Ranger Stan at WL

Howdy folks,

Anyone been to WL recently and seen Ranger Stan, the kindly elder CM that gives tours around the resort? When Vanna and took the tour back in January he mentioned that he was probably going to hang up his ranger gear this year. He said he is in his early 80’s and is ready to take it easy now.

I have not met Art from BC but I would think he is the same mold as Stan so when I saw the post that Art is retiring I thought I would check on Stan

We haven’t talked to Stan in a couple of years. He’s such a nice guy and truly loves the lodge.

We saw Stan on our March 2009 trip. He also told us that he was thinking about retirement this year… but he told us the same thing two years ago… and the same thing three years ago. :mickey:

We’ll be sad and happy at the same time when it actually happens.

Bruce

I do not know. I have had the pleasure of visiting with Ranger Stan a few times including 2008. He is a prince of person! When he retires, I will cry.

Howdy folks, just got back from a mini-trip to the Lodge. Stan’s last day is 10/31 (next Saturday)… :crying:

I’m bummed… we literally missed him by minutes on Saturday. As of November, Walt Disney World will be less Disney-ish. I hope he enjoys retirement; no one deserves that more than him.

Bruce

I am soooooo bummed about this. We actually land on Saturday night so I just miss saying goodbye!!!:crying:

[QUOTE=brumcg;1001160]Howdy folks, just got back from a mini-trip to the Lodge. Stan’s last day is 10/31 (next Saturday)… :crying:

I’m bummed… we literally missed him by minutes on Saturday. As of November, Walt Disney World will be less Disney-ish. I hope he enjoys retirement; no one deserves that more than him.

Bruce[/QUOTE]

I’m happy for Stan but WL isn’t going to be the same w/o him. Both Art and Stan are going to be missed.

Are there any CM’s left at the resorts that are like Stan and Art?