Renew AP online?

If you renew your AP online, does Disney mail something to you or do you print our a receipt that you take to a ticket booth the next time you are at WDW??
My AP expires in a month. We may or may not be back before my expiration. I’d hate to get caught waiting for a mailing and not have my AP be valid.
Thoughts??
Thanks.
Frank

I’d love to tell you, but I’ve always renewed in person (as I’m guessing you have).
Continuing my guessing, I’d guess they send a voucher. At the least, you’ll have a printed confirmation after you do your on-line transaction.

[QUOTE=fjs08;975429]If you renew your AP online, does Disney mail something to you or do you print our a receipt that you take to a ticket booth the next time you are at WDW??
My AP expires in a month. We may or may not be back before my expiration. I’d hate to get caught waiting for a mailing and not have my AP be valid.
Thoughts??
Thanks.
Frank[/QUOTE]

Yes! Renew online . . .you get a better price if you renew BEFORE your tickets expire. You will get a receipt you can print with a reference number. You then pick the tickets up at any guest relations window.

I would think they would send you a voucher that you turn in once you get back down there but I’m not positive.

Well…there you go!:laugh:

Bummer. I called the Pass line at Disney and they told me I could renew online, print out a receipt and if the voucher didn’t come by the time we went to WDW, I could use the printed out receipt as a method of getting my AP. An option on line is to pick up the AP at Will Call too. But when I input my billing and “current” mailing address, it’s Ohio, even though we split time between Ohio and Florida, it wouldn’t let me order and have it shipped to Ohio with a Florida discount. I guess I can understand that. I could put my Florida address in and it “might” be forwarded, but I remember, I think that Disney doesn’t forward tickets. I may have to look into the Will Call option or call and see if the Pass line will mail it to my Ohio residence.
Hummm…
Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;975475]Bummer. I called the Pass line at Disney and they told me I could renew online, print out a receipt and if the voucher didn’t come by the time we went to WDW, I could use the printed out receipt as a method of getting my AP. An option on line is to pick up the AP at Will Call too. But when I input my billing and “current” mailing address, it’s Ohio, even though we split time between Ohio and Florida, it wouldn’t let me order and have it shipped to Ohio with a Florida discount. I guess I can understand that. I could put my Florida address in and it “might” be forwarded, but I remember, I think that Disney doesn’t forward tickets. I may have to look into the Will Call option or call and see if the Pass line will mail it to my Ohio residence.
Hummm…
Frank[/QUOTE]

Since you don’t need it UNTIL you get to the park, just do will call.

>>ince you don’t need it UNTIL you get to the park, just do will call.<<

That makes the most sense. Guess there really isn’t any “time limit” on how long it sits in will call. This may actually work out better. I won’t have to order it until next month’s credit card billing cycle <g>.
Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;975514]>>ince you don’t need it UNTIL you get to the park, just do will call.<<

That makes the most sense. Guess there really isn’t any “time limit” on how long it sits in will call. This may actually work out better. I won’t have to order it until next month’s credit card billing cycle <g>.
Frank[/QUOTE]

They don’t print them until you get to the window! You have to show your FL ID! :laugh:

>>They don’t print them until you get to the window! You have to show your FL ID! <<

No problem there. I always keep it with me. Best thing I got when we started going to Florida.

Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;975475]Bummer. I called the Pass line at Disney and they told me I could renew online, print out a receipt and if the voucher didn’t come by the time we went to WDW, I could use the printed out receipt as a method of getting my AP. An option on line is to pick up the AP at Will Call too.
Frank[/QUOTE]

Frank, we did the Will Call option, and it was fast and flawless. We did have a voucher, but it wouldn’t have mattered if it had just been a printout of an email confirmation… you just hand over the voucher number, which would be on the printout, and they hand you back a cardboard AP.

Will Call would be my first choice anyway. We used Guest Services at International Gateway. Ther ewas no line, and they were ready to roll with Tables In Wonderland too.

[QUOTE=fjs08;975517]>>They don’t print them until you get to the window! You have to show your FL ID! <<

No problem there. I always keep it with me. Best thing I got when we started going to Florida.

Frank[/QUOTE]

Yay! I’m always grateful to good ole Walt offering the FL Resident Discount! I know I love mine! :wub:

>>Will Call would be my first choice anyway.<<

Sounds perfect… will call it will be!!

Now we need to set some dates <G>.

Frank

do they activate when you exchange the voucher, or when you renew? mine expire in august, but i am not returning until dec.

>>do they activate when you exchange the voucher, or when you renew? mine expire in august, but i am not returning until dec.<<

I think that to get the renewal price, you have to renew at the renewal “anniversary” date. Otherwise, I think they would consider it a “new” AP Card purchase.

Frank

When you renew, it’s from your renew date.

If you just buy online, it’s from the first day you swipe the card!

Frank, I’d just print the on line confirmation and pick it up at will call.
I think that’s usually the best route anyway.
As for the renewal discount, I’m almost certain that you’ve got a month’s grace period or perhaps 28 days before your AP is considered to have lapsed.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;975581]Frank, I’d just print the on line confirmation and pick it up at will call.
I think that’s usually the best route anyway.
As for the renewal discount, I’m almost certain that you’ve got a month’s grace period or perhaps 28 days before your AP is considered to have lapsed.[/QUOTE]

Yes! This is right! You’ll get a letter like 15 days before then 15 days AFTER if you don’t renew. They want you. :happy: