Quick Service = McDonalds?

On our last WDW trip, we were on the free DDP. I remember reading somewhere, I think actually in one of the quick service spots, that the burgers and such that you order are actually McDonalds products :blink:.

I know it was branded fast food, if not McDonalds than Burger King or something similiar.:blow:

Anybody else read that?

[QUOTE=Bigjon010;1025511]On our last WDW trip, we were on the free DDP. I remember reading somewhere, I think actually in one of the quick service spots, that the burgers and such that you order are actually McDonalds products :blink:.

I know it was branded fast food, if not McDonalds than Burger King or something similiar.:blow:

Anybody else read that?[/QUOTE]

I think in Dinoland in AK they used to sell McD’s Nuggets and Fries and Happy Meals. Not sure if they still do this, but I am pretty sure they did.

McDonalds products (FF, nuggests and such) are sold in a few locations all around WDW. The FF are the most often seen, but there is a spot in the World showcase and the spot mentioned in the post above where you can get the nuggets and stuff too. (not positive on the burgers however). The snacks and the meals offered are accepted on the DDP. It is not accepted at the mcdonalds at DTD however. Mcdonalds has been an active sponsor at WDW for a long time. Besides, who makes FF better than mcdonalds?:heart:

I think you guys misunderstood me.

I mean the actual quick service meals. When you go to the QS desk and order the Bacon Double Cheeseburger, or whatever you order, they are McDonald’s products. Like at Cosmic Ray’s, or Pecos Bill’s or any other QS where the standard fare is burgers and fries, etc… Meaning, the standard QS burgers are the same as Micky D’s.

I swear I read that somewhere in the parks.

Not that I am really complaining, because you are right, the fries are the best. Just surprised me.

[QUOTE=Bigjon010;1025539]I think you guys misunderstood me.

I mean the actual quick service meals. When you go to the QS desk and order the Bacon Double Cheeseburger, or whatever you order, they are McDonald’s products. Like at Cosmic Ray’s, or Pecos Bill’s or any other QS where the standard fare is burgers and fries, etc… Meaning, the standard QS burgers are the same as Micky D’s.

[/QUOTE]

No…not at all. The CS burgers are different from say a McDonalds cheeseburger or a Quarter Pounder. The fries are different as well. If somewhere sells McD’s products they advertise it very well.

Bigjon are you saying that maybe the meat patties or something are from McD’s, or rather from the same distributor that McD’s gets theirs from?
I could believe that after eating at some of the HS ocations :eek:
Seriously though, that is done quite often. Some examples are our Arenas that host pro sports teams sell Chic tenders from Sam’s, also Schwan’s supplies Arby’s with their fries, and provides products, assembly lines/packaging for Edwards pies, & Red Barron Pizzas.
I have a feeling that a lot of the known fav’s get their products from the same distributors more than we realize.

The more I think about it, the more I think it ties in to both Dana’s and Cinderbella’s replies.

Dana:
“Mcdonalds has been an active sponsor at WDW for a long time.”

Cinderbella:
“f somewhere sells McD’s products they advertise it very well.”

I now remember where I got it. Posted on one of the wall menus at a QS location, was a little sign that said “Sponsored by McDonalds” It was one of the places where you could get a bacon double cheese and maybe a couple other items. So, since all the QS burgers seem the same… it seems like they are all MDs. I remember them tasting like a Mickey’s D’s gut bomb too! :happy:Tasty, but sits in your gut like a brick:pinch:! haha

Actually Dana there are no longer McDonald’s locations in the park any longer. The fry stand they used to have, in Frontier Land I think it was, in Magic Kingdom is no longer there, I specifically remember the sad looking stand.

When my Mom and I were in Epcot we were starving but Morocco was way too far so we decided to eat in The Land before we headed to the countries. The McDonald’s that was there after you make the right into the countries is no longer there. The hut is there but it’s not McDonald’s it was sandwiches and such. I had heard they were closing all the McDonald’s locations and they certainly did. I can’t speak for Animal Kingdom as we weren’t in the park but MK & Epcot are a definite.

