Referral Cards

We are now starting to get DVC information in the mail now that we are officially DVC members. The one we received today, or should I say my DH received, was a packet regarding referrals. When DH got the mail, he handed it directly to me because we really know that DVC is something my DH bought for me, but when I looked at it, I noticed it was addressed to my dh. My name not listed at all. When I opened it, and saw they had preprinted referral cards, it only had my dh’s name on it. What happened to me??? I know it sounds odd, but it kind of upset me that they weren’t acknowledging that I’m a DVC member. Is that silly? Do they always only list one name on the correspondence?

My name is first on our contract so all our DVC mail comes in my name only. Our guide asked us which name we wanted listed first when we started the process, she said that name would be the primary name but we were equal.

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Yes, of course you are a full member, but as far as the mailings & stuff goes it’s usually only one name on the stuff. Not sure why but Daniel never gets anything in his name either. But no worries, you get all the wonderful benefits too.

On the contract it lists my name as the primary name, and DH’s name as an additional owner.

You will get a membership card with YOUR name on it too, but all of the mailings will be to the first name on the list.

Your guide could probably get it switched in the system if you really want. But then the annual dues $tatement$ come in YOUR name then. :laugh:

The other thing you could do is get some of the business card packs for your printer and make you own with MS Word or Publisher. Lots of clip art out there, and the only thing you need on a referral card is your name, city and state.

Did you really make your own referral cards??

May be I should offer them to other members. Might make enough to buy more points. :laugh:

Nothing to it with the word processing/publishing programs. I print my own business cards for the real estate appraisal business (very low useage) so I’ve got the business card stock already - 10 to a page. Plus I have my guide’s contact info on the reverse side. And a picture of BossMouse in the Epcot fountain. :blow::eek:

Never cary more than a couple but you never know when some one will ask you about DVC. Given a couple away on the bus.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;978984] And a picture of BossMouse in the Epcot fountain. :blow::eek:

QUOTE]

No wonder nobody uses you for a referrel !!!:laugh::laugh:

I felt the same way about the mail. DH’s name is on the mailing and he wouldn’t know how to even call disney. :laugh: But as long as I’m on the contract and get to use the points, I don’t care. (but I did at first,:ph34r:)

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;978984]May be I should offer them to other members. Might make enough to buy more points. :laugh:

Nothing to it with the word processing/publishing programs. I print my own business cards for the real estate appraisal business (very low useage) so I’ve got the business card stock already - 10 to a page. Plus I have my guide’s contact info on the reverse side. And a picture of BossMouse in the Epcot fountain. :blow::eek:

Never cary more than a couple but you never know when some one will ask you about DVC. Given a couple away on the bus.[/QUOTE]

Wow, your guide must love you for all the referrals you send his/her way.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;978984]May be I should offer them to other members. Might make enough to buy more points. :laugh:

Never cary more than a couple but you never know when some one will ask you about DVC. Given a couple away on the bus.[/QUOTE]

Is Boss ok with this?:laugh::laugh:

My parents own DVC and have me listed as an additional owner (yay for me!) My mom and I always laugh because everything either comes in HER name or in MY name. My dad never gets anything.

You know what, Beth? I think you should call your guide and get the name switched.

Of course you’re a big girl and yes, the mail coming in your husband’s name and having the cards with his name is just cosmetic stuff and doesn’t reflect your membership status. Blah blah blah.

Wouldn’t you get a tiny little thrill about having referral cards with your name on them? And getting the mail and letters addressed to you? Sure, it’s a silly thing… but if it’s something that’ll just give you a little boost when it arrives… make the call. :heart:

Andrea, you’ve hit it on the head. If my dh handed any of our family and friends that referral card with his name on it, there would be pure question marks on their faces because of it coming from him and not me (seeing I’m the passionate freaky one about Disney). I’ve waited years and years and years for this, and then there’s no acknowledgment. I’m calling right now!