Quickest transportation form WL

We are finally going back after three years. We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge for the first time. I would like anyone’s advice on the best way to get to the parks from WL such as is it quicker to take the bus to Epcot or take a boat to the MK, then take the monorail to the ticket center and then switch to the monorail to Epcot? also, is there a bus that goes to the ticket center from WL?

I think it would be faster to just take the bus. I do know that there is a link I saw on a post a long time ago to a website that told you the best way to get from point A to point B.

I’m sure someone on here knows the link I am talking about and will post it shortly for you.
Have a great trip!!

[QUOTE=johnkimv;980057]I think it would be faster to just take the bus. I do know that there is a link I saw on a post a long time ago to a website that told you the best way to get from point A to point B.

I’m sure someone on here knows the link I am talking about and will post it shortly for you.
Have a great trip!![/QUOTE]

I agree with johnkimv that the direct bus from WL to Epcot will be much faster than the other way.

Think of it this way … every time you have to stand and WAIT for a mode of transportation, it adds greatly to the time it takes to get from Point A to Point B. You wait for a bus … one wait. You wait for a boat, then walk to the monorail, then wait for the monorail, then ride the monorail to TTC, then get off the monorail and walk down off the platform and around and up to another platform and wait for another monorail … three waits.

Take the bus.

There are no buses that go from any Disney resort to the TTC.

As far as the website that johnkimv brings up … if anyone posts the link, please avoid it at all costs. Unfortunately, the Our Laughing Place transportation wizard is badly outdated. It recommends some routes that haven’t existed in many years, and ignores some routes that currently exist.

From WL to MK = boat
From WL to Epcot = bus
From WL to HS = bus
From WL to AK = bus
From WL to DTD = bus
From WL to any MK resort = Boat to MK and then monorail to resort
From WL to Any other resort = boat to Mk and take resort’s bus
From WL to water parks = bus

[QUOTE=Dana;980060]From WL to MK = boat
From WL to Epcot = bus
From WL to HS = bus
From WL to AK = bus
From WL to DTD = bus
From WL to any MK resort = Boat to MK and then monorail to resort
From WL to Any other resort = boat to Mk and take resort’s bus
From WL to water parks = bus[/QUOTE]

I will just tweak Dana’s list. If you are going to go to the Contemporary or FW from the WL- they have a resort launch. It will go continuosly from WL to Fort Wilderness Campground to the Comtemporary and back to the WL. If you need to go the Poly or Grand Floridian, you can take this little boat to the Contemporary and hop the monorail from the Contemporary. This boat starts running at 6:45am each morning. This will also be your only (I think) transportation to get to MK before the big boats start running. If you have to get to MK before park opening for an early ADR, just take the little boat to the Contemporary and hop on the monorail. I hope this makes sense!! :laugh: