Raglan Road vs. Rose & Crown

I’ve heard alot of favorable reviews about R&C lately - and some mediocre ones about Raglan Rd. DH and I want to try new restaurants this trip, and we’ve decided on all except one. So…it’s b/w these 2. Any thoughts???

We’re trying Raglan Road for the first time, in September. For what it’s worth, while I was making the ADR, the CM told me that it was his new favourite. I love the atmosphere of R & C - but the food…not so much.

We are DEFINITELY trying Raglan Road… we already have an ADR for early October… I’m dying to try it… I love Irish Pubs and food…and I think it will be fun! Any poor reviews are probably due to it just getting off the ground… it takes a while to get things up and running smoothly…

I’ve never eaten at R&C…but I’d like to…but RR is a must try for us this year…

I’d go for Rosencrown (and Guildenstern!). :laugh: Seriously, I know that one is good but don’t know much about Raglan Road – but I know RR is NOT run by Disney which is often a big red neon sign saying Run Away to Cubby and me.

David

I can tell you they’re both winners. We ate at Raglan Rd last December after I got one of those gift certificates where you paid $25 for a $50 gc. The food was delicious!!!. It wasn’t a cheap pub place though. It’s actually an upscale restaurant with prices to match the cuisine. (beware of the price of adult beverages: it’s higher than you’d expect!)

The R&C is average as far as prices go and I think the food is very good. I’ve never had anything I didn’t like there. The biggest draw is, however, the front row seat for Illuminations.

:laugh: :laugh: good one, David.

But Earl of Sandwich isn’t Disney-owned and it’s STUPENDOUS!

Hence the word often. :tongue:

David

I never considered that Raglan’s not Disney-owned - are you able to use the Dining Plan there???

This one is EASY — ROSE & CROWN!!

We couldn’t WAIT for Raglan Road to open (us being 200 percent Irish and all). But when we finally ate there, we were quite disappointed. Service was slow and the food was below average.

We have dined at Rose & Crown many times and have never been disappointed. While we may give Raglan Road another chance, if it came down to having to decide between the two, R&C gets this vote hands-down!!

This one is EASY — ROSE & CROWN!!

We couldn’t WAIT for Raglan Road to open (us being 200 percent Irish and all). But when we finally ate there, we were quite disappointed. Service was slow and the food was below average.

We have dined at Rose & Crown many times and have never been disappointed. While we may give Raglan Road another chance, if it came down to having to decide between the two, R&C gets this vote hands-down!!

We tried Raglan road last december and were totally disappointed with the food. We liked the atmosphere but the food was not up to good irish pub food.

We have never tried Rose & Crown before but we tried Raglan Road on our last trip and we really enjoyed it.

We like Rose & Crown but are trying Raglan Road in September. Yes, you can use the dining plan there. I know the Princess Jill and Baloo really enjoyed their recent dine there…I’m excited to try it out.

have you ever been to Rose and Crown before…if not, go there…the amibiance is what does it for me…
as for a RR we’re going there the first night of our honeymoon (if we make it on time!) so I’ll let ya know!

That must be a change, because my understanding when it first opened was that not only was it not on the dining plan, but you couldn’t use you room key charge for it either. If this has changed I’m glad to hear it because I’ve always wanted to give Raglan Road a try.

Actually we haven’t been to either yet, so that’s why it’s a hard choice! Can’t wait to hear your reviews!

I hve never been to RR, and as far as R/C well I can tell you that it was the best view of Illuminations I have ever had and the service was wonderful. I am not a fan of that type of food but tried it anyway.

Both are good for a beer and the food at RR is okay. Haven’t eaten at R & C so can’t comment on that.

Raglan Road has more in the way of entertainment.

Do both.