Recipes from the World!

Iam a frequent visitor of allears.net but I had NO Idea they had a recipe page!!! I did a google search for the Breakfast Potato Casserole that DD LOVES :heart:! And I found a link to allears!!!
Iam soo Thrilled!!! :cool::happy:

I just printed the potato casserole recipe
the rigatoni w/sausage from Spoodles
and now I see that have the Strawberry Soup too! :happy:

YUM YUM YUM!!!

Life is grand!!!
Think I will make some fav meals this weekend!!! :happy:

here’s the link: Disney Recipes

Sounds delicious! Now if only the recipes came with pics… :happy:

I found this and tried to make the Cheddar Cheese Soup once and it totally did not work out so well! :laugh:

Thanks for the link!! Can’t wait to make the potato casserole!! YUMMO!!!

I tried the Cheddar cheese soup and that came out pretty good, but the Scalloped Potatoes from Ohana…not so much!

try it again, you never know! :happy:

I love that section on Allears. I make the salmon from the Crystal Palace all the time!! :slight_smile: I have to find the potato casserole though, I don’t think I have ever had it.

Does it look different to you than it used too? I made it about two years ago and I swear I had to use my dutch oven?! Maybe they made it more user friendly?

Iam using the recipe from Epcot, Restaurant Akershus because it’s DD’s favorite!
Now other restaurants have it, but the ingredients are different? :confused:
It has shredded potatoes as well as reg. potatoes diced, plus Jarlsberg cheese and sour cream and bechamel sauce!

Does anyone know what bechamel sauce is and where do I find it in the grocery store???

Bechamel sauce is a white sauce here, sometimes called a ‘Roux’??? it is very easy to make too.
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 1/4 cups milk, heated
Salt
Freshly ground pepper

Preparation-Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until the paste cooks and bubbles a bit, but don’t let it brown — about 2 minutes. Add the hot milk, continuing to stir as the sauce thickens. Bring it to a boil. Add salt and pepper to taste, lower the heat, and cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from the heat. To cool this sauce for later use, cover it with wax paper or pour a film of milk over it to prevent a skin from forming.

This is another Bechamel sauce that is a bit fancier!

Ingredients
15fl oz/425ml milk
a few parsley stalks
1 bay leaf
1 blade of mace or a pinch of powdered mace (optional)
10 whole black peppercorns
1 slice onion, 1/4 inch (5 mm) thick
1½oz/40g butter
¾oz/20g plain flour
salt and freshly milled black pepper

Method
First place the milk in a small saucepan and add the parsley stalks, bay leaf, mace (if using), peppercorns and onion. Then place it over a low heat and let it come very slowly up to simmering point, which will take approximately 5 minutes. Then remove the saucepan from the heat and strain the milk into a jug, discarding the flavourings.

All this can be done ahead of time, but when you want to make the sauce, use the same washed pan and place it over a gentle heat. Begin by melting the butter gently - don’t over-heat it or let it brown, as this will affect the colour and flavour of the sauce. As soon as the butter melts, add the flour and, over a medium heat and using a small pointed wooden spoon, stir quite vigorously to make a smooth, glossy paste. Now begin adding the infused milk a little at a time - about 1fl oz/25ml first of all ? and stir again vigorously. Then, when this milk is incorporated, add the next amount and continue incorporating each bit of liquid before you add the next. When about half the milk is in, switch to a balloon whisk and start adding large amounts of milk, but always whisking briskly. Your reward will be a smooth, glossy, creamy sauce.

Now turn the heat down to its lowest setting and let the sauce cook for 5 minutes, whisking from time to time. While that’s happening, taste and season with salt and freshly milled black pepper. If you wish to keep the sauce warm, all you do is pour it into a warmed jug and cover the surface with clingfilm to stop a skin from forming, then place the jug in a pan of barely simmering water

[QUOTE=dixie;905438]Bechamel sauce is a white sauce here, sometimes called a ‘Roux’??? it is very easy to make too.
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 1/4 cups milk, heated
Salt
Freshly ground pepper

Preparation-Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until the paste cooks and bubbles a bit, but don’t let it brown — about 2 minutes. Add the hot milk, continuing to stir as the sauce thickens. Bring it to a boil. Add salt and pepper to taste, lower the heat, and cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from the heat. To cool this sauce for later use, cover it with wax paper or pour a film of milk over it to prevent a skin from forming.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Dixie!!! :happy:
I was thinking it was a white sauce but wasn’t sure!
And I will take the more simpler version! :happy:

The fancier version looks too complicated…
A blade of Mace??? Yikes!!! lol, sounds dangerous! lol

Thanks for the link. I can’t wait to try some receipes.

That’s good to know i love allears but i didn’t know that.

[QUOTE=Val32;905648]Thank you Dixie!!! :happy:
I was thinking it was a white sauce but wasn’t sure!
And I will take the more simpler version! :happy:

The fancier version looks too complicated…
A blade of Mace??? Yikes!!! lol, sounds dangerous! lol[/QUOTE]

You’re so welcome- and even I dont know what a blade of mace is- sounds dangerous and violent:noo:

YAY! No more figuring it out on my own! hahah :blush: