Rehabs and closings

Just got this from allears.net via email! Good stuff to know! :smile:

[B]Magic Kingdom[/B]

The Hall of Presidents will be closed for rehab through July 1, 2009.

Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin will be closed for refurbishment March 2-6, 2009.

The Heritage House Shop is closed until July 1, 2009.

[B]Epcot[/B]

Ellen’s Energy Adventure in Epcot’s Future World is closed for refurbishment through March 22, 2009.

Refreshment Port will be closed March 15 - April 4, 2009.

Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular will be dark March 14 and 15 due to Cheer and Dance Championships.

[B]Animal Kingdom[/B]

Restaurantosaurus will be closed for refurbishment March 3-12, 2009.

[B]Typhoon Lagoon[/B]

Typhoon Lagoon is closed for refurbishment through March 21, 2009.

Surfing classes and private surfing events at Typhoon Lagoon are not available until March 2009. The Craig Carroll Cocoa Beach Surf School at Typhoon Lagoon can now be booked for March 23, 2009, and beyond.

Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

[B]Animal Kingdom Villas and Lodge[/B]

Disney Vacation Club has announced that the Kidani Village will open on May 1, 2009. As the development of Kidani Village continues at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas, crews are preparing to complete the new savanna and acclimate the animals to their new habitat. To accommodate this important process, animals are not scheduled to be on Sunset Savanna from January 15-April 15, 2009.

[B]Beach Club Resort[/B]

Stormalong Bay is being refurbished through April 15, 2009. Sections of the feature pool are closed. You may continue to use the three leisure pools located throughout the resort. Additionally, the feature pool at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort is available for Yacht and Beach Club guests.

[B]Contemporary Resort
[/B]
Construction Update: Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort will open on August 4, 2009. The Tennis Courts and Playground at the Contemporary, which are currently closed, are scheduled to reopen on August 31, 2009.

Concourse Spirits & Sundries is closed for refurbishment January 5 - April 25, 2009.

Contemporary Resort’s pool is closed through March 15, 2009.
[B]
Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground[/B]

The Meadows Pool is closed through March 20, 2009.

[B]Port Orleans Riverside
[/B]
Alligator Bayou Quiet Pool is closed February 23 - March 6, 2009.

[B]Saratoga Springs[/B]

The High Rock Spring Pool will be closed for refurbishment March 9-30, 2009. Guests can use the three leisure pools located throughout the resort, as well as the feature pool at Disney’s Old Key West.

[B]Yacht Club Resort[/B]

Stormalong Bay is being refurbished through April 15, 2009. Sections of the feature pool are closed. You may continue to use the three leisure pools located throughout the resort. Additionally, the feature pool at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort is available for Yacht and Beach Club guests.

Be sure to check our Rehabs and Closings page for periodic updates: Rehabs and Closings Schedule at Disney World

I am drawing a complete blank here, where is the refreshment port in Epcot?

I have no idea! I checked the map too? :biggrin:

I glad buzz is getting a bit of a refurb, the last few times we were on that ride, it kept breaking down!

I think that is the little area that has African Masks and drums over the bridge, between China and Germany-I think…

I think you might be right . . . that is called the outpost or something?

Oh ok, I was looking at the map too, and I couldn’t figure it out.

Rehabs and Closings Schedule at Disney World

great info.!
you can always check the link above too.

I think that is the refreshment port too-Good info thanks!

I thought it was cool they were bringing back the surfing lessons. I know some mbers were disappointed when they were canceled on them.

wait a sec! I think that is the Outpost or something. The refreshment port is near the entrance to FW from WS-past Canada-it’s mostly McDonald’s fries I think. I’m almost positive. Sorry I gave wrong info the first time:angel:

Yes, I think that’s right. I wonder if that’s because McDonald’s is no longer a sponsor at WDW. We noticed when we were there in Feb. that it was the last place serving McDonalds.

As for Buzz Lightyear - that’s going to disappoint a lot of people.

Refreshment Port is near Canada; right as you come into WS from FW on the right. You’re right in that it’s very McDonald-like.

Just an FYI on this-I called today to try to book the surfing school for our trip in May, and I was told by the cast member that they aren’t doing bookings until “further notice”. I tried to press for more info and mentioned that I saw online that they would be taking bookings for classes after May 23 (with the hopes that she may “look up” the info-she just said “no, we aren’t booking that” without any hesitation-seemed to me like she answered without looking it up or checking or anything…she may have JUST answered the same question for another guest, but to me, it seemed like she wasn’t aware that they are supposedly now taking bookings…) but she really had no info-just “until further notice”…anyone else booked it yet since this info was released??

Call back and try again . . . something CM are the last to know! :rolleyes:

And, per the Mc Donald’s thing . . . where we were there this weekend, the BIG McDonalds by the All Star resorts, the one that was all decked out in the big burger, fries and soda . . . all taken down, just a small white building, still McDonalds, but either being refurbed or redesigned for something to take it’s place.

Hall of Presidents closing for re-furb. Is this to add President Obama to the stage?

Yep! I believe it is reopening on July 4

Anyone have pics of the Fort Wilderness pool refurb?

[B]UPDATE FROM ALLEARS.NET weekly newsletter!

REHABS AND CLOSINGS[/B]

Magic Kingdom

Space Mountain will be closed from April 19, 2009 until November 21, 2009 for refurbishment.

Tomorrowland Transit Authority will be closed from April 19 through August 24, 2009.

The Hall of Presidents is closed for rehab through July 1, 2009.

The Heritage House Shop is closed until July 1, 2009.

Epcot

Electric Umbrella is closed for refurbishment through April 6, 2009.

Refreshment Port is closed for refurbishment until April 4, 2009.

Animal Kingdom Villas and Lodge

Phase I contruction is now completed. This was the renovation of existing rooms in the Animal Kingdom Lodge, called the Jambo House. Outside construction of the new animal barn is also complete. Disney Vacation Club has announced that the Kidani Village will open on May 1, 2009.

Beach Club Resort

Stormalong Bay will be refurbished from January 5 - April 15, 2009. Sections of the feature pool will be closed. You may continue to use the three leisure pools located throughout the resort. Additionally, the feature pool at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort will be available for Yacht and Beach Club guests.

Contemporary Resort

Construction Update: Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort will open on August 4, 2009. The Wave restaurant is open on the first floor and the Contempo Cafe opened on the 4th floor. The Outer Rim has reopened. The Tennis Courts and Playground at the Contemporary, which are currently closed, are scheduled to reopen on September 1, 2009.

Concourse Spirits & Sundries is closed for refurbishment through April 25, 2009.

Yacht Club Resort

Stormalong Bay will be refurbished from January 5 - April 15, 2009. Sections of the feature pool will be closed. You may continue to use the three leisure pools located throughout the resort. Additionally, the feature pool at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort will be available for Yacht and Beach Club guests.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

A complete list of rehabs can be found here: Rehabs and Closings Schedule at Disney World

I am also drawing a blank…where the heck is it?