Random Thoughts

OK - I have now completely figured out that I am not the trip report type (sorry, everyone). :eek:

We just returned from a short week’s vacation at our new vacation home (PM me if anyone is interested in a great home rental just 3.5 miles from Disney). I will offer these random thoughts from our experiences this trip:

The new Toy Story ride at HS is absolutely fantastic. Go there the second the park opens and get your fast passes!! It is stunning and great fun for all ages!!

Disney can be by far the most fun when the weather is poor. We went to the parks the day the tropical storm Fay hit. It was windy and wet but did not really pour until 6:30PM. The crowds were tiny and we enjoyed the park soooo much more. :laugh:

Disney never ceases to amaze me (part I). The day the storm hit all schools were closed and all of the news was doom and gloom. I call WDW at 7:45 just to confirm that the MK would be open at 9:00 as planned. I am told not only will all 4 parks be open but they will all open 1 hour early for all guests so that they can enjoy the day! Is this great or what?!:cool:

Disney never ceases to amaze me (part II). Day one of the trip, hour one my DW buys our 6 year old an autograph book. I knew what would happen and sure enough 4 hours later we can’t find it anywhere. We get home 6 days later and there it is in our mailbox. My DW had put my sons name and town in there (no street address). Disney figured it out (maybe because of our annual passes) and mailed it to use free of charge. are these guys mind readers!!:ohmy:

Disney is fun with just your small family but can be even more fun with a group of families. We had 14 in our pack this time and had a great time!!

If I think of any more random thoughts, I’ll add them later.

Have a Magical Day!

Great post!!! I am not the TR type either never get to finish when I start them.

Another Random Thought from my trip:

We had the pleasure (no pun intended) of going to the Adventurer’s Club. We had a wonderful time! The experience is just so disney. It is an absolute sin that Disney would close this place down. An absolute sin!:angry:

I love the autograph story- !!! That is just the thing that I needed to read to start my day!

That is SO sweet & magical about the autograph book. And HEY, I ended up being in the parks the day Fay hit also. I was in the MK & EPCOT in the evening (when it started raining hard at 6pm) :laugh: Too bad we didn’t know I would have stopped to say Hi somewhere. :smile:

Sounds like you had an awesome time!!!

Thanks for sharing your “random thoughts.” I too am always amazed by Disney. I can’t wait to get back!

[QUOTE=skwak;872707]Another Random Thought from my trip:

We had the pleasure (no pun intended) of going to the Adventurer’s Club. We had a wonderful time! The experience is just so disney. It is an absolute sin that Disney would close this place down. An absolute sin!:angry:[/QUOTE]

I love this place. I am so lucky that I get to make it there one last time before Disney takes it away from us. I really hope they re-open it somewhere else in WDW.

Lisa

So amazing!!! WDW is the best!! I am so glad you had a great time and congrats on getting your autograph book back. We lost ours and it was sent to our room, while we were in the park.

Thanks for posting your thoughts.

Thanks for sharing! I actually want to go to WDW during a tropical storm now. :laugh:

We were there too at AK when TS Fay hit.

We were still getting the effects of Fay while it lingered over Northern Florida. It was amazing.

[QUOTE=skwak;872702]
Disney never ceases to amaze me (part I). The day the storm hit all schools were closed and all of the news was doom and gloom. I call WDW at 7:45 just to confirm that the MK would be open at 9:00 as planned. I am told not only will all 4 parks be open but they will all open 1 hour early for all guests so that they can enjoy the day! Is this great or what?!:cool:![/QUOTE]

Now THAT is great customer service and definite Disney Magic. I love it!

And all of these reports have left me wishing for a tropical storm during which to visit WDW! :laugh:

We just got back today, and, like Stan, I am not a trip report type. So here are my random thoughts:
1- We stayed at BCV - what a great place. And, boy, what great management. We had a series of minor disappointments. DW convinced me to go to the front desk so that they could make sure other guests, who may not be as understanding, wouldn’t have this happen to them (our room wasn’t ready when promised, they didn’t refrigerate our milk while we waited, and we were light on shower gel). Next thing I know, we have a $150 credit on our room account, and a thank you for helping them improve their service.
2- I wish I knew about Michael Phelps. They didn’t publicize it at the parks or resorts, so we didn’t know until we got home today. Would have loved to see him
3-We didn’t do Adventurer’s Club but did do Comedy Warehouse and loved it so much we got back in line as soon as the show was over and saw a second show. They were hilarious, and we will miss them.
4-A question. Does anyone know why there is construction on the Fantasyland side of Cindy’s castle? We were curious about that.
5-Toy Story Mania is awesome. We did it 3 times. But get your fastpasses early because they’re gone by 11 a.m.
:heart::goofybounce::minnie:

Your random thoughts are very refreshing and fun!

[QUOTE=wdwjeff;875958]We just got back today, and, like Stan, I am not a trip report type. So here are my random thoughts:
1- We stayed at BCV - what a great place. And, boy, what great management. We had a series of minor disappointments. DW convinced me to go to the front desk so that they could make sure other guests, who may not be as understanding, wouldn’t have this happen to them (our room wasn’t ready when promised, they didn’t refrigerate our milk while we waited, and we were light on shower gel). Next thing I know, we have a $150 credit on our room account, and a thank you for helping them improve their service.
2- I wish I knew about Michael Phelps. They didn’t publicize it at the parks or resorts, so we didn’t know until we got home today. Would have loved to see him
3-We didn’t do Adventurer’s Club but did do Comedy Warehouse and loved it so much we got back in line as soon as the show was over and saw a second show. They were hilarious, and we will miss them.
4-A question. Does anyone know why there is construction on the Fantasyland side of Cindy’s castle? We were curious about that.
5-Toy Story Mania is awesome. We did it 3 times. But get your fastpasses early because they’re gone by 11 a.m.
:heart::goofybounce::minnie:[/QUOTE]

LOVING the random thoughts!! How about some RANDOM pics!! Fill up our Disney cravings!! :laugh::laugh:

The construction to the left of the castle is the bridge construction . . . Rowdy posted about it awhile back . . . damage was more then they thought, so it had to be removed and replaced rather then just repair. Years of the heavy floats going over it . . .

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;875968]LOVING the random thoughts!! How about some RANDOM pics!! Fill up our Disney cravings!! :laugh::laugh:

The construction to the left of the castle is the bridge construction . . . Rowdy posted about it awhile back . . . damage was more then they thought, so it had to be removed and replaced rather then just repair. Years of the heavy floats going over it . . .[/QUOTE]

I agree, I very much enjoyed wdwjeff’s random thoughts. It does appear that the repair is extensive. We peered around the construction and there is no bridge there at all right now!

Amazingly good news regarding the BCV customer service adjustment. Again, Disney just always amazes me!

[QUOTE=wdwjeff;875958]
:heart::goofybounce::minnie:[/QUOTE] Thanks for the tip! I wrote it down in my trip planning notebook :slight_smile:

I hope this works. As requested, here are some random pics.:heart::mickey:

The answer to question number 4 is believe it or not they were putting up Christmas lights.
We went on the Keys to the Kingdom tour and the guide told us.