Radisson at the Port Review

Good Morning MBers:

As most of you know by now, I stink at posting trip reports. I see all kinds of things when we visit and promise myself that I will write a TR but I never do. :sad:

So, since I have internet access today, I am posting live from the Radisson Hotel at the Port. We leave on the Dream today.

Here is my feelings on this hotel since a few people have asked:

Positives:

Theming is nice. Not Disney nice but nice tropical theme.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Every person we have worked with here has been very nice.

Price is fair. We paid $231 for a night for a suite that sleeps 6. Not cheap but not too bad.

Negatives:

Rooms and resort needs much TLC. Broken furniture, chipped paint, overall dingy appearance in spots. This really turned me off quite a bit. I travel a great deal for work an stay at many Marriott hotels (not even high end ones) and this place does not compare.

No check out service. You have to come check your bill and check out like it was 1970. The lines are huge.

Free shuttle looks to be as poorly run as if my kids ran it. I know it is free but come on, hire somebody to run this!

Would I stay here again - maybe? There is a Residence Inn (Marriott) just two blocks away. It would be less themed but it would be very well run and neat and tidy. I think if I could get a re-do, I would stay there.

Off to the Dream! :mickey:

have a great time. and try to do a TR DH and i are talking about a cruise maybe next year…

Thanks for the report and have a great cruise!