Rehab Mexico

Saw this: the below is a quote:

JANUARY 2010

>>Cantina de San Angel at the Mexico pavilion in Epcot, will be closed for a significant refurbishment and expansion until fall 2010. The company that operates the restaurants in the Mexico pavilion, San Angel Inn, LLC, plans to open on the site a new 400-seat waterside restaurant and quick service food location “specializing in the freshly baked culinary flavors of Mexico.” During the refurbishment, the San Angel Inn Restaurante and La Cava de Tequila located inside the Mexico pavilion, and the Taqueria Del Lago, located alongside the promenade, will still be open for Mexican dining.<<

I was wondering why they didn’t tear down the Food & Wine kiosk @ Mexico… now I know why.
And from the above, I guess DisneyCo doesn’t run the Mexican restaurants???
Which do they “own” and run.
Frank

I hope it’s opened if we go next year… although it will be late in the year when we go. That was one of my fav. places I can’t wait to go back, I think my DD will think it’s cool. So it will be OPENING in the fall right? I think we should be fine then.

I am so glad they are doing a refurb!! I really hope they do something about the birds! We love that eatery but two years ago we were literally bombarded by birds. They actually flew in and attacked our table of food. We had to grab our kids and pull them away from the table as the birds swarmed. I’ve never seen anything like it, and our kids were terrified of birds for the next year. We haven’t eaten there since, unfortunately I just won’t chance it. They just came out of nowhere!! Now when the kids are nervous seeing birds here at home we tell them, don’t worry, they’re not Disney birds…how sad is that!? We’ve had many experiences with pushy birds, but that was incredible…actually I wish we had it on tape, we were quite the sight!!

ooohhh… it’s the outside ts that’s being fixed… I thought it was the inside cs. Any way, we love that cs also. Never had to many problems with the birds though. The first day we ate there a town near Orlando had a tornado and the wind in Epcot was incredible! We had to hold onto our plates. :slight_smile:

Those “Disney birds” are terrors! I saw one swoop down on a little kid at the MK and steal the french fry right out of his hand. The poor little guy was terrified. It would frighten anyone.

I wish they’d refurb the San Angel Inn and change the menu.

Me too!! We used to love that restaurant but we went last year and were really disappointed with the food. It was our worst meal that we had that trip.

I agree! We ate there last year and we were very disappointed.

It’s under way and was definately blocked with the signs that disney hangs about building magic or whatever when they rehab something. that walking path past Mexico was TIGHT on Thursday. It was tight mainly because families insist on walking side by side and take up the entire walking path instead of walking on the path like they would drive with on going traffic going one way and the other flow the other way…they need dividers:laugh:

[QUOTE=llama;1012819]Those “Disney birds” are terrors! I saw one swoop down on a little kid at the MK and steal the french fry right out of his hand. The poor little guy was terrified. It would frighten anyone.

I wish they’d refurb the San Angel Inn and change the menu.[/QUOTE]

I am so glad I have not encountered them!