Quicksilver question

Ok, so our trip is coming up and we would like to go ahead and prepay for our quicksilver reservation. We have done this in the past and I thought that when we made the ressie (last time) that we paid right away. We want to do this again. I think it was actually mandatory bastide we are not US residents, but I could be remembering wrong. So when I made the online ressie this time I was expecting to have to give a credit card number but it wasn’t asked for. I have called quicksilver and left messages but they haven’t called back. Does anyone know of they will let me pay in advance? We just want to have one less thing to pay later so we want it on our card now.

They have never taken money online. You pay for your round trip on your first leg.

I can’t imagine why they don’t take money when we make reservations, they must not have had many problems with people not showing up.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1095641]They have never taken money online. You pay for your round trip on your first leg.

I can’t imagine why they don’t take money when we make reservations, they must not have had many problems with people not showing up.[/QUOTE]

Oh, they have had problems, believe me. It’s just that Gregory (the owner of Quicksilver) wants to keep his reservations process easy and his customer service reputation top-notch, so he hasn’t required the hassle of credit card guarantees to this point.

You can sort-of prepay your Quicksilver reservation. You can call and request to put your credit card information on file and then the card will be charged at the time of service. I’ve done this several times and it’s worked well.

[QUOTE=Turnwrench;1095649]Oh, they have had problems, believe me. It’s just that Gregory (the owner of Quicksilver) wants to keep his reservations process easy and his customer service reputation top-notch, so he hasn’t required the hassle of credit card guarantees to this point.

You can sort-of prepay your Quicksilver reservation. You can call and request to put your credit card information on file and then the card will be charged at the time of service. I’ve done this several times and it’s worked well.[/QUOTE]

I just :heart: Quicksilver. Just sayin’…

[QUOTE=Turnwrench;1095649]Oh, they have had problems, believe me. It’s just that Gregory (the owner of Quicksilver) wants to keep his reservations process easy and his customer service reputation top-notch, so he hasn’t required the hassle of credit card guarantees to this point.

You can sort-of prepay your Quicksilver reservation. You can call and request to put your credit card information on file and then the card will be charged at the time of service. I’ve done this several times and it’s worked well.[/QUOTE]

I’m going to call again and try doing this. Hopefully I actually reach someone and don’t get voicemail though. I don’t want to leave another message.

Me, too. :happy:

Hi,

First of all we apologize for missing your call.

We actually prefer if the reservations are paid directly to our drivers; reason being it is the only way we can give you your official credit card receipt and also have a copy of it signed.

If you must prepay for someone else (or for whichever other reason) please call again. Best time is mid afternoon though (in the morning we tend to be extremely busy and you could get voicemail again)…

Regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

[QUOTE=quicksilver;1095924]Hi,

First of all we apologize for missing your call.

We actually prefer if the reservations are paid directly to our drivers; reason being it is the only way we can give you your official credit card receipt and also have a copy of it signed.

If you must prepay for someone else (or for whichever other reason) please call again. Best time is mid afternoon though (in the morning we tend to be extremely busy and you could get voicemail again)…

Regards,

Gregory Nicolas.[/QUOTE]

Hi there, you did actually call me back after I posted this but I was told basically what you said above, that you prefer we pay later. It just happens to be not convient for us, that’s all. I understand if that’s policy, just would have appreciated paying in advance.

It is not a policy, it is just more practical and safe for both of us. It will literally take 1 minute to write your card info and have it signed, I promise :wink: