Recommendations

Havent been to Disneyworld for about 11 years. Dont know what is new, or recommended. We have three boys 16, 8, and 6. What are some things that we “must do”. We will be there June 26-July 2nd. Help please!!!

First of all, welcome to mousebuzz!!

Must dos for my family:
MK: Splash Mountain, Space Mountain
EP: Soarin’, Mission Space, Test Track
DS: Rockin’ Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror
AK: Kali River Rapids, Expedition Everest, Primeval (sp?) Whirl, Dinosaur

Of course, we love all the less intense, cute rides too, but we have to get these in or we feel like we haven’t been there.

Have fun planning!

If you haven’t been there in 11 years, there is a LOT for you to do that is new and worthwhile.

New at MK:
Mickey’s Philharmagic 10/03, Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin 10/7/98, Many Adventure’s of Winnie the Pooh 6/5/99, Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor 2/6/06, Stitch’s Great Escape 2004 or 2005

Major Upgrades at MK: Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion

Must Do Rides Not Above: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

New at Epcot: The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Soarin’, Mission: Space, Test Track, Turtle Talk with Crush

Major Upgrade: Spaceship Earth

Must See Rides Not Listed Above: Maelstrom, Honey, I Shrunk the Audience,

New at Disney Studios: Rock N Roller Coaster featuring Aerosmith, Hollywood Tower of Terror, Lights, Motor, Action! Extreme Stunt Show, Toy Story Midway Mania.

New at Animal Kingdom: Everything for you!

Must do rides: Expedition Everest, Kiliminjaro Safaris, Primeval Whirl, Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur (Careful with the young ones on this ride)

Other Must Do Attractions: Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo: The Musical, It’s Tough To Be a Bug

FIRST, go out and get a copy of The Unofficial Guide To Walt Disney World. You can find it at most bookstore chains. The UG is a huge book, but you pick and choose what information to read up on. Make sure you become familiar with the Disney Dining Plan (a huge money saver) and with the touring plans.

I recently talked to a guy who took his family to WDW for the first time. He complained about lines, cost, etc. I asked if he used the dining plan–“What dining plan?” he asked. I asked what time of day he arrived at the park–“Oh, sometime after 11a.m.”

In short, he went to WDW without researching it. He spent thousands of dollars and had a rotten time. Spending a few bucks on the UG could have made all the difference.

Wow, we have the book and the meal plan! We have also made reservations for dinner. The book has been very helpful. So have all of you who have been giving advice. We are going to stay in a wilderness cabin this year. The boys, as well as the parents, are looking forward to this vacation.:mickey:

I agree the UG and posting questions on here is the BEST way to know what to do and what to see. Basically the place will look totally new to you since you haven’t been in so long. You’re also going at a fairly busy time so be sure to make dining reservations ahead of time and use that Fast Pass!! Trust me, the Fast Pass when used correctly is the big different between an OK trip and an amazing trip.

Good plan then you’re already one step ahead!

The cabins at WL are nice and I believe some of them have gotten a “face lift” recently and they look amazing!

As far as the parks go…don’t try to do it all because you never will. Have your family map out the attractions they HAVE to see and start there. Usually…and this is just a weird tip I have found…when you enter a park…go to the left…when you enter a ride queue (if there is more than one) go to the left…people have a natural tendency to go right therefore more people typically start in Tomorrowland in MK than Adventureland. And the Left queue at Pirates of the Carribean is always a good 5-10 minutes shorter wait than the right side.

Good info! Thanks again!

Now that you have the book, remember that it went to the editor last summer. So some information will be out of date. So this is a great place to keep tabs on developments (such as the scheduled opening of Toy Story Mania).

Deb’s Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide is another great site to check out menus and listed closings.

WOW!! I will tell you what, there is more information out there about Disney!! I never drempt that there would be so much out there!

Oh yeah, also make sure at Deb Will’s site to subscribe to their email newsletter.

Welcome to mousebuzz, boilerjeff. You got some great advice already.

If you want to see pictures, this is a great site
SuiteDisney
Fort Wilderness

welcome to mousebuzz

First of all, welcome to mousebuzz:simba: The must do’s for me in Magic Kingdom are Buzz Lightyear (my favorite beyond anything, I am a kid at heart), Splash Mountain ( I love to get soaking wet), Space Mountain (My niece’s favorite). The must do’s for me and my family at Disney Studios are most definetly Aerosmith’s Rock and Roll rollercoaster, Tower of Terror and I love the show Fantasmic (you have to go see this show it’s so awesome). The must do’s for me and my family at Epcot are Test Track, and Nemo and Friends. The must do’s at Animal Kingdom for me and my family are Expedition Everest ( I rode it for the first time on our last trip to WDW and loved it), Kali River Rapids(like I said before I love getting wet). I love everything about Disney World and so will you and hope you have a wonderful time and a may all your dreams come true at WDW!:cheshire:

That would be All Ears Net:

Deb’s Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World

Welcome to mousebuzz.

The information I learned from here is great and so helpfull and I think I have become addicted to Disney. I have not been there in ten years as well and I had so many questions. You have the hard part done-booking a resort- the rest is easy and so much fun. Make sure to book your dinning reservations soon if you didn’t allready because I learned the hard way that the good places book up quick.

Happy Disney travels!

Welcome to Mousebuzz Boilerjeff.

Our must-do’s by park…

MK - Big Thunder Mountain, fireworks and parades
EP - Soarin’, a walk around the World Showcase, Turtle Talk with Crush, margaritas in Mexico
AK - Kilamonjaro Safari, Expedition Everest, It’s Tough to be a Bug
HS - Tower of Terror, Rock’n Roller coaster,

Must-do’s not necessarily associated with the parks…

*Character dining
*Rest time by the pool
*Hotel hopping/sightseeing
*Pressed penny/pressed quarter collecting
*Pin trading

And actually, planning it all is another one of my favorites, so enjoy! :mickey:

BA

Again, I have never been to a site that has so many followers. This is great! I have added this site to my list of favorites!

Hello boilerjeff!

Welcome to Mousebuzz!!

A lot of people on here have already posted some really great “must do’s” that pretty much cover ours.

The biggest “must-do” (and I know this is going to sound cheesy, but it’s true so bare with me) is to stop and take it all in. Really look around and pay attention to all the little details that Disney has incorporated into everyhing they do.

Ok, that’s all Ive got. Have fun!!! And of course feel free to ask any other questions you may have.