"Queueless" Wait Testing at RNRC

Did you guys read in the AllEarsNet weekly newsletter that they’ve been testing a “queueless” wait for RNRC?

Our friends at StudiosCentral.com have reported on a new “queueless” system being tested at Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster. Using this system, you’re given a numbered ticket and can then wait in a special area where children can play, a DJ plays tunes, and video games are available to help you pass the time. When your ticket number is called, you have five minutes to get in the queue to ride. If you miss your slot, you lose your place.

Here’s Pictures:
Rock 'n Roller Coaster Queue Test - Studios Update | Weekly Photo Updates of Hollywood Studios

Any thoughts? Personally, I think I’d rather wait in line than stand around. At least then I can see the progress. I can’t really see this working at peak times of the year. It sounds like another form of FastPass, except you if you miss your time, you can’t come back later. I doubt that they’ll be testing this the weeks before and after Christmas.

I think that I might agree with you, Victoria. What if I don’t get the message that it’s my time to ride. Heck, I have missed my name being called at Tony’s :pinch:

This will probably wind up being another idea that they give up on.
At AK two weeks ago, I asked about the central FP distribution and was told that they will only be doing that during the most crowded times.

I agree with both of you. I don’t like this plan at all!

It looks like this was a way to keep the ride open and not have it look like it was crowded for the filming, and not a change to fast pass. The key is the sign about filming, and the fact that the barriers were up to keep guest outside the entire RnR area except for entering and exiting.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1008614] The key is the sign about filming[/QUOTE]\

I thought that was interesting as well. I’ve seen roaming film crews before, but never those signs.

If they are trying out a new system, I give them an “A” for effort. I like the notion that they are always trying new systems to see what works and, sometimes, doesn’t work.

Kinda reminds me of boarding a SWA flight.