I also recall seeing an article, perhaps on here, that they’re closing the McDonald’s in DTD.

I think the closing date was April 30. It’s going to be replaced with a Pollo Campero, a Latin chicken fast food restaurant.

That’s the only place I remember too . . . but the burgers were totally different (better) then what you get at McDonalds. I think when they revamped Donald’s breakfast and moved it to Tusker House they shut down this location? I haven’t been in that part of AK in so long . . . we don’t go to Nemo anymore, and my kids don’t like the games and stuff. I’ll have to check it out when I go in April!

Also, the McDonalds by the ALL Stars is still there . . . it recently went through a refrub, but the ones in the parks . . . are no longer McDonalds products.

I just found this on allears.net: Restaurantosaurus - Counter Service at Disney’s Animal Kingdom

Doesn’t say McDonalds, but it’s the same menu?

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1025566]I just found this on allears.net: Restaurantosaurus - Counter Service at Disney’s Animal Kingdom

Doesn’t say McDonalds, but it’s the same menu?[/QUOTE]

That may be where I read the Mcdonalds sponsor sign.
BUT… the burgers were the same, tasted the same, as all the other QS locations that sold the burgers.

Bigjon – Over Christmas, I took two teenaged boys who are EXTREME McDonaldsaholics. They were bitterly disappointed in the burgers at WDW, including at Restaurantosaurus, because they were NOT McDonald’s.

I am not sure what goes on behind the kitchen doors, but the burgers don’t taste like McDonald’s to me either. Not at all.

I cannot imagine that McDonald’s would ever allow a single burger or fry to be sold without the McDonald’s logo on it. I also can’t imagine that they’d sponsor a burger stand that sold non-Disney food, either.

P.S. Does everyone remember when there was a McDonald’s Fry Station between Frontierland and Adventureland?

Bigjon – I have to disagree on a couple of points. :happy:

Over Christmas, I took two teenaged boys who are EXTREME McDonaldsaholics. They were bitterly disappointed in the burgers at WDW, including at Restaurantosaurus, because they were NOT McDonald’s.

(I can’t post on here what they said the WDW burgers tasted like! And they requested to be taken to McDoanld’s at DTD for some REAL food…) :laugh:

I am not sure what goes on behind the kitchen doors, but the burgers don’t taste like McDonald’s to me either. Not at all.

I cannot imagine that McDonald’s would ever allow a single burger or fry to be sold without the McDonald’s logo on it. I also can’t imagine that they’d sponsor a burger stand that sold non-Disney food, either.

P.S. Does everyone remember when there was a McDonald’s Fry Station between Frontierland and Adventureland?

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1025571]

P.S. Does everyone remember when there was a McDonald’s Fry Station between Frontierland and Adventureland?[/QUOTE]

I remember that, our son is going to be disappointed when he finds out it’s gone.

Definitely not McDonald’s burgers at any of the cs we have had burgers at. The texture, meat taste and salt content is way different (much better in my opinion) at cs vs. McD’s.

It’s still a fry stand, but it’s just not McDonalds fries

We’ve eaten at many cs restaurants and never had a burger that taste like Mcd’s. We don’t eat many hamburgers while there, but the one’s we did have were better than Mcd’s.

It is now the Golden Oak Outpost and it has been around for about a year.

[QUOTE=DisneyFreak78;1025557]
When my Mom and I were in Epcot we were starving but Morocco was way too far so we decided to eat in The Land before we headed to the countries. The McDonald’s that was there after you make the right into the countries is no longer there. The hut is there but it’s not McDonald’s it was sandwiches and such. [/QUOTE]

I was disappointed to see that it had changed. I was looking forward to a snack of McDonald’s fries when I was there in Sept. :glare: