Recipes

Dear all,
Do any of you guys have any recipes for a wonderously gorgeous cookie that I can i bake? I need to make some cookies for a party and I figured every time I come over to the States, I fall in love with the cookies I eat when I am there and the different varieties. So any great ones you can share with me would be really appreciated :happy:

[QUOTE=ARIEL;1123672]Dear all,
Do any of you guys have any recipes for a wonderously gorgeous cookie that I can i bake? I need to make some cookies for a party and I figured every time I come over to the States, I fall in love with the cookies I eat when I am there and the different varieties. So any great ones you can share with me would be really appreciated :happy:[/QUOTE]

Do you want Christmas cookies Polly? …or just any cookie recipe?

I make Haystacks. They are super easy and yummy. All you need are the crispy Chinese noodles and the chocolate if your choice. Melt the chocolate and then dump the noodles in. When you take out a spoonful, they look like haystacks. Just refrigerate until they are set! You can also add coconut or butterscotch. They are soooo good!

Personally, I’d take a nice piece of shortbread over most cookies.:happy:

Here’s a very old recipe that’s been in our family for ages. We just call it “Aunty Win’s Sugar Cookies”. They are really addictive. It makes a huge batch, so it’s particularly good for giving as gifts at Christmas.

1 cup white sugar
1 cup margarine (or butter)
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
1 egg
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tarter
3 1/2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
1 cup corn oil
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup rice krispies

Blend sugars, marg, oil and egg. Beat well. Sift dry ingredients. Stir into oil mixture. Add nuts, coconut, oatmeal and rice krispies. Form into balls about the size of a walnut. Press down on greased sheets with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake 10 - 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

Sorry - I don’t know how to translate the measurements into “English”.

Everyone who tastes these RAVES about them!

Raspberry and Almond Shortbread Thumbprints Recipe - Allrecipes.com

(I think you need to make more glaze than the recipe calls for. There wasn’t enough for me. I :wub: these cookies!

[QUOTE=Andrea;1123679]Everyone who tastes these RAVES about them!

Raspberry and Almond Shortbread Thumbprints Recipe - Allrecipes.com

(I think you need to make more glaze than the recipe calls for. There wasn’t enough for me. I :wub: these cookies![/QUOTE]

I made those just last week! They are delicious - be careful not to bake them too long. My first batch had the bottoms darken up a bit and they were a little less melt-in-the-mouth than my second batch. About 8 minutes is enough.

Anyone have any ‘Dopey’ advice?

These are very good and fast/easy to make.

Coconut Macaroons

1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
1 (14 ounce) packageflaked coconut

Directions

1.Preheat oven 325 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2.In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, extracts and coconut; mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
3.Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Immediately remove from baking sheets (macaroons will stick if allowed to cool); cool on wire racks. Store loosely covered at room temperature.

She is the Cookie Whisperer.:closedeye

This one is complicated…it’s my secret recipe.

Get in the car
go in the store
buy cookies
go home
display cookies on a pretty plate
pass them off as your own

Presto! Dana Cookies!

[QUOTE=Dana;1123688]This one is complicated…it’s my secret recipe.

Get in the car
go in the store
buy cookies
go home

Presto! Dana Cookies![/QUOTE]

Heehee, my kind of gal.

Oooo Didn’t think of that!!! YES please…christmas cookie recipe is very much welcomed too xx

[QUOTE=Dana;1123688]This one is complicated…it’s my secret recipe.

Get in the car
go in the store
buy cookies
go home

Presto! Dana Cookies![/QUOTE]

Seems a bit tricky Dana?!? ROFL!!! you are too lovely :slight_smile:

I copied and pasted this…but I have made these many times…not really cookies exactly but they are good and pretty as well…one of my favorites for parties…I always make them into the wreath shape. You can also use red food coloring and shape into hearts, or orange for pumpkins etc…

Holly Cookies—No Bake

Corn flakes coated with green-tinted marshmallow make a festive and convincing bouquet of holiday holly.

