky. Jaws has a few scary scenes (shark… dead, bleading shark) but isn’t rough. I personally love and highly recommend the Universal Horrer Make-Up Show, but it is horror make-up and rather creepy - I just find it fascinating.

The nighttime spactacular is in no way comparable to a Disney spectacular, but they do imitate technology used in Illuminations.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;945597]

Universal/IoA are really geared towards thrill-lovers. I’m not sure how much there is to do for someone who doesn’t enjoy that sort of stuff. And the minimum height requirement is 54" for both rollercoasters and 52" for Dr. Doom’s Fearfall, so even if DD was a coaster fan, I wouldn’t think she’d be able to get on.

Definitely look for special events happening at that time.[/QUOTE]

That’s part of why we don’t go there, my guys aren’t thrill ride people so we stick to WDW. I know not every ride is a thrill ride but there are more there than at WDW.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;945606]Actually, I changed my mind. Universal Studios would probably be better. There’s Jimmy Neutron’s Nicktoon Blast, Shrek 4D, Beetlejuice’s Rock n’ Roll Graveyard Revue (beware… Beetlejuice has a potty mouth), Earthquake (more intense than DHS’s Backlot), ET Adventure, Fear Factor Live, Fievel’s Playground, and Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster. And there’s an Animal Planet show. Very cute.

Men In Black Alien Attack is similar to Buzz Lightyear in the shooting aspect, but you’re shooting disgusting animatronic aliens instead of cute, animated ones. Twister is just stupid. Terminator 2:3D is really intense. Revenge of the Mummy is an amazing rollercoaster with a 48" minimum height requirement… it’s elaborately themed and comparable to EE, but kind of spooky. Jaws has a few scary scenes (shark… dead, bleading shark) but isn’t rough. I personally love and highly recommend the Universal Horrer Make-Up Show, but it is horror make-up and rather creepy - I just find it fascinating.

The nighttime spactacular is in no way comparable to a Disney spectacular, but they do imitate technology used in Illuminations.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Victoria for all the info. I planned on going to disney 9-14 to 9-20 but now I may add 3 days before to do US and IOA with the free ticket thing…now…if I can figure out how to get there…How much do you think a cab would run RT?

you should have a blast there is thing to see and do for a 7 - 8 year old my kids loved it at 8 and that was years ago…

I always get a cab from Disney to universal its less hassle than car hire for me.
I use quicksilver all the time because I know I can rely on them

quicksilve is aroune $80 - $90 round trip more info on the site…
Quicksilver Tours & Transportation : Orlando airport Disney World transportation.
:heart:

Sorry forgot to say you can do both parks in a very full day - but would prefer to do one park per day:wub: especially with a 7 year old

Thanks for the info. I think I may look into a rental car. For 3 days I was quoted $90 from dollar but if I can get done both parks in 2 days that would be great. I don’t know how much a cab would cost.

Ok, so I got my ticket today also. Sorry but can I thread jack for a moment. I need to know if the ticket is only for the one who won or for anyone in the household. I thought I was going to use it but I don’t think I am now. Can I give it to someone else in my family?

I don’t know. I thought you had to show id at the gate. Is your name on the ticket?

Yes,but in the rules it say 1 ticket per househol and e-mail address. It did not say specifically that it is only for the person on the ticket. I would assume that it is for the person only on the ticket.

I think it would be fine for someone else to use the ticket. It was given to you, and I would assume that you could give it to whoever you wish. As long as you aren’t selling the ticket, I don’t see why it would be a problem.

We went back in Nov and we did both parks in one full day.It was bit cold so we did avoid all ride that would get you wet.The simpson ride is the best ride that we have been on.Family and I both enjoyed more than TSM.(sorry)

Not sure what these tickets will have on them as mine hasn’t arrived yet.

:blink::angry::angry::angry: Be gone from MouseBuzz!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: KIDDING!!!