Regarding ADRs

Ok, I just tried to get through to Disney Dining and the call got dropped.
So, I emailed my travel agent who wrote the following, which is what I thought is totally doable all along:

[I]"We have had clients show up several times with one or two more guests and
they have always had no trouble just had to wait a little longer sometimes.

I have actually had agents at Disney tell me to tell clients to do this when
they can not get them in when I call in changes. If you had three or more
guests though I would suggest calling and changing it but with two you
should be fine.

Everything is going great here. Wont be long and you will be enjoying that
Florida sunshine :-)"

Have a good day.

Chris
[/I]

So for all of you who are cancelling ADRs because they are adding people to the table or the other way around, there’s no need to do that unless it is more than 2 add ons.

Good news! :happy:

Thats info worth knowing Dopey- I always find they are very felxible up to now as long as you aren’t too demanding and dont mind a wait.

Good advice. I’m sure there are times where that would easily work, especially the less busy times (if they still exist). We tried doing just this last December and it worked once and didn’t the other time.

At Yachtsman Steakhouse we couldn’t even wait, it was just a no because they were too busy that night. We met up with friends who had an ADR maybe 90 minutes before ours and we couldn’t get seated early and they would loses theirs if they waited for us. However, we made it work at Sci Fi with ADRs 30-40 minutes apart.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;924475]Good advice. I’m sure there are times where that would easily work, especially the less busy times (if they still exist). We tried doing just this last December and it worked once and didn’t the other time.

At Yachtsman Steakhouse we couldn’t even wait, it was just a no because they were too busy that night. We met up with friends who had an ADR maybe 90 minutes before ours and we couldn’t get seated early and they would loses theirs if they waited for us. However, we made it work at Sci Fi with ADRs 30-40 minutes apart.[/QUOTE]

I am sure it’s a different thing during really busy times.
I just posted this because I know that some members here really labor with that question.
I also wondered if there are tables for just two people. I have never been in a two-people situation there before and didn’t pay attention. So, going from the smallest table being a 4-top, there should be no problem to add one or two extra guests.

[QUOTE=Dopey;924514]I am sure it’s a different thing during really busy times.
I just posted this because I know that some members here really labor with that question.
I also wondered if there are tables for just two people. I have never been in a two-people situation there before and didn’t pay attention. So, going from the smallest table being a 4-top, there should be no problem to add one or two extra guests.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I’m sure most restaurants will do what they can to fit you in. I wouldn’t cancel, it’s worth taking a chance on. I just wanted to add that it worked for us once and didn’t work the other time.