Remy is HERE TO STAY?

This was the cutest ever, even if you don’t dine here, peek in the windows as you walk by . . . Remy is adorable! :happy:

Ratatouille’s Remy, the Audio-Animatronic rat that has been charming diners at Chefs de France restaurant in Epcot’s France pavilion, has been extended indefinitely. His appearances were supposed to end in early September, but it seems he has still been performing daily at the restaurant. There has been no official word on how long he will remain at this location.

I’d suspect that Remy will be there for at least the next year.
Consider how much it cost to build him and also consider the training/rehearsal time and expense for the CMs who operate Remy.
This is Remy number 2. Remy number 1 lives in Disneyland Paris in one of the restaurants there (aren’t most of them French restaurants?). Keeping with the theme, there is no venue for Remy in Disneyland, and it is doubtful that there is a venue for him in Hong Kong or Tokyo.

On the other hand, has anyone seen Lucky in WDW since the early part of this decade?

[QUOTE=Soundgod;995984]I’d suspect that Remy will be there for at least the next year.
Consider how much it cost to build him and also consider the training/rehearsal time and expense for the CMs who operate Remy.
This is Remy number 2. Remy number 1 lives in Disneyland Paris in one of the restaurants there (aren’t most of them French restaurants?). Keeping with the theme, there is no venue for Remy in Disneyland, and it is doubtful that there is a venue for him in Hong Kong or Tokyo.

On the other hand, has anyone seen Lucky in WDW since the early part of this decade?[/QUOTE]

Lucky went back to Toyko, but there were blogged pictures of him at D23! :happy: Remy was on loan from Disneyland Paris (so the story goes) but I guess he was so popular they are keeping him. (One of the reasons we tried the French dining!) :happy:

Remy looks just like the movie- he is great… The guy that walks him around is fantastic too!

I heard the girl was even better . . . we saw the guy too. It was super cute!

Is there only one Remy and this is the same one from Paris?
Maybe Remy just likes it better in Florida.
Maybe he’s just hoping to get into Le Cellier, like everyone else.

Why does he only appear during lunch though? Are they changing this?

Maybe he works during the dinner shift.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;995992]Is there only one Remy and this is the same one from Paris?
Maybe Remy just likes it better in Florida.
Maybe he’s just hoping to get into Le Cellier, like everyone else.[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Lunch is a really good deal if you are on the DDP. If you go to the last lunch, I think it’s 3:30 you can pick from their “pick 3” menu. App/Entree/Dessert and because you are getting so much food, and you wait to see Remy, you are done around dinner time. It worked perfectly for us! :heart:

Lunch is a really good deal if you are on the DDP. If you go to the last lunch, I think it’s 3:30 you can pick from their “pick 3” menu. App/Entree/Dessert and because you are getting so much food, and you wait to see Remy, you are done around dinner time. It worked perfectly for us! :heart:[/QUOTE]

Cool, we’ll have to try it sometime! I want to see him so bad and we haven’t eaten there in years but we aren’t big sit-down lunch people. I could see us eating a late lunch though and a later lighter dinner.

I didn’t think I would like it, but I REALLY did! I had this yummy veggie lasagna and then the creme brulee was deelish. :happy: OH and how can I forget the ONION SOUP . . . OMG, sooooo good!! :wub:

Ah, he is only there during lunch! That explains why I haven’t seen him during two dinners in France this year!

My mom LOVES the 3 part dinner menu. She gets the onion soup (which was delicious, I finished hers and I don’t even usually eat onion soup) the short ribs and the profiteroles. YUM!

[QUOTE=KarenWDWCP;996100]Ah, he is only there during lunch! That explains why I haven’t seen him during two dinners in France this year!

My mom LOVES the 3 part dinner menu. She gets the onion soup (which was delicious, I finished hers and I don’t even usually eat onion soup) the short ribs and the profiteroles. YUM![/QUOTE]

That is on the lunch menu too . . . you should check it out for lunch and see Remy . . . he’s sooooo cute! :heart:

I am thinking we might do the lunch out of pocket, since there is fixed price menu for lunch.

We tried to peek though the window to see him, but not luck. Maybe next time.

Ok I made a lunch ADR there hoping to taste the excellent food which was not prepared by a rat. But I would like to see that little critter in person. Oh what fun

So, does anyone know, is Remy there every day or only certain days? How spoiled a celebrity is he?

[QUOTE=Dopey;996194]Ok I made a lunch ADR there hoping to taste the excellent food which was not prepared by a rat. But I would like to see that little critter in person. Oh what fun

So, does anyone know, is Remy there every day or only certain days? How spoiled a celebrity is he?[/QUOTE]

He’s ADORABLE and very tiny! I’m pretty sure he is there daily
The lunch is so yummy, you are going to like it (rat or no rat!)

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;996199]He’s ADORABLE and very tiny! I’m pretty sure he is there daily
The lunch is so yummy, you are going to like it (rat or no rat!)[/QUOTE]

heehee, I have no doubt that we will enjoy all of it : :happy:

Glad to hear you are trying it, I will look forward to your review, since you will be there before me. :slight_smile:

Fine, how much will I be paid for a review? :cool: