Random

I’m thinking about flying down the night before we start our actual vacation and staying at Art of Animation by myself one night (my dh has to stop in pensacola to pick up his son and is driving in)

My questions are
1)would I be able to use ME for one night?
2)how would I get from AoA to WL with my luggage? Do I have to haul it??

Thanks!

[QUOTE=DisneyFan722;1109626]I’m thinking about flying down the night before we start our actual vacation and staying at Art of Animation by myself one night (my dh has to stop in pensacola to pick up his son and is driving in)

My questions are
1)would I be able to use ME for one night?
2)how would I get from AoA to WL with my luggage? Do I have to haul it??

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Anyone staying at aDisney resort property can use ME. Also, they will transfer your luggage to a different hotel for you…you just need to get the WL from AoA which you can do by the buses. When I stayed at Pop, the quickest way to get to another resort hotel was to go to DTD and get the resort bus from there.

Just to throw a thought out there…were you thinking the NIGHT before or the day before? I just wondering if you get there late what will happen with your luggage. I don’t have the answer, but I thought I heard if you get in too late, your luggage is held to the next morning. But if you’re leaving the next morning, will there be a “is this luggage coming or going” issue. I think I would let my DH deal with the luggage and I would just use a carry on (like backpack size) for that night, that way you could just take it on the bus when you head over to the next resort.

Yes, you can use ME. If your flight arrives after 9 pm you will have to pick up your own luggage before going to the ME counter or it won’t be brought to AoA until the following morning. When you’re ready to check out of AoA you can call bell services and they will pick up your luggage and have it moved to WL.

To get to WL I would take a bus to MK then hop on the boat to WL.

Thanks guys. All the flights I looked at got me in pretty late and it s a significant price difference. Just going to stick with the normal plan. Maybe take a short bus ride over there to “lobby hop”

…I’ve been thinking about the same idea…getting in late the night before and going to AoA…since the flight is cheaper…but I think I have decided that the difference in flight cost just isn’t worth it for us to get into MCO after midnight, having to retrieve our luggage and then getting to bed well after 1am…then moving the next day…

If the flights drop for some reason then I might consider it again…but that’s just me…

Is this possible? Arrive at Resort A late with a carry on then plan to switch to Resort B the next morning, but with it being so late in the eve have ME send luggage directly to Resort B and held until checkin.
I know you said you were going with your original plan, but i’ve noticed some planning for an add-on night before so does anyone know if this would work?

btw I would also go to MK and take a WL bus or boat from there.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1109660]Is this possible? Arrive at Resort A late with a carry on then plan to switch to Resort B the next morning, but with it being so late in the eve have ME send luggage directly to Resort B and held until checkin.
I know you said you were going with your original plan, but i’ve noticed some planning for an add-on night before so does anyone know if this would work?

btw I would also go to MK and take a WL bus or boat from there.[/QUOTE]

…I definitely would call the direct ME number (don’t have it handy but it’s on the website) and ask them if they can put it in the computer where your luggage should be delivered. All the luggage going with ME is computerized by that tag so I don’t see why they couldn’t…I think this would be a great idea…

Ah Resort hopping, the sport of kings and queens alike. :simba: For me a trip to WDW is not complete unless I hit the Monorail loop, Wilderness Lodge, and the EPCOT resorts. Back when I was building homes, you would be surprised at how many ideas I stole from those resorts! :cool:

-Harry

Id cut the extra cost / hassle and just have a resort hop one day, explore it more awake and refreshed!