Referral

Does DVC give members anything for new referrals?

Yes, but it depends on what state you live in. We live in PA and were told it’s not allowed here. I’m not sure what the details are.

I think it is $200 Disney Dollars.

I think it starts at $200 and goes up to $1000 depending on how many people you refer in a calendar year. The money can be in Disney Dollars, a credit on your annual dues, a discount on additional points, or a few others I don’t remember right now. Anyone need a referal? :biggrin:

Jo - jo - you hook someone up, use my name and I’ll split the earnings w/you. Ok, I’ll turn over the whole thing - whatever.

DVC regularly sends promo materials to members. The last one I received was “Thanks for sharing the best kept Disney Secret!” package. It included cards to hand out to folks, a Web site (dvcfriends.com) and a toll free phone number for potential members to call for info.

As others have stated, there are levels of rewards (starting at $200 for level 1 up to $1,000 for level 5) and the current member may choose a credit toward annual dues, a credit toward an addl. ownership interest (more points), Disney Dollars, or a donation to Give Kids the World. One advances to each level by introducing guests who complete a purchase.

Depending on the state where you live, you may not be eligible or are limited for the rewards due to state regulations.

As far as I know, I am eligible (Massachusetts resident) although I have not had anyone identify me to Member Services as referring (yet).

I’ll keep that in mind.:laugh: I found out it didn’t count in PA because we tried to get something for neighbors.

[QUOTE=lopo]DVC regularly sends promo materials to members. The last one I received was “Thanks for sharing the best kept Disney Secret!” package. It included cards to hand out to folks, a Web site (dvcfriends.com) and a toll free phone number for potential members to call for info.

We got those too.:laugh: I thought, man - that’s nervy. One of the most successful companies in the world and they want me to drum up business for them.:glare:

We referred someone this year and are awaiting our $200 Disney dollars. It’s not much but it will spend in Nov!:laugh:

jersey is the same - $200 disney dollars per person

llama wrote

and they want me to drum up business for them.

Although I, too, had that same thought initially, it occurred to me that many new DVC owners actually investigate DVC because they have heard about it from other owners (not necessarily friends and family.)

Heck! I know that I have talked in great detail about DVC to folks as we relaxed in one of the spas . . . I have no doubt that DVC generates lots of new business via word-of-mouth (hence, the promo materials received in the mail.)