Questions before i leave

I’m leaving in 11 days and trying to get all my things in order. I was wondering can I use Disney Dollars in DTD locations such as Basin or does it have to be a Disney store? Also where can I use my DVC discount card at? Also my guide told me that there will be a gift card at check in for me since they messed up my checking account when I purchased DVC. Will check in know this or do I need to remind them? Is there anything I need to know about Checking in and out of a DVC resort since this my first time??? Thanks all

I can answer your Disney Dollars question. When I was there for Thanksgiving I used DD in Ghirardelli and Earl of Sandwich without any problems so I would think the same holds true for Basin.

Happy Shopping.

[QUOTE=Monique;913743]I can answer your Disney Dollars question. When I was there for Thanksgiving I used DD in Ghirardelli and Earl of Sandwich without any problems so I would think the same holds true for Basin.

Happy Shopping.[/QUOTE] Thanks! I love Basin and needed to make a budget

Check-in is the same and if you go on the DVC site you will find where to get discounts.

I’ve never used Disney Dollars, I’ve only had that Disney gift card that you can use at the parks, DtD, etc… and I am pretty sure I used that at Basin so I don’t see why they wouldn’t take Disney Dollars BUT it’s probably best to call & ask just to make sure.

There are a lot of places you can get the DVC discount, I don’t have them all memorized but I know Basin is one of them. I literally get into the habit of everytime I make a purchase asking; “do you have a Disney Vacation Club or Annual Pass discount available?” Most people know but if they don’t they usually ask another cast member.

Which resort are you staying at? If the gift card is not there for you at check-in it’s never a problem to stop over at the DVC preview center in SSR to see your guide. Well, unless they’re one of the people that sell & work from home like mine. :laugh: Maybe call your guide before you leave for a gentle reminder.

Checking in & out is generally the same.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;913760]I’ve never used Disney Dollars, I’ve only had that Disney gift card that you can use at the parks, DtD, etc… and I am pretty sure I used that at Basin so I don’t see why they wouldn’t take Disney Dollars BUT it’s probably best to call & ask just to make sure.

There are a lot of places you can get the DVC discount, I don’t have them all memorized but I know Basin is one of them. I literally get into the habit of everytime I make a purchase asking; “do you have a Disney Vacation Club or Annual Pass discount available?” Most people know but if they don’t they usually ask another cast member.

Which resort are you staying at? If the gift card is not there for you at check-in it’s never a problem to stop over at the DVC preview center in SSR to see your guide. Well, unless they’re one of the people that sell & work from home like mine. :laugh: Maybe call your guide before you leave for a gentle reminder.

Checking in & out is generally the same.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Jess! I’m staying at SSR. I never knew that’s where they are located. I wish I could sell DVC from home. I would be awesome at that. Hmmmmmmm…

Well I don’t know exactly the set up but my rep. has been with DVC from Day 1 and he recently started working from his home in the Orlando area. So I don’t know how many people are doing it, or if it’s only the veterans. I have no clue, but that would be awesome!

We actually rented points from a wonderful MBer and we charged items to our room all over DTD and we automatically got the DVC discount at all of those places (Basin included) just because it was on our card. I felt bad and told her we weren’t DVC members but she gave it to us anyway for “being honest” :laugh:

That’s so cool. So you get a special DVC tag on the room key? Oh…maybe so they know. I bought my tickets at the disney store so I wonder how they work that.

My only comment is bring written or printed paper conformations with conformation numbers if at all possible, even if you don’t have to use them.
We had a printed conformation about our room rate at the AKL and when we were leaving we looked at our bill left on the door and were charged an extra 600 dollars.
We took the printed conformation to the front desk and the manager immediately took off the 600 dollars before it was charged to my credit card.

[QUOTE=joseph3947;913912]My only comment is bring written or printed paper conformations with conformation numbers if at all possible, even if you don’t have to use them.
We had a printed conformation about our room rate at the AKL and when we were leaving we looked at our bill left on the door and were charged an extra 600 dollars.
We took the printed conformation to the front desk and the manager immediately took off the 600 dollars before it was charged to my credit card.[/QUOTE]
Great tip! I actually own DVC so I better not get a bill on my door. Matter of fact they just took my 2nd payment out today :laugh: