Raglan Road

Who can tell me about Raglan Road…Yea, Nay, worth a try?

Their original menu was a pass in my book.
Now that they’ve gone through several revisions, we ate there last October and enjoyed it.
I’d give it a thumb up.

Ditto. We enjoyed RR our last trip so much we scheduled it twice for our upcoming trip. I highly recommend the chowder if you enjoy seafood, it was fantastic.:happy:

another thumbs up from us. We’ve been twice and will gladly go back again. Food was great, service was great, ambiance was great. If I can just time my dinner to coincide with the entertainment, I’ll be totally besotted.

We love Raglan Road. They have a very nice bar as well. Don’t leave without trying the Bread and Butter Pudding!!!

Love seafood but not a fan of mushrooms. Seems to be quite a few items that carry them. May have to try it on this trip, sounds interesting. What time are children (9-14) frowned upon in PI? Seems like it was 7 or something at one time but I noticed they have a kiddie menu. Mine are no stranger to the scene since they’ll go with us to Bourbon & Beale St’s for dinner, but we ALWAYS have them out of there by 8 at the latest.

PI is no longer operational, so its not an issue! Perviously it was 9pm, but RR didn’t have a cutoff, as long as they are with adults.

Wow, I guess if you snooze you lose, literally. We haven’t been to PI in late pm since '98 because if kidde’s sleeping habits. They never would let us sleep in the next morning,lol. Oh well, restaurant sounds like it will be fun anyway and now no need for an early dinner.

A definte thumbs up! If you don’t want to wait, ask if you can eat at the bar–its a fun experience! And do NOT forget the bread and butter pudding!!

I’ve been pleased with all of my meals there. Go for it.

We make it a stop on every trip. DW loves the ‘beer flights’ that allow her to sample all of her favorites from our time in Europe. US beer is the worst once we were spoiled for 3 years of local pubs and their homemade brews.

Thumbs, fingers, toes, the whole lot, are all up.

We went twice on our last trip. First time was amazing, the food and service where fantastic but the second time, not so much. Our server seemed pretty miffed about something and the food portion seemed to have shrunk within about 6 days since last eating there and the chips tasted like last nights warm-ups. We ate earlier the second time so that might have had some effect but we were pretty disappointed second time around on the whole. Would definatly eat there again thought, in hope we’d get the firt time arounds service once more! And the DunBrody Kiss is AMAZING!

thanks for all the insight. will definitely have to try it. most of menu looks YUMMY!

My wife and I ate there with another couple. I had shepherds pie and they all had something different. Their dinner was great but I make better shepherds pie.
Joe

Raglan Road is on the dining plan right?

Went to Raglan Road last January. LOVED the food…must try the bangers and mash. However, the service really left something to be desired. We sat for quite a while before we we able to place our drink order. Once we placed our food order, our waiter brought one meal out, then another a few minutes later, than another even later, and so on, and so on. We ended up sort of eating in shifts. We asked for additional bread, and he seemed really annoyed.
We much prefer Rose and Crown over Raglan Road if you’re looking for British fare.

[QUOTE=diofthesouth;983080]Went to Raglan Road last January. LOVED the food…must try the bangers and mash. However, the service really left something to be desired. We sat for quite a while before we we able to place our drink order. Once we placed our food order, our waiter brought one meal out, then another a few minutes later, than another even later, and so on, and so on. We ended up sort of eating in shifts. We asked for additional bread, and he seemed really annoyed.
We much prefer Rose and Crown over Raglan Road if you’re looking for British fare.[/QUOTE]

We too found the service extremely slow. We ended up there for an early dinner and even though there was hardly anyone in the restaurant, we were still longing for more attention from our server.

But, food was great and I would probably do it again but try to eat later and catch some of the entertainment.

Oh, and as someone asked…it is part of the DP.

We always eat here on trips with my Dad because he loves the entertainment. Food is great too. I had delicious stew on our last trip. My Dad swears the Fish and Chips is some of the best he has ever had. The restaurant is beautiful inside. Definitely worth a stop!

[QUOTE=Mickey Mom;983086]We too found the service extremely slow. We ended up there for an early dinner and even though there was hardly anyone in the restaurant, we were still longing for more attention from our server.

But, food was great and I would probably do it again but try to eat later and catch some of the entertainment.

Oh, and as someone asked…it is part of the DP.[/QUOTE]

Now that you mention it, yes, I too felt the service, well our particular waitress, was spotty and only about 90% on. I said spotty, not lousy though. Far from the worst I’ve ever seen, but not the best either. Food was good.
And I’ll repeat, yes, Raglan Road is on the dining plan.

Yea. If someone in your party likes sampling different european beer or scotch have them order the sampling flights.