Re. Dopey's next Disney trip…

It’s been quiet around here, so I thought I’d start a thread telling you about Dopey’s next adventure to WDW.

I was surprised by Mike who suggested that we should go in January for our birthdays. I ask you - who am I to say ‘no’?-Nobody would turn that down and I am no nobody :laugh:
So I thought I’d try to get a studio, renting points through David’s. That didn’t work out. For the time that I chose, there was nothing under
$ 3-4000 available :eek: No studios! :ohmy:

NO WAY JOSE’!

Back to POR, because there were no rooms available at the other mods and I certainly would not want to stay at POFQ again. I know, I am not only not a nobody, I am also an oddity :blush:

So now the thing that I always wanted to do and at the same time dreaded - I booked with Disney online. This would get me the number I need to keep checking my reservation night and day, whenever I feel like it. You know, that coveted RESERVATION number, yay!
It also gave me the freedom to miss something big which I promptly did. I did not get the free food, because the online reservation system is basically stupid and doesn’t include ‘free’ anything.
I now need to call and talk to a person, except that is rather difficult these days since, what I call, a droit answers the phone and that droit does not understand too many things. I have tried twice to get this done.
Third time is a charm. I’ll just lie to it and see where I get with that request for a new reservation, heehee. Will I go to hell for lying to a machine?

to be continued

You know you should try Universal Studio :laugh:

It’s fun to read your plans!! Hope you get your reseration fixed up, and get the free dining!

I’m sorry you’re having such a problem. :sad:
But, I will tell you that your post gave me a good giggle! lol… Thanks!

Ugh! Those automated answering services drive me nuts. I think it’s okay to lie to it to get a live person in the phone.

Definelty just lie to the machine it is the only way you will get a real person. It is a machine so it doesn’t count. We rented from David’s for Thanksgiving week, such an easy process.

I definitely wonder why I am giving it all of this information, only to be asked the same questions with a live person. I would love to complete surveys on hold, though… Like- what do you think about the food at a certain park, or entertainment, rides, etc…

That would be a great way for them to get a captive audience. I would not mind answering some of those questions (if it was short-5 questions at a time…) they could ask a million subjects.

Your post made me laugh, Dopey. Lie away and get to a real person, then let us know how it goes!

No you wont go to H**L Iris and if you do, you’ll be in good company with me as I have lied before to speak to a real live human being-its the only way sometimes- I kind of make out that I “got through to that option by mistake, but hey now I’m here maybe you can help??” drastic times call for drastic measures and free food option is fairly drastic (in our family anyway!) Good luck!

Ugh!!! I find the automated system sooooooo annoying. I answer all their questions, then it asks me to say and spell my name. My last name is only 5 letters long. I say it, then slowly spell it and the stupid computer repeats back a totally different name!! Over and over I try, it’s really frustrating, especially when it’s a long distance call.

To avoid this I booked online. I got free dining too. The way I did it was on the main page, there was an area to click on to find out any current travel specials. I clicked on that, then more info, then “book this special” (or something like that) and it brought me to the booking area and had the promo on it.

I did all my dining online too. This was no problem until last week when I went to “check on” my ressies and half of them were missing! So…I had to call and was told it was a glitch in the system, but they were all there. :happy:

So I agree- there phone system is a big ole hassel!!!

Go for it Iris. That’s what they get for having such a stupid system.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: who said I wouldn’t :ph34r:

heehee, when I said my name Jones, I spelled it “S-m-i-t-h” :laugh:

Good luck with your plans, I hope it works out for you. I would never use the Disney site to book since your right there isn’t any updates on free anything on there. It’s just a straight Room, Tickets, Transportation, Air…etc and boom that’s it. Keep us updated.

For promotions (ex: free dining, 25% off resorts, Gift card with booking) when you go online @ Walt Disney World Resort go to the bottom of the page on click on the [COLOR=“SeaGreen”]green special offers box[/COLOR]…from there you can book the promotion offers.

Yes, of course, except that it’s too late for that. I have to speak to a CM :pinch:

Chapter 2:

I got a really nice person, Joy, on the phone today. Indeed she spread joy in my life by amending my reservation by splitting it and giving me the free dining plan for the last 6 nights of our trip.
So, since with the deluxe plan, which I upgraded to, we would definitely have a few unused meals which means that I booked the regular dining plan for the first 3 nights when it’s not free.
Putting all those dining points together, we should come out pretty even.

How do you like them apples? I saved $ 800.00

Great news!!! Have fun planning all your ADR’s!!! Can’t wait to hear all the plans.

See… they are fabulous! As we knew that Disney had the best customer service… Now- where are you going to eat for all of those wonderful meals?

[QUOTE=Dopey;1055461]Chapter 2:

I got a really nice person, Joy, on the phone today. Indeed she spread joy in my life by amending my reservation by splitting it and giving me the free dining plan for the last 6 nights of our trip.
So, since with the deluxe plan, which I upgraded to, we would definitely have a few unused meals which means that I booked the regular dining plan for the first 3 nights when it’s not free.
Putting all those dining points together, we should come out pretty even.

How do you like them apples? I saved $ 800.00[/QUOTE]

Awesome… have fun…