Really, a steak at a CS?

Since our trip is a few days away, I was looking at menus on Allearsnet. At Liberty Inn (at epcot) they have a steak on the menu???

Liberty Inn - American Adventure - World Showcase - Epcot

6 oz New York Strip Steak - with red wine butter, roasted potatoes, and steamed broccoli $10.69

And does one cut this steak with a plastic knife??? It just seems so out of place.

And what about this sandwich…1/3 Angus Smokehouse Burger - served with BBQ pulled pork, fried onion rings and American cheese with grapes or french fries $9.99…is it a hamburger with pulled pork on top???

To say nothing of serving it on a paper plate! For heaven’s sake don’t let Dopey know - she’ll be hyperventilating into a paper bag.

I’ve always thought the Liberty Inn was such a waste of a gorgeous space - why couldn’t they put a nice sit-down in there serving regional American foods - I would think it would be super-popular. I’ve only been in there once or twice and it’s sort of depressing that that beautiful building is going to waste with a counterservice (and not a very good counterservice, at that).

[QUOTE=llama;1125673]To say nothing of serving it on a paper plate! For heaven’s sake don’t let Dopey know - she’ll be hyperventilating into a paper bag.

I’ve always thought the Liberty Inn was such a waste of a gorgeous space - why couldn’t they put a nice sit-down in there serving regional American foods - I would think it would be super-popular. I’ve only been in there once or twice and it’s sort of depressing that that beautiful building is going to waste with a counterservice (and not a very good counterservice, at that).[/QUOTE]

My opinion has always been “burger joint” and not much more.
A six ounce NY strip for under $11?
I think this warrants investigation.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1125670]
And what about this sandwich…1/3 Angus Smokehouse Burger - served with BBQ pulled pork, fried onion rings and American cheese with grapes or french fries $9.99…is it a hamburger with pulled pork on top???[/QUOTE]

This sounds familiar, but from where, I can’t say.
Too bad the standard Disney burger is still a large hockey puck.
Maybe if they could flame them or grill them instead of griddling them, or try not to prepare them too far in advance.

[QUOTE=llama;1125673]To say nothing of serving it on a paper plate! For heaven’s sake don’t let Dopey know - she’ll be hyperventilating into a paper bag.

I’ve always thought the Liberty Inn was such a waste of a gorgeous space - why couldn’t they put a nice sit-down in there serving regional American foods - I would think it would be super-popular. I’ve only been in there once or twice and it’s sort of depressing that that beautiful building is going to waste with a counterservice (and not a very good counterservice, at that).[/QUOTE]

Dopey probably wouldn’t even use a PAPER bag for hyperventilation. She rather pass out than use paper. :laugh::laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: You’re probably right.

They serve it with Beer ??? Please tell me they serve it with Beer … wHOOOOOOO ( I know you can get a beer there … just being silly !!! )

I saw this :eek: :ohmy:and had to chime in. Paper plates, steak with plastic utensils, grrrrrrrr

Isn’t the Liberty Inn a Mickey D’s?

Jo-jo, your job is to scope it out for us and let us know what the heck is going on at the place. :pirate:

reusable designer paper could be acceptable:cool:

Beer makes you silly.:huh::pinch:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1125681]

Jo-jo, your job is to scope it out for us and let us know what the heck is going on at the place. :pirate:[/QUOTE]

I will do my best to carry out the mission.

That is interesting and as a steakaholic, I intend to investigate myself…you know for a second opinion:blush: I will eat steak with my hands if the plastic fork snaps in half like a twig…:laugh: To be honest, I don’t have high expectations for fast food steak…:blow:

Do you think security will understand when I try to bring a steak knife into the park with me??? What if I tell them it’s for research???

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1125675]
This sounds familiar, but from where, I can’t say.[/QUOTE]

Hardee’s/Carl’s Je has one that is very similar if not an exact copy.

[/QUOTE]

If you don’t tell, we won’t! :laugh:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1125681]I saw this :eek: :ohmy:and had to chime in. Paper plates, steak with plastic utensils, grrrrrrrr
[/QUOTE]

Oops, too late! :laugh:

You could always run over to PoC and buy a sword if necessary…

:laugh::laugh::laugh: good thinking :pirate:

Fast food steak: Golden Corral, Sizzler, Western Sizzlin’. etc.:pinch:

I agree. They could make it such a great location for classic american fare in a nice setting versus what it is now - a misperception to international visitors that what is served there is all americans eat. Isn’t it enough that most international visitors already believe that our great contribution to the world of food is McD’s!!

We hadn’t been in Liberty Inn for eons but ducked in there last trip to get out of the rain…I looked at the menu and was surprised that it hadn’t changed much…it is a shame that it isn’t a nice sit down restaurant with a variety of dishes common to different parts of the US…the hot dogs and hamburgers could just be sold from a kiosk out front!