Radio Disney in NJ

The company that I work for partners every year with Radio Disney to host summer concerts. I just received this info in an email today in work. I thought maybe some Jersey Folks with kids would be interested.

Morey’s Piers Free Summer Concert Series
Featuring Radio Disney Artists

May 5, 2009 - Morey’s Piers kicks off its free summer concert series at Mariner’s Landing Pier on Monday, June 29 when Jonnie and Brookie, two teenage sisters from Gilbert, Arizona, take the stage. They have just been named Radio Disney’s “Next Big Thing.”

The Morey’s Piers Summer Concert Series featuring Radio Disney artists will present two performances every Monday starting June 29 through August 31. After each 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. performance, the artists will mingle with the concertgoers.

“One of the best parts of Morey’s Piers Summer Concert Series is the opportunity for our guests to meet their favorite stars," says event coordinator, Merideth Fiorucci. "There’s a meet and greet following every concert, and everyone is invited to participate.”

The shows also highlight Morey’s “Magical Mondays” special, which offers guests discounted passes to the pier and waterpark. The Magical Mondays pier pass is $25 and the one-day combination pier and waterpark pass is $35. Magical Mondays pass holders can enjoy the Raging Waters Beachfront Waterpark between 9:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. and the amusement rides from 12:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. Also during these periods, guests are randomly selected to receive valuable free prizes.

Those who buy a Magical Monday pass online will receive a commemorative Morey’s Piers Summer Concert Series autograph book along with reserved VIP seating for the shows, upon redemption of a prepaid voucher at Guest Services. NOTE: Passes must be purchased online in order to receive an autograph book and reserved VIP seating.

“This marks the fourth year Morey’s Piers has partnered with Radio Disney to bring outstanding musical talent to the Wildwoods. But this year, as we celebrate our 40th anniversary, the concerts have taken on a larger role, becoming not just an occasional interlude, but a larger part of the whole Morey experience,” notes Norris Clark, Director of Sales and Marketing. “We credit the overwhelming popularity of our previous performances starring Raven Symone, the Cheetah Girls, Jesse McCartney, B5, Jordan Pruitt, Mitchell Musso and Drew Seeley.”

And it all begins on Monday, June 29 with the Allen sisters - Jonnie, 16, and Brookie, 14. The duo has been performing for over ten years. They’ve recorded six CD’s and have written three children’s books, donating a portion of the proceeds from the CD’s to charities around the world. The stop in the Wildwoods is part of the Kids CAN Make a Difference Tour. As their web site says: “Our purpose is to be good role models for our youth and to show them that it’s cool to help others, have good character and to make a difference. We perform at our own concerts, school assemblies, festivals, malls and churches. During our performance we share our message, hoping to be an inspiration to the youth of today.”

Join Jonnie and Brookie when they perform live at Morey’s at Mariner’s Landing Pier on Monday, June 29 at 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. A special meet and greet session will follow each performance.

Thanks for the link. My DD is having her Bday party at Moreys Pier in July.

Going to the waterparks? I work at Ocean Oasis for admissions & guest services.

She’s going to have a great time!