Rental Car/Limo/Van - 7 people and 7 bags

Heading down for convention next weekend and will be staying at Shades of Green so ME is not option. Have minivan booked which Dollar tells me will handle 7 adults and 8 bags. When I booked it I we had 4 people but now the group has grown to 7 adults. Should be 3 large bags and 4 carry on bags. Is there ANYWAY this is going to work??

Really hate to get there and find out been told wrong, and hate to spend money for 2nd rental especuially as Shades charges for parking. :eek:

Have looked at Quicksilver and the best bet there is van. Would sort of like to go for the stretch limo but don’t think will handle all the bags.

I think you should go for the van from Quicksilver or another car service… I would hate for you to get down there and find out that mini van is to mini to handle everything.

I agree with Dana completely. Unless you need the car during the week, this would be much better and QS rocks!

Call Quicksilver and explain your situation. Better safe than sorry!

If you don’t plan on using the car through the week - go with the limo service. I’d imagine that they handle crowds like this all the time.

Thanks for the info. Looked at other rental options and full size vans are almost 4 times what I have this one booked for. OUCH!

I went on line and found a direct number to the Dollar/MCO. They tell me that they have a Grand Caravan version that has extra room - larger than most minivans and also has no spare. They assure me that it will handle 8 bags and 7 people.

Quicksilver says that the van would be our only option with that many bags. Limo next time with fewer prople. :biggrin:

I’d go for sqeezing into the minivan. You can always carry some bags on your lap or under your feet. It’s only like a half hour drive to your hotel. I guess I’m just cheap, but I’d do it. The rest of the time, the people will fit in just fine.

You’re post makes me laugh ddoll! My dh refuses to get anything but the cheapest car for rent. We look like a bunch of circus clowns, with luggage squished everywhere - we literally fall out of the car when we get out. But - for travelling around the parks, why waste the money?

Ha! I love the visual!! :laugh:

Well I booked quicksilver. Unfortunately 3 of our group haven’t learned that you REALLY don’t need to pack everthing you own for a 4 day trip to WDW. (They will be checking bags instead of carry ons so adds time to get to park darn it!)

Shorts, shirts and my speedos. No need to hide the children’s eyes…speedo makes regular trunks. :biggrin:

I saw a doorman load our bags into our van at a hotel once, and we absolutely had it packed going down, but he did it in such a way that there was extra room. Lay the bags flat, not standing up right, and stack them on top of one another.

You will not be disappointed. And your Speedo joke made me laugh! :wink:

I have a pair of Speedo trunks too!!!

I bought them last year at convention in July at Poly gift shop. Called wife and told her I bought a pair of speedos and the phone went dead for about 10 seconds. :biggrin:

I was LOL at this thread and read Richard’s last post aloud to DH. He laughed, looked down at the shorts he’s wearing right now, which are the Speedo trunks he bought at GF on our last trip!
Oh, the irony.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;465429]Thanks for the info. Looked at other rental options and full size vans are almost 4 times what I have this one booked for. OUCH!

I went on line and found a direct number to the Dollar/MCO. They tell me that they have a Grand Caravan version that has extra room - larger than most minivans and also has no spare. They assure me that it will handle 8 bags and 7 people.

Quicksilver says that the van would be our only option with that many bags. Limo next time with fewer prople. :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

You will be able to fit just fine. My parents have has grand caravan’s as long as I can remember. The layout is 2 in the front, 2 in the middle, and 3 in the back. the back might be a little squishy, but totally doable! There should be enough room for 3 large bags and 4 carryons. It’s 7 large bags that I would be concerned about!!

Since Richard posted this almost 3 years ago, I don’t think he needs to worry about it any more.:laugh: I wonder what he decided on.