Refurbs...annual, same dates?

are they at the same time each year…SAME dates?

i know “roughly” given the calendar year changes slightly each year…

but for example: Splash is scheduled to be down Jan.9-18th 2009.
in 2007 it was down Jan. 8- at least the 11th…
in 2008 it was down Jan. 7-through at least the 12th…

[B]so my question: is if fair to assume that Splash will be down Jan. 10-19th of 2010???[/B]

~thanks

I think that must be it. I moved my trip because of Splash being closed in January. And now I am hoping it will open on time.

Let’s wait and see what Rowdy has to say :smile:

I know that TL has always been closed for refurb when we go in the winter. I have never been able to imagine enjoying BB while it’s cold outside…

so if it was you…would you plan to go BEFORE the scheduled refurb., rather than chancing it not being re-opening in time for a later trip coinciding with the perspective “refurb. completion” date??
(make sense???lol)

Well now, last year I actually changed the trip from January and waited until November. there’s hardly ever anyting I am interested in closed. This time I completely brain farted and never even checked. Now the Hall of Presidents and Mickey’s Philharmagic won’t be there for me and Splash Mountain is suppose to be open in time for me to take the plunge.
Yes, I would move my trip around the refurbs if I was with it :laugh:

[QUOTE=Dopey;921778]Well now, last year I actually changed the trip from January and waited until November. there’s hardly ever anyting I am interested in closed. This time I completely brain farted and never even checked. Now the Hall of Presidents and Mickey’s Philharmagic won’t be there for me and Splash Mountain is suppose to be open in time for me to take the plunge.
Yes, I would move my trip around the refurbs if I was with it :laugh:[/QUOTE]

~ see “value” season @ POFQ is from Jan.1-15, and Jan. 19-Feb. 12.
(all of these dates are 2009…assuming they will be same for 2010…if Rowdy or another CM can verify)

so…since Splash is down Jan. 9th-18, we would plan to go Jan.1-8th, OR…anytime after Jan. 19th.

BUT i am wondering if it would be better go BEFORE the refurb. rather than schedule to go so close to the “re-open” date…as not to chance it not “re-opening” on schedule.

I would schedule my trip around a refurb if it was a ride that was essential to the enjoyment of my trip. There aren’t many rides that would make me do that…RnR and probally EE.

i am totally going to schedule around Splash’s refurb.

what i am wondering is are they always the same dates…essentially.
AND, should i worry that the refurb could run over the perspective reopening date…therefore to be safe, i should plan to go BEFORE the refub.

what do you guys think??? go before…or after? are they usually done with refurbs. by the time they say they will be done??

[QUOTE=chottsy;921793]~ see “value” season @ POFQ is from Jan.1-15, and Jan. 19-Feb. 12.
(all of these dates are 2009…assuming they will be same for 2010…if Rowdy or another CM can verify)

so…since Splash is down Jan. 9th-18, we would plan to go Jan.1-8th, OR…anytime after Jan. 19th.

BUT i am wondering if it would be better go BEFORE the refurb. rather than schedule to go so close to the “re-open” date…as not to chance it not “re-opening” on schedule.[/QUOTE]

That depends on if they might also close a ride a bit earlier than scheduled.

on the whole I would plan it for earlier or much later :wink:

[QUOTE=Dopey;921817]That depends on if they might also close a ride a bit earlier than scheduled.

on the whole I would plan it for earlier or much later :wink:[/QUOTE]

have they ever done that?? i figured if it was posted to close on a certain date…they would wait to close it then?

Sometimes things might not go as planned is all I am saying.

yes…that’s always possible.

i just wanted to get a feel for what has been the typical way thing have gone in past years…you know…if typically things went as planned.

sure…there is always a chance that it won’t…but with some careful planning…i am hoping to time it so that we are not there while Splash is down.

i guess there is really only so much planning one can do…the rest is just the luck! lol:laugh:

[QUOTE=chottsy;922268]yes…that’s always possible.

i just wanted to get a feel for what has been the typical way thing have gone in past years…you know…if typically things went as planned.

sure…there is always a chance that it won’t…but with some careful planning…i am hoping to time it so that we are not there while Splash is down.

i guess there is really only so much planning one can do…the rest is just the luck! lol:laugh:[/QUOTE]

That’s the attitude. Now please cross your fingers that Splash will be open for meeeeeee :laugh:

fingers crossed!:laugh:

i think if DD got to nothing else but SM, she would be just fine with that!:laugh: