Rainforest Cafe @ AK

Sorry if this question has been answered a million times but I just can’t find the answer. Is the Rainforest Cafe at AK part of the DDP? I am thinking of booking a ressie there for our first day but want to make sure I won’t be paying OOP. I know there are better options but this is what I think will be best for us on this day. If it is on the plan, is it 1 TS? Thanks for the answer (hopefully)

Kim

Unfortunately it is not on the DDP. we were there in March for our anniversary and had to pay OOP. they ask you right when you check in ‘are you aware we are not part of the DDP’

WOW. Thanks for the quick info. Hmmm now I don’t know what to to. This will be our first day for parks and we will be super tired. Any suggestions for a nice quick meal that is a TS? We have hopper passes so we can go to any park.

The Rainforest Cafe is at the top of my “biggest disappointments” so far in life, Ok not a bad life I know but spend you hard earned dollars at a far better Disney World restaurant and skip the fluff with mediocre food in the humidity and corny surroundings!

Ok thanks for that advice. I just found a list on another site of every restaurant and if they offer TS or CS meals so I guess I have found my reading for later tonight. I have heard that RC is not that great but I am just looking for something that will get food into us at a reasonable pace so we can get home (POP) to bed early.

They are not part of the DDP, but are definately worth going to. Me and my DD go at least once a trip…it’s tradition.:heart:

Try Ohanas at the polly for dinner once AK closes. Madison and I are there on the 16th for her bday dinner. We were lucky and got right in for everywhere because we are a party of 2 so I’m pretty sure you will have the same luck.

I actually enjoy Rainforest Cafe, but it isn’t a quick in and out restaurant. You have to have someone in your party stand in line to get to the check-in podium, then you have to wait for your name to be called. It could take 30 minutes to an hour.

Yak n Yeti at AK stays open for dinner. We had very quick service when we went their for lunch last July. I am not sure how dinner compares.

[QUOTE=kimblebee;968861]Sorry if this question has been answered a million times but I just can’t find the answer. Is the Rainforest Cafe at AK part of the DDP? I am thinking of booking a ressie there for our first day but want to make sure I won’t be paying OOP. I know there are better options but this is what I think will be best for us on this day. If it is on the plan, is it 1 TS? Thanks for the answer (hopefully)

Kim[/QUOTE]

No it’s not but my family and I have eaten there before and we all loved it. We’re choosing to spend the money and go to the RFC on our trip in September. We’re using 2 of our DDP “points” on the California Grill so we’d have been short one point for one day anyway. Why not make the most of it. :mickey:

• Drea