Refillable Mug Question

Hello All!

We got the Deluxe Dining Plan for our trip this September and had a question about the use of refillable mugs.

I know we can use them in the resorts and have in the past when we have stayed on property.

Can they be used at Quick Service locations within the parks? Meaning, can I go to any quick service location that has accessible drink machines and fill up my mug?

I thought I saw this somewhere, so I was just curious:wub:

Refilling your mugs within the parks is not their intended use. That being said, you will find several people who get away with it. It is a hot topic around here, and most Disney sites, but I will tell you my opinion. I don’t think it’s right to use them outside the resorts. But, you can make your own choices, and there will be lots of folks who disagree with me. To each their own…

I never thought of the topic, probably b/c I’ve never gotten a refillable mug. :laugh: Although, my mind is racing trying to even think of a counter service location that has accessible drink machines?!?! All I can think of is Club Cool in EPCOT and obviously that would be real tacky pullin’ up to the machines with a refillable mug. :laugh:

I still can’t think of ANY counter service I’ve been to where that would be possible.

Would it really be worth it to tote those clunky mugs around all day? I couldn’t do it, plus I do believe b1wife is correct that they are intended for resort use only.

Oh no, a refillable mug thread.:eek:

This is exactly why I don’t do the mugs. 1. I refuse to lug them around all day. 2. They cannot be used outside of your home resort (well, that’s how it’s supposed to work…). The $13 just doesn’t make sense for us when we have DDP and our meal drinks are included. We’re not at the resort enough to get our money’s worth. We just spend the $ if we desperately need a drink in the park or we scope out the nearest water fountain and there are quite a few. We’ve bought drinks in the resort store before as well so we have something in our room if we want it (like 2L of soda or 1/2 gal milk).

Exactly…LETS GET READY TO RUMMBBBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

remember people - fight nice…

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;949033]I never thought of the topic, probably b/c I’ve never gotten a refillable mug. :laugh: Although, my mind is racing trying to even think of a counter service location that has accessible drink machines?!?! All I can think of is Club Cool in EPCOT and obviously that would be real tacky pullin’ up to the machines with a refillable mug. :laugh:

I still can’t think of ANY counter service I’ve been to where that would be possible.

Would it really be worth it to tote those clunky mugs around all day? I couldn’t do it, plus I do believe b1wife is correct that they are intended for resort use only.[/QUOTE]

The electric umbrella has that type of access, but that’s the only one I can think of. But the mugs are for the resorts only. I loved them when we stayed at pop, but at the DVC resorts it’s not such a great deal. It’s easier for us to just get something to keep in the room.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;949033]All I can think of is Club Cool in EPCOT and obviously that would be real tacky pullin’ up to the machines with a refillable mug. :laugh:
[/QUOTE]

OMG I am laughing so hard…

Anyway, can I start a club for people who stress out completely when they see a refillable mug thread? I get so nervous…

Please let’s not get into a big brouhaha about this. PLEASE!

I buy a refillable mug every year and I ONLY use mine inside the RESORT I am staying at. I think we all need to abide by the rules!!!

The electric umbrella is closed for refurbishment so i guess it wont matter :laugh:

[QUOTE=TaraRae82;949038] 2. They cannot be used outside of your home resort (well, that’s how it’s supposed to work…). QUOTE]

i thought you could use it at any disney resort. when we were just there, usually we had at least 1 mug with us & whoever’s mug it was, got to pick what we drank in it. we also had the DDP (2QS, 2Snacks) so when we were offered a drink, we would take a bottle of water to drink later in the day or week…i dont think we had to buy any bottled drinks because of how many we had!!

I, for one, agree with you :smile:

The only time I’ve even had a refillable mug (they are too ugly for my taste) was this past January, because it came with the dining plan. We used ours exactly 1.5 times and then left them behind when the vacation was over

[QUOTE=tinkfans;949045][QUOTE=TaraRae82;949038] 2. They cannot be used outside of your home resort (well, that’s how it’s supposed to work…). QUOTE]

i thought you could use it at any disney resort. when we were just there, usually we had at least 1 mug with us & whoever’s mug it was, got to pick what we drank in it. we also had the DDP (2QS, 2Snacks) so when we were offered a drink, we would take a bottle of water to drink later in the day or week…i dont think we had to buy any bottled drinks because of how many we had!![/QUOTE]

That’s entirely possible. I’m no expert! That’s just the info I recall. But that could be old news since the mugs aren’t specific to each resort anymore. I’ll go research…

I’m guessing this topic gets rowdy around here?? I’m not sure I see the big deal about this topic. It’s not terribly exciting or very controversal IMO. No need to respond to this, just thinking out loud.

From the official Disney site:

“Bring your Resort mug to any quick-service restaurant at your Resort hotel and refill it as often as you like!”

And allears says this:

“A sign states that the mugs are for use at that hotel for the duration of your visit.”

That to me says only your resort, not any Disney resort. Just my interpretation.

I’ve never gotten the mug - couldn’t be bothered lugging it around, dragging it back to the room, and washing it, but…if “the mugs are for use at that hotel for the duration of your visit”…kind of self-explanatory. Without rules we have chaos!

I try to never reuse a mug that’s over five years old.

We have only used our mugs at the resorts. In the room or by the pool, on our way to or from the parks (even though I know you are not supposed to drink on the buses :blush:).

The main reason we get them is for the blue raspberry slushie frozen coke stuff at Pop Century.

Yes, I think with the deluxe dining the mugs can be used in the parks? :confused: Now I’m confused? I know when I got the counter service dining it included mugs for us to use at the resorts ONLY, but I too feel like I read somewhere that the mugs purchased with the Deluxe Dining Plan can be used at the parks (with the exceptions of the water parks)???

Now I’m on a mission to find out . . . :blush:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;949092]Yes, I think with the deluxe dining the mugs can be used in the parks? :confused: Now I’m confused? I know when I got the counter service dining it included mugs for us to use at the resorts ONLY, but I too feel like I read somewhere that the mugs purchased with the Deluxe Dining Plan can be used at the parks (with the exceptions of the water parks)???

Now I’m on a mission to find out . . . :blush:[/QUOTE]

OK, quoting myself! :laugh::laugh:

I searched EVERYWHERE, and under all the places I looked there was a point of it saying “RESORT REFILLABLE MUG” so I guess it is RESORT only. :blush:

:laugh::laugh:my thoughts exactly…

I personally have never seen anyone use them at the quick service locations and never honestly thought to do it or ask about it. I think you are best calling WDW and asking to see where they stand on this as they are the final word on it.