Rapunzel

Is it possible to meet Rapunzel yet ? If so, where can we find her ?

I didn’t know Rapunzel was a character at WDW? Is there a Disney film Rapunzel?

Tangled, Disney’s Rapunzel movie hits theaters on November 24 ! I think I read somewhere they were going to add her in MK but I don’t remember when she is supposed to start appearing and what is her MK spot exactly…

OHHHH I JUST FOUND THE THREAD ! SORRY FOR CREATING A NEW ONE :crying:

The link … http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/wdw-theme-parks/55473-rapunzel-flynn-replacing-storytime-belle-mk.html

From the OFFICIAL DISNEY BLOG : A new character experience — a “play and greet” with characters Rapunzel and Flynn Ryder at the park’s Fairytale Garden. Beginning Friday, October 15, you’ll be able to interact with both of the stars from the upcoming Disney film “Tangled.”

YAY !!! I’m curioux to see what Flynn will look like …

I think the movie looks amazing and very funny !

IMDb Video: Tangled: Trailer #2

I know I am looking forward to it. I love what they have her do with her hair.

[QUOTE=Neverland;1052517]From the OFFICIAL DISNEY BLOG : A new character experience — a “play and greet” with characters Rapunzel and Flynn Ryder at the park’s Fairytale Garden. Beginning Friday, October 15, you’ll be able to interact with both of the stars from the upcoming Disney film “Tangled.”

YAY !!! I’m curioux to see what Flynn will look like …[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the play & greet opening has been delayed to October 25.

Character Meet and Greets at the Magic Kingdom news - ‘Rapunzel and Flynn Ryder’ play and greet experience opening delayed

Thank you Princess Jill ! It’s alright for me anyway i’m only going in January hehe :donald:

The meet and greet has been delayed. When Flynn and Rapunzel start doing meet and greets, they will meet at Fairytale Gardens, where Storytime w/ Belle used to be.

Hi guys! I work with Disney and saw you were interested in Tangled, and our “Meet and Greet” of Rapunzel and Flynn. They’re now greeting visitors at Disneyland and Disney World - take a look at these great photos :slight_smile:

Are you guys planning on seeing the movie in November too? I have plenty of fun clips and news from the film for you, so I’d be happy to share those too!

As was already mentioned, “Tangled”, Disney’s version of Rapunzel, is the new digitally animated film coming from, well, Disney.

From what I’ve read (can’t remember where), Disney’s marketing department had a heck of a time trying to attract young boys to “The Princess and the Frog” because, according to the article, little boys were turned off by the word “Princess” and therefore were not interested in seeing the movie.

So in order to avoid a similar marketing problem, i.e. having a female/feminine name in the movie title, Disney opted to change the name to “Tangled” in lieu of “Rapunzel”. If you’ve noticed, they also feature quite a bit of the male lead character in the trailer, all with the hopes that it will attract the “little boy” demographic (and their parents as well) this time around…

So in order to avoid a similar marketing problem, i.e. having a “female”/feminine name in the movie title, Disney opted to change the name to “Tangled” in lieu of “Rapunzel”.

Actually, the title was changed to aptly reflects the story - it’s not really a straight up re-telling of the Rapunzel fairy tale, it’s an more updated version, with more action and adventure. Here’s a video of the directors and the cast talking about the story:

A Hair-Raising Adventure

[QUOTE=papa bear;1053983]As was already mentioned, “Tangled”, Disney’s version of Rapunzel, is the new digitally animated film coming from, well, Disney.

From what I’ve read (can’t remember where), Disney’s marketing department had a heck of a time trying to attract young boys to “The Princess and the Frog” because, according to the article, little boys were turned off by the word “Princess” and therefore were not interested in seeing the movie.

So in order to avoid a similar marketing problem, i.e. having a female/feminine name in the movie title, Disney opted to change the name to “Tangled” in lieu of “Rapunzel”. If you’ve noticed, they also feature quite a bit of the male lead character in the trailer, all with the hopes that it will attract the “little boy” demographic (and their parents as well) this time around…[/QUOTE]

OK, IMHO if they want to market to little boys, then they should make more movies for little boys. I love all the princesses and Tangled look hilarious, but with a major remodel coming aimed directly at girls and such a push towards all things princess, I think little boys and older kids are left feeling a bit disappointed. There are so may way they could include more for boys.

Sorry for the thread jack, I am looking forward to this movie and meet the characters. I think we will be heading down for 4 or 5 day in Nov., so I look forward to meeting them. From the pics I have seen, the set look really cute.

Thanks for the insight and the feedback! Disney movies really should appeal to everyone - not just one gender - regardless of whether princesses or princes are involved. It’s about the story (and the music) right? :slight_smile:

If you do get to meet Rapunzel and Flynn this November, let me know what you and your kids think!

I know my DS liked Princess and the Frog. He is only 4 but still enjoys it. The new expansion in Fantasy land will have things for boys as far as I have heard. With the aspect of princes in every princess film they can always add a boy thing to do. They just have to remember that it needs to be a little more high energy. Tangled looks like it will be very fun for both sides…at least for the action part.
As for targeting girls not to many cartoons that have been coming out really targeted girls according to a study that I was seeing. Toy Story, Cars, Bugs Life, Ratatouille and most of what have been out though they work for both are more of a boys look and feel to a movie. Don’t get me wrong my girls will watch the more boy themed movies too.

Taken from the Disney Blog:

Starting today, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider from the upcoming Disney movie, “Tangled,” will greet guests in Fantasyland at Disneyland park. We shared a first look at concept art back in August, but it’s so much better to see the real thing.

Beginning October 24, both characters also will appear at Fairytale Garden in the Magic Kingdom in Orlando.
You can also see Rapunzel and Flynn Rider on the big screen when “Tangled” debuts in theaters this Thanksgiving.

Click Here for more pictures

Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi paid a visit to Disneyland to meet their counterparts!

Click here to see pics and an interview of their visit.