Makes about 12

1/2 cup butter
3 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp green food color
4 cups corn flakes
red hot candies
Melt butter, add marshmallows, stirring until all marshmallows are melted. Add extracts and food coloring; stir until it is a uniform green color. When mixture is smooth, add corn flakes; mix well but gently so as not to crush the cornflakes. Form into 3" mounds on sheets of waxed paper, or into wreath shapes…work quickly…then decorate with red cinnamon candies or silver and red sprinkles… Let cool.

Enjoy!

This isn’t a “cookie” per se - but it is a must have at Christmas:

Hello Dollies

1/2 cup butter
1 cup graham wafer crumbs
1 cup pecan halves
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup flaked coconut
1 can sweeten condensed milk (Eagle Brand) or UK equivalent)

Melt butter (MUST be butter) and pour into an 8 x 8 inch pan. Sprinkle graham wafer crumbs over the butter. Do not pat down!! In order given, sprinkle nuts (some people chop them, I prefer halves), chocolate chips, coconut over the graham wafer crumbs. Do not pat down!! Pour can of milk all over the top. Bake at 325 for 1/2 hour. While still warm, loosen the sides of the slice. Let cool completely. Cut into squares.:wub:

[QUOTE=llama;1123715]This isn’t a “cookie” per se - but it is a must have at Christmas:

Hello Dollies

1/2 cup butter
1 cup graham wafer crumbs
1 cup pecan halves
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup flaked coconut
1 can sweeten condensed milk (Eagle Brand) or UK equivalent)

Melt butter (MUST be butter) and pour into an 8 x 8 inch pan. Sprinkle graham wafer crumbs over the butter. Do not pat down!! In order given, sprinkle nuts (some people chop them, I prefer halves), chocolate chips, coconut over the graham wafer crumbs. Do not pat down!! Pour can of milk all over the top. Bake at 325 for 1/2 hour. While still warm, loosen the sides of the slice. Let cool completely. Cut into squares.:wub:[/QUOTE]

Yummmm,…this sounds sinfully good!

Oh brilliant guys and gals…looks like i am going to be a busy in the kitchen this weekend!!! Thank you so much for your fab recipes. I cant wait xx

For Christmas my 94yr old Grandmother makes FruitCake Cookies.

1c butter
2c brown sugar
4 eggs
1lb yellow raisins
1lb reg raisins
1/2lb red candied cherries
1/2lb candied pineapple
1/2lb green candied cherries
1c bourbon
2tbl milk
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp nutmeg
3 1/2c flour
1lb pecans

Dredge all fruit in 1c flour.

In another bowl cream brown sugar and butter. Beat in eggs, add bourbon and milk. Mix remaining flour and spices. Stir in fruit and nuts. Refrigerate overnight.

Preheat oven to 350*. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 15 min, remove from oven and cool on wire racks.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1123801]For Christmas my 94yr old Grandmother makes FruitCake Cookies.

1c butter
2c brown sugar
4 eggs
1lb yellow raisins
1lb reg raisins
1/2lb red candied cherries
1/2lb candied pineapple
1/2lb green candied cherries
1c bourbon
2tbl milk
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp nutmeg
3 1/2c flour
1lb pecans

Dredge all fruit in 1c flour.

In another bowl cream brown sugar and butter. Beat in eggs, add bourbon and milk. Mix remaining flour and spices. Stir in fruit and nuts. Refrigerate overnight.

Preheat oven to 350*. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 15 min, remove from oven and cool on wire racks.[/QUOTE]

Oh man these sound absolutely yummy. I’m not the greatest baker but these seem like a must make for me. Also I think I’m the only one that actually likes fruit cake! :blush:

Oh, no. Fruitcake is a family tradition around here! I took over the making of it from my grandmother before she passed; it makes me feel close to her to make it. :wub:

But the thing about our fruitcake is that there is NO ALCOHOL involved. Which I think was a Grandma thing. One of these years I’m going to make one and just soak it with rum. :laugh: