Received a pin code!

We received a pin code for the exact dates we are going in June. However, it appears to be room only. I need a package so does this mean I can’t use the code?

Congratulations! I was able to turn room only pin code into a package. CM should be able to do that without a problem. Where are you staying?

If you do the room only, you are still eligible for Magical Express, and then just purchase your tickets at Undercover Tourist. They are totally legit, and is usually at a small discount, and don’t charge tax, so much cheaper. I’ve used them many times. After checking in, you can go to Guest Services, and they will add your tickets on to your room key card.

We are leaning toward WL with the pin code for now. Nothing booked yet so we shall see.

I’m pretty sure they have to charge tax, but it’s not listed separately. But you are right, they are cheaper and we’ve used them a few times too.

What was the discount with your pin?

30 % off room rates, very similar to the spring offer on the website but included all of June. The only 2 deluxe resorts listed however were WL and AKL standard views only.

Wow, not bad! This is exactly what we would want. Okay, tomorrow morning I have to call Disney and see if I have a pin.

I received a pin code in the mail for December…and I have no idea why!!! I haven’t been planning a trip…I was just there in August…Can’t go back for a couple of years…

The strange thing is that it says moderate resorts are $174…but the regular price during that time $179…not much of a discount…at least I don’t think so.

Weird…:confused:

[QUOTE=smallworld;1123444]I received a pin code in the mail for December…and I have no idea why!!! I haven’t been planning a trip…I was just there in August…Can’t go back for a couple of years…

The strange thing is that it says moderate resorts are $174…but the regular price during that time $179…not much of a discount…at least I don’t think so.

Weird…:confused:[/QUOTE]

I know the exact PIN you are speaking of. It’s more lucrative than you think.

…wonder why/ I was chosen to receive it Dana??? I sure wish somebody could use it…if it turns out to be a good deal I hate that it’s going to waste! I just priced POFQ after I received it…didn’t look at anything else…:phone:

See it all depends on the resort. POFQ has pooh for discounts…it’s an interesting formula they use to figure how many rooms per resort get the discount and what the percentage is. I use to always send people directly to POFQ, but won’t now because I end up moving them to save them as much as possible.

ahhhh I understand. POFQ has become so popular that they don’t need to discount it…makes sense business wise…I can’t blame them…

We only go every few years so I am willing to “pay” to stay since it’s our favorite…but if you are flexible and willing to stay elsewhere, discounts can really help.

Boy–I remember way back when—everyone I knew stayed at CBR, and hadn’t even heard of Dixie Landings or PO…or when I explained it, decided the decor didn’t appeal to them. Guess THAT has certainly changed…

[QUOTE=smallworld;1123462]ahhhh I understand. POFQ has become so popular that they don’t need to discount it…makes sense business wise…I can’t blame them…

We only go every few years so I am willing to “pay” to stay since it’s our favorite…but if you are flexible and willing to stay elsewhere, discounts can really help.

Boy–I remember way back when—everyone I knew stayed at CBR, and hadn’t even heard of Dixie Landings or PO…or when I explained it, decided the decor didn’t appeal to them. Guess THAT has certainly changed…[/QUOTE]

They have the least amount of rooms and get the same percentage to give up for discounts. The manager at each resort has the ability to give up as many rooms as needed based off of projected occupancy. It’s actually really interesting to tell you the truth. Common sense says don’t sell low what you can get full price for, so it makes so sense whatsoever to discount POFQ. I have stayed there without discount simply because it’s where I wanted to stay. The other moderates really don’t appeal to me at all. I may go to a Royal room at Riverside just simply because they are close to the main area.

…we haven’t stayed at CBR but we have stayed at CSR twice—because there were no rooms available at either PO…PO is our favorite so we too stay without discount. It’s close in and has everything that I personally need in a Disney resort. The time we stayed at Riverside (DL) my DD was 5 and barely made the walk to her room at night.

I didn’t realize the management of individual resorts could set prices/discounts . I bet it is indeed interesting, and I bet you see alot of these types of things with what you do!