Quick trip report

Just got back from Disney. Stayed at the Dolphin. Went 16-17. Drove over from Tampa. Had a great time.

Noticed that the Wonders of Life Pavilion used for the Flower & Garden Festival Center is only open Fri-Sat-Sun. They do have the shirts, etc at 4 kiosks around World Showcase.

Ate at the Mexican Pavilion. Nacho salsa was really watered down. We enjoy the food, but we’ll eat outside at the Cantina from now on.
Noticed that the Epcot restaurants really are going to mass produced food. Their menu’s have shortened and they get the food out quick. Couple at the next table had their food from a kitchen guy before the waitress could get back with their drinks and nachos. Now that’s quick.

Cheryl and I want to the Japanese pavilion. Cheryl told our waitress at the sushi side that she has scallop allergies. She is sensitive to any cross contamination, etc. Obviously she doesn’t eat scallops. Manager came over and basically told us that we eat at our own risk. No kidding. We left without ordering anything. Went to Kimono’s @ the Swan that nite. Great place. We’ve eaten there tons of times. No problems with the scallop allergy and they know how to keep things separate, I guess.

Frank

Sorry to hear about the manager. Was this a 1 day trip? if so thats so nice you are able to go for a day at a time.

It’s easy to drive over from Tampa. Only 90 minutes (traffic depending). We usually stay the nite so we can party a bit in the evening. Then do a park and lunch the next day and drive back.
Frank

:eek: That’s really terrible (scallop allergy) I’m allergic to pork and they always send the chef to see me and take care of any problems!

Wow… that manager shouldn’t work for Disney. Disney should be able to handle all dinning allergies. Wow i’m shocked. I hope you had a good trip though.

[QUOTE=fjs08;953686]Noticed that the Wonders of Life Pavilion used for the Flower & Garden Festival Center is only open Fri-Sat-Sun. They do have the shirts, etc at 4 kiosks around World Showcase.
[/QUOTE]

I’m taking my Mom for the flower & garden show this Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. We’ve never been there at this time. Doe this mean we will miss a lot of stuff seeing we aren’t there over the weekend, or will we still be able to keep busy.

They typically can but I think they ask that you call ahead to let them know the dietary needs. I also think in a place like that where scallops are served/cooked frequently, it’s hard to guarantee safety.

That being said, it’s really unfortunate that they couldn’t offer you ANY help at all. :frown: