Rental car discount code or deals?

HELLO, I WILL BE GOING IN AUGUST AND NEED TO RENT A CAR. IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION ABOUT RENTING A CAR. IT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL…:blush:

I’ve been checking rates for mid-August and have found the best rates on Alamo. Try checking Mousesavers.com. Go to the rental car pages, and you can check for discount codes that might apply from all of the rental car companies. I’ve gotten some good rates with the Entertainment book codes, too. I think the best advice is just to keep checking back, especially in the couple of weeks before your trip. Last minute special rates are often released. It’s very easy to reserve, cancel, or re-book if better rates come out. I actually just did this for our Aug. trip this week, and I’ll probably end up doing it a couple more times before August!

First thing to do is to make a reservation now at the cheapest rate you can find using the various methods asp8tis mentions. That way you have a car when you get there. Then keep checking back for special deals all the way up until you leave. I need a car for just one day on this trip and I booked a rate of $57 (taxes and all fees included) back on May 14th. It was the best rate for the time I needed and I’m returning the car to a different location. Just two days ago another deal came out and dropped the rate down to $32 so that saved me $25. Make a new reservation first BEFORE you cancel the original reservation to make sure you get the rate and the car you expect. Otherwise, you could lose both deals.

I have found the best deals on hotwire.com. I have used them on every trip and have book midsize cars for as low as $9.99 per day. When you book through them you won’t know which rental car company the deal is with until you confirm but they only book with six companies, Alamo, Avis, Budget, National, Enterprise and Hertz. If you sign up for their email alerts you will get some unbelievable deals.

REALLY??? I am definitely going to give this a try. Thanks.

Wait…can you opt for on or off site companies? I hate taking a shuttle to off-airport places.

[QUOTE=ddoll;965668]REALLY??? I am definitely going to give this a try. Thanks.

Wait…can you opt for on or off site companies? I hate taking a shuttle to off-airport places.[/QUOTE]

Oh we hate that too, I think it was Alamo we had to go off the airport, and we didn’t enjoy that at all.
Dollar is right inside OIA which is pretty handy after a flight.
Also, yes, I had great discount codes from Mousesavers.

[QUOTE=ddoll;965668]REALLY??? I am definitely going to give this a try. Thanks.

Wait…can you opt for on or off site companies? I hate taking a shuttle to off-airport places.[/QUOTE]

No, all of the rental car companies were onsite at MCO airport. All I had to do was walk downstairs to the counter and we were set.

I understand that you can’t choose the company you rent from if you go this route, but can you choose and guarantee the size/class or car you’re getting? We’d never all fit in anything less than a fullsize, so I couldn’t take a chance on getting something smaller. I know some rental car companies have deals if you’re willing to take your chances on what you get.

Yes, you can choose whatever class you would like and it will show you all of the costs associated with that particular car. After you have confirmed with a credit card you will receive the name of the rental company. So far I have received Avis and Hertz without any problems.