Refillable mugs

I thought all MB’ers would find this information interesting.
Ask a Disney Question: Is Disney Discontinuing Refillable Mugs? | Chip and Co.

Wow, thats interesting, for sure.

I can see why they want to address the problem, but glad that they aren’t discontinuing the mugs. One of our favorite things is getting a refill before heading up to our rooms for the night!

Wow … I totally forgot this in my TR … When we arrived on Saturday,May 8th, They had out the Red mugs with Yellow handles. The following two days I did not see the mugs anywhere in the food court both morning and night. I usually stroll down to get the DW her normal cup of cream with a pinch of coffee in the mornings and of course we stop by at night for late snack after the parks and they did not have them sitting out by the cash registers like they always have in the past. Weird coincidence or maybe they ran out???

Missymouse, I didn’t know this site existed! Thanks for posting a link :slight_smile:

DH and I have often wondered why they don’t just do the little barcode sticker thing like they do at the water parks. I guess tying your mug to your resort key is a similar concept.

Someone shared this site with me on Facebook. I’m a fan of Chip and Co. on FB, and they link they’re information to their FB page all day long. It’s great! If you’re on FB, you should become a fan. You’ll get lots of information that way.:happy:

Thanks for the site…too!
Very interesting, I think it would be a great way to monitor the mug situations.

I wonder if that means that people who split their stays would have to buy a new mug for each stay.

I personally think that they should do the refillable mugs like the cruiselines do. When you board the ship, you can buy the Coca Cola pass that gets you unlimited soft drinks for your time onboard. You do not have to have the mug to get a coke - you just have to show them your card. You can pre-purchase the Coke pass, and it’s printed on your card, or you can purchase it onboard, and they add a sticker.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1035269]I wonder if that means that people who split their stays would have to buy a new mug for each stay.

I personally think that they should do the refillable mugs like the cruiselines do. When you board the ship, you can buy the Coca Cola pass that gets you unlimited soft drinks for your time onboard. You do not have to have the mug to get a coke - you just have to show them your card. You can pre-purchase the Coke pass, and it’s printed on your card, or you can purchase it onboard, and they add a sticker.[/QUOTE]

I like that Victoria…

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1035269]I wonder if that means that people who split their stays would have to buy a new mug for each stay.

I personally think that they should do the refillable mugs like the cruiselines do. When you board the ship, you can buy the Coca Cola pass that gets you unlimited soft drinks for your time onboard. You do not have to have the mug to get a coke - you just have to show them your card. You can pre-purchase the Coke pass, and it’s printed on your card, or you can purchase it onboard, and they add a sticker.[/QUOTE]

Thats a good point too about split stays. Ours this trip is split into two separate bookings-hmm interesting.

I wouldn’t mind haven’t something on the keycard and not have to carry a mug all over the place. At some resorts it’s a real pain to have to walk to the room and come back to fill the mug, it would be soooo nice to get the paper cup and fill it on the way to the room.

I wondered the same thing.

I definitely like the cruise coke card or tying it to your key card idea. I love the mugs, I usually get them and will probably continue to get them but honestly, they become more useful to me once I’m home. I don’t often have a way to carry the mug on me so unless I’m around the resort, it usually doesn’t get used much besides being an awesome souvenir.

I am all for ensuring they are used for one stay only. We always buy new mugs. I really want them to bring back resort specific mugs. They were so much more special.

I agree. I’m thinking ok, I have 3 kids and dh and I, I cannot carry 5 mugs to the parks and back to get my soda etc on the way to my room. So it looks like I get to go to my room, get the mugs, then get the drink then go back. I already, though maybe I shouldn’t have, promised the kids they could go get drinks on their own if we were close enough to the POFQ Sassagoula Float works. Oy. :blink:

There should be a deal of some sort. Buy a Mug get the Coke Card free OR buy the Coke Card and for an additional $ get a mug or just buy the mug and buy the card. lol

[QUOTE=5Demons4Cookie;1035309]I agree. I’m thinking ok, I have 3 kids and dh and I, I cannot carry 5 mugs to the parks and back to get my soda etc on the way to my room. So it looks like I get to go to my room, get the mugs, then get the drink then go back. I already, though maybe I shouldn’t have, promised the kids they could go get drinks on their own if we were close enough to the POFQ Sassagoula Float works. Oy. :blink:

There should be a deal of some sort. Buy a Mug get the Coke Card free OR buy the Coke Card and for an additional $ get a mug or just buy the mug and buy the card. lol[/QUOTE]

I completely agree! The card and the mug should come hand and hand because the card will work great while at the resort (using your mug when you have it on hand) and then you keep the mug and use it at home. I think it’s a great deal.

With the current situation, it always seems like Mom gets stuck carrying everyone’s mug around because no one else wanted to carry them. :laugh: I know it was always like that for my poor mother when I was a kid. I’d always want to use my mug but I’d never want to carry it. She ended up having to buy a bigger bag so she could lug around everyone’s mug. I’m sure many of you parents also face similar situations. :laugh:

I think this is long over due to stop the abuse of the mugs.

Last year when we visited blizzard beach you had a bar code on the mug that you had to scan to allow you to use the soda machine. This would work well and would allow children to get there own drinks without having to take the room card or remember pass codes to get the drinks. moving on to safety it could also stop children getting hot drinks on there own.

I like the card idea but hate wasting a new cup with each drink purpose…what to do, what to do???

that is very interesting