Recommend a navigation system?

Something that is easy enough for me to understand…I’m new to this technology and don’t know what I’m looking for.:blush:…hehe but I do need to find my way to disney world!
Are any hand held? I feel silly asking but I really have no idea. Thanks!

Well, we argue with the thing all of the time, but we have a Garmin nuvi.

If you want an electronic map that’ll get you around inside the World, they have a WDW map app for iPhone and iTouch.

We also have a Garmin nuvi (750). We just bought it in March for our spring break trip to Florida. We weren’t going to Disney (staying with some family), so we wanted to be able to get around on our own. It worked GREAT! I’m really glad we bought it, super easy to use and understand!

My DH and I both have one. I have a Tom Tom and he had a Garmin Nuvi. They cost about the same although the Garmin is a little more expensive and his is SOOOOOOO much nicer by like 150%.

We have a Garmin Nuvi and love it.

We have a Garmin Nuvi and love it also. It’s so easy to program and use.

Another vote for the Garmin Nuvi!!! LOVE IT! I got one for Christmas; the screen is big, it’s easy to operate, & easy to follow.

We too have the Garmin Nuvi and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

I don’t have one yet, but have been doing research on them. The Garmin Nuvi seems to be the one to get! It’s also #1 with Consumer Reports (the 750 was at least)

Question for you iPhone and iTouch users…how is the navi? DH and I are most probably getting iPhones and if the navi is good, we might not have to get a Garmin.

Thanks I’m starting the research now…the G-750 does look like the best…and the reviews are like great! I feel safe now…Thanks a bunch!

I have a tom tom but I also have gps on my cell phone. Its a tmobile G1 with google.

Sorry, can’t help. Still like the good, old fashion Atlas. Can get one from Target for $6.95 and it won’t lead you to a farm field, like my SIL navigation system did for her.

OK so if technology is technology then this should not be a problem.

everyone seems to love Garmin Nuvi…

I have a navman S90i across in the UK it was the top of the range around 18 months ago it takes photos and tags with GPSS to take you back to the location… i.e take a photo of your hotel and it will take you back to it - just select the photo. it is a great idea and lots of other sat navs have them now.

I would strongly advise against the navman I have had nothing but trouble with it…

I have had Garmin and Tom Tom in the past and they work well easy to use and compact. Garmin are one of the original sat nav makers and they seem to keep on getting better…

Good luck

I have a Tom Tom and find it really good, although I am impressed by the above reviews and will consider the Garmin next time.
I am just in the process of buying the Europe card for France and Germany to take DD DH and I across there when DD goes to live there.

Garmin. They are the best in GPS.

We have one in the airplane now, and I’ve owned 4 portable aviation GPS and only one wasn’t a Garmin.

I have the nuvi widescreen.

Which app are you using and how much? Is it good?

I also have a garmin nuvi (know it all nellie is her name) DD has one (her name is babbling belle)

anyone else name theirs?

Seriously, I love the GPS. Wonder how we did without it.

[QUOTE=iluvwdw;953754]I don’t have one yet, but have been doing research on them. The Garmin Nuvi seems to be the one to get! It’s also #1 with Consumer Reports (the 750 was at least)

Question for you iPhone and iTouch users…how is the navi? DH and I are most probably getting iPhones and if the navi is good, we might not have to get a Garmin.[/QUOTE]

My husband I both have iPhones but do not use the navigationn since there is one built into our van(that we love!!) Anyway, I had him check into the navi on the phone and he heard that it does not “say” turn by turn directions, rather you would have to read it on the screen. Supposedly Apple is ungrading everything this summer so that may change. The navigation is part of the phone and is included in the normal monthly fee!!

Working in Emergency Services, our department brought Garmin Nuvis for all the units. They are very reliable. I have an older Garmin and do notice a lag with responsiveness. They do make hand held GPS (takes AA batteries). They are more geared to your coordinates…More technical and not very user friendly. I do have access to one, if you want more information on them.

I still like to have an old fashion atlas or state highway map. I guess I can grow up but I am still a good old fashion Boy Scout. Give me a way point a compass and a map and I am set. But I do find it hard to drive and look at a map at the same time since my DW doe not read maps well. So I have after a quick weekend trip this week and one traffic stopping accident for almost two hours, no map in van. I have started to look at and consider a gps system finally…an ideal one would be one that I could use for traffic and hunting combined…more needed for traffic right now since it will be a loonngg time before I get the chance to go out west or north for elk and bear like I want to…But one day…Where is the best place to buy a Garmin Nuvi is?