Refillable mugs

Hello
We are going to WDW for Thanksgiving this year. I kept changing my mind about when I was going to go and now I actually have three reservations for the 11 days. Day 1 at an ALL Star on the day of arrival. Days 2-5 at Boardwalk Villas, and days 6-11 at OKW. Is it possible to get one refillable mug for the entire trip?

Thanks

[QUOTE=disneymom;1919093727]Hello
We are going to WDW for Thanksgiving this year. I kept changing my mind about when I was going to go and now I actually have three reservations for the 11 days. Day 1 at an ALL Star on the day of arrival. Days 2-5 at Boardwalk Villas, and days 6-11 at OKW. Is it possible to get one refillable mug for the entire trip?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

As long as you purchase it for the total length of your stay, you can use the mug at any resort until it expires…

The new mugs have RFID chips in the bottom. Keep your receipt handy in case they have to reprogram it. Mine had to be reprogrammed once during out trip last week (although the rest of family’s worked fine)

We had two resorts (actually 3 but didn’t buy our mug until our second resort so it would be good through our check out day) on our July trip and our mug was good for the length of our stay at both resorts.

The chip actually just STOPS the fill if it picks up an expired chip would be my guess. Otherwise you’d have to put chips in every paper cup too.

It’s my understanding that there are chips in the paper cups…I believe you can only
refill each paper cup 4 times…

[QUOTE=smallworld;1919093747]It’s my understanding that there are chips in the paper cups…I believe you can only
refill each paper cup 4 times…[/QUOTE]

That’s what I thought too. Don’t remember how many times but they are only good for a short time, like an hour or so.

Thanks everyone. I will remember to keep my receipt!

Unless I pay cash, I try to keep all of my receipts until I check my bill…I charged about everything to the room with my MB last month and I really had a long bill to go over…but it also was so much easier than pulling my CC or cash out eac time… :slight_smile:

They did. There is a small square thing on the bottom of each paper cup. You have a time and refill limit. The self fill stations in the parks haven’t changed but the resorts were all chipped as far as we could tell.