Refresh My Memory!

We are traveling next year with the 3 kids and the two of us. We are bouncing the idea of either two rooms at a value or one room at a moderate. We thought about Deluxe but will miss the food court. So, which moderate can have 5 people in a room?

POR can have 5 in a room if you get a trundle bed.

Disney Teacher is right. Only POR of the moderates sleeps 5 using a trundle bed, and those can go rather fast.

Couldn’t you rent points? Do any of the DVCs fit 5?

Riverside fits 5 with the trudle bed as stated below. If you fund allow it, I would go for the two rooms at a value. you will be thanking yourself with the extra room and extra bathroom.

On our first trip to DW we choose POR with the trundle bed for my husband, myself, 16 year old son, 10 year old daughter and a 3 year old…the trundle bed is very short so if you have anyone older than 7 in it they are going to hang off the end…lol Last year, we got 2 value rooms with adjoining doors at ASM…we had WAY more room…two bathrooms and lots more storage space…the only drawback to the value resorts is the very busy bus service. We had to wait twice as long at the buses then we did at the moderate.

The downside to all WDW value and mod resorts (excepting CSR) is they come with two double beds and not two queen beds, which means that it’s going to be really tight if someone is a light sleeper. Only the deluxes and CSR have queens.

i didn’t look this up BUT are there not suites now at one of the values

There are Family Suites that sleep six at the AllStar Music Resort.

Considering you’d prefer a value/moderate, I’d suggest this over the trundle rooms at POR. With the family suites, you get two separate sleeping areas and two bathrooms.

well, the biggest moderate rooms are at CBR. The beauty of staying there is also the awesome main pool and a really good food court at Old Port Royale. You gotta take into consideration the variety available when traveling when your kids are that broad an age range.

2 rooms at a value is cheaper than the family suite at asm or FW cabin. POR with trundle is the cheapest, if one of your kids is small I would do that in a heartbeat. My kids loved the pool at POR and the food court was good too.

Not true. For April, when I was looking into this, the value rooms were running $135/night, and the family suites at ASMu were going $150/night. This is only $15 more per night. To get two value rooms for a family of five, it would cost $54/person/night. To get one family suite for a family of five, it would cost only $30/person/night.

I believe the moderate rooms were running a little bit higher than the family suite. Even if they were the same price, you would only have one bathroom and a much smaller room.

If you were happy with the accomodations and the only drawback was travel time, that could be solved by staying at POP next time. Having their own buses is one of the many reasons people prefer this value over the others.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;962795]Not true. For April, when I was looking into this, the value rooms were running $135/night, and the family suites at ASMu were going $150/night. This is only $15 more per night. To get two value rooms for a family of five, it would cost $54/person/night. To get one family suite for a family of five, it would cost only $30/person/night.

I believe the moderate rooms were running a little bit higher than the family suite. Even if they were the same price, you would only have one bathroom and a much smaller room.[/QUOTE]

I like the idea of the family suites, but because the rate you found sounded just too good I checked too. One night in a standard room in sept was 82, a family suite was 184. Maybe there was some special in April???

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;962429]There are Family Suites that sleep six at the AllStar Music Resort.

Considering you’d prefer a value/moderate, I’d suggest this over the trundle rooms at POR. With the family suites, you get two separate sleeping areas and two bathrooms.[/QUOTE]

The family suites at ASMu are very difficult to get. We’ve tried several times to get one, and they’re always booked. I think if someone can get one, it’s probably great, but we’re fine with 2 connecting rooms at the POP, and that actually sleeps 8. We never have 8 people in those 2 rooms, but it’s possible, while the suites only sleep 6.

Deluxe have Food Courts. At least I know for a fact that WL has one. It’s called Roaring Forks.

Lisa

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;962841]Deluxe have Food Courts. At least I know for a fact that WL has one. It’s called Roaring Forks.

Lisa[/QUOTE]

It is nice but the value food courts are so much bigger (of course they are meant to serve 3 million people).

I think if I could get one, I’d love having the kitchenette area at the family suites. That’s one of the reasons we love DVC, not having to run out for coffee and toast in the morning.

We thought we would miss the food court at CBR when we upgraded to the Poly and we didn’t. The Poly had Capt. Cooks, you could order breakfast, lunch and dinner. They had 2 refillable mug stations and a grab and go. It was very nice and convenient. We were also on the DDP for the first time so we weren’t needing a food court as much as we would have not being on the plan.

Technically, they aren’t food courts, only CS locations.
A food court would have multiple entree and dessert vendors, not a single point with a more limited choice.