Reason for Price Difference?

Does anyone know why there is a price difference between the 4 Value Resorts? I was doing a test booking online via the HUB to get a general price quote for a value resort rate for CMs (its averaging around 41.00 a night for the time I want to go) but All Star Movies (the one Id like to stay at) was a little more money per night than All Star Sports was, etc…Any idea why that is? I know a value resort for some guests is nothing to be all hyped up About…but hey, it fits my price range and I think their great, so they work perfectly for me. :happy:

And hopefully Im not too too annoying with all my ridiculous questions! :tongue:

First, if the values work for you, you think they are great as many MB’rs do and fit your price range they ARE perfect.
As to price difference I can only theorize that as more rooms are booked in a certain location prices might change. You will see this with many hotel chains and the airlines. Then just before the date arrives prices will drop to fill space or seats. Again this is just a thought.

I’m guessing the price difference wasn’t substansial, right?

There is a different tax rate for some of the values, they are in a different county.

[QUOTE=LAURENGOLD;956873]I’m guessing the price difference wasn’t substansial, right?
There is a different tax rate for some of the values, they are in a different county.[/QUOTE] No, it was only like an 8 dollar difference per night :tongue:, but hey, thats 48 bucks that can be used for food or merchandise!

Different Counties? How many counties is WDW split into?

it may be that only certain views at certain value resorts were available.

Oh, and value resorts are great - great for the budget! I would rather go and stay at a value than not go at all!

[QUOTE=Jen in Maine;956876]

Oh, and value resorts are great - great for the budget! I would rather go and stay at a value than not go at all![/QUOTE]
So true! Ive only stayed at Pop Century and would really love to Stay at All Star Movies when I go, it looks like my kind of themed hotel (it reminds me of the Store, haha)

I think there a tax difference between the value resorts because one of them is in a different county.

[QUOTE=anaheimboy;956875]

Different Counties? How many counties is WDW split into?

2, Orange County to the North and Oceola(sp) to the South.
I believe all the MK, Epcot, and DTD Resorts are considered North.
All the other Resorts are to the South.
I think Oceola County tax is 0.5% higher.

Orange county’s tax on hotel rooms is higher which would account for the price difference. I ran into this when I stayed at CB in Dec 06 as the tax increase happened at that time.

[QUOTE=anaheimboy;956875]
Different Counties? How many counties is WDW split into?[/QUOTE]

Two, Orange and Osceola. The southern end of WDW which is Kissimmee, is Osceola County.

Thanks for all of the great and helpful info everyone! :smile:

was one a preferred room and one a standard room?

And I’ve stayed at AS Sports once and POP twice and I wouldn’t have a problem staying at a value again. I’d rather spend my $$ in the park, we’re only in the room to sleep/shower.

[QUOTE=sue299;957040]was one a preferred room and one a standard room?

And I’ve stayed at AS Sports once and POP twice and I wouldn’t have a problem staying at a value again. I’d rather spend my $$ in the park, we’re only in the room to sleep/shower.[/QUOTE]

It was just a Standard room I believe…no use in getting a Preferred Room, It will just be myself and I use the room for mainly sleep/relaxing, nothing more than that :smile:, and like you said, I too would rather spend the extra money in the Parks.

If you’re staying in a WDW hotel for under $50 a night, what do you care?

Considering that you’d pay as much for a motel on the street instead of a Disney hotel on property and have transportation 3 times an hour as opposed to a very limited number of shuttles at limited times during the day, you’re actually ahead of the game, even if you drive to the parks because that $12 per day parking charge doesn’t apply to Disney hotel guests.