Rental Point Newbies

Hello All,

Been traveling to WDW for many years and finally decided to try renting points.

I would like to know if I can get a 2-Bedroom Villa at the Beach Club Villa for Fri Dec 2nd to Sat Dec 10, 2011 to be used by 4 adults.

How would I add the Dining Plan & is it the same cost as Disney charges $45.99 per person per night?

Also am I on my own for park tickets or can they be added on also?

I told you I was a newbie but everyone always gives such get advice here that it is always the first place I come too.

Thanks
Donna

Getting BCV in early December might be tough at this point but it’s not impossible. December is a popular time for DVC members and small resorts tend to book up early.

[QUOTE=DonnyD;1068220]Hello All,

Been traveling to WDW for many years and finally decided to try renting points.

I would like to know if I can get a 2-Bedroom Villa at the Beach Club Villa for Fri Dec 2nd to Sat Dec 10, 2011 to be used by 4 adults.

How would I add the Dining Plan & is it the same cost as Disney charges $45.99 per person per night?

Also am I on my own for park tickets or can they be added on also?

[/QUOTE]

Hi Donna-

As DT said, early December is busy for DVC members since it’s a great time to visit. I checked the point total for your trip- if you check in on Friday night 12/2 and checkout out on Saturday morning 12/10, it uses 314 DVC points. The normal rental rates are between $10 to $13 per point. Honestly, you need a DVC owner who actually owns at BC to book this for you, since it probably won’t be available at the 7 month window. The sooner you book, the better. I do own at Beach Club, but I have promised my points to someone already.

“David’s DVC point rental” is very reputable and I can recommend them personally.

You CAN get the dining plan, the owner simply has to book it for you. I’m not certain, but I think you get a small discount. For tickets, your best bet is to purchase them from a company like Undercover Tourist.

[QUOTE=leslieh;1068328]
You CAN get the dining plan, the owner simply has to book it for you. I’m not certain, but I think you get a small discount. [/QUOTE]

There is not discount on the dining plan. It is available to purchase, but as stated above, the person you are renting the points from has to add it. In addition, it used to be that you would pay for the DDP at checkin, but now it needs to be paid for when added.

I may be wrong because I don’t keep up with the DVC perks but I don’t think DVC members have to pay the peak or holiday pricing on the dining plan.

Renting points is a GREAT way to experience deluxe resorts for alot less $. We’ve rented twice and are renting again this year. We’ve used DVC owners from this board (which has been WONDERFUL!) and David’s site (also a great experience). However, renting directly from a member was a better deal at $10-$10.50 per point as opposed to David’s $13 per point. If you are set on BC I would go with David’s as he has hundreds of member he works with unless you can find an owner at BC. You can add the DDP, and yes you are on your own with tickets but we’ve never had a problem adding them to our room key at check in.

I remember when we went this past Christmas we paid less than the going rate by a few dollars.

OH! That could be true, but I know the regular DDP (not peak) is not discounted.

Another source for points is Mouseowners.com.

DVC members pay same price for dining plan.

First two weeks of Dec are peak season for DVC members like myself (read: cheap :laugh:). Rooms are less points per night and it’s a great time to visit. Guests who rent points pay the same price as DVC members for park admission and dining. (Members do get AP at price generally equal to the FL resident price - it IS our second home after all!)

If you are going to rent NOW is the time. Only BCV can rent for that time frame until 7 months in advance. So your best bet is a BCV owner. At 7 months it’s not impossible, but…

Lots of people here also rent points. Use common sense in looking for renters. A newbie with a low point count should be a caution flag. Make sure you pay with a credit card or paypal so that you have some way to contest the charge if you don’t get a confirmation in your name within a few days. Member services now emails so it can be just a few hours before you have a copy of your reservation in hand.

Payment up front (full or partial) is not unusual. DVC members have already paid the annual fees for the points that they rent to you.

Also, FYI - members are now required to PAY for DP at the time of booking EVEN 11 months in advance. You want to pay for your reservation then about 2-4 weeks before your arrival date, have the member add the DP to your reservation - they will need your credit card information or payment in full to do so.

Park admission tickets can be added at check in to your room keys.

Richard

Thanks lots of great advice. If you know any BC point owners send them my way.

Thanks
Donna

Just throwing out my 2 cents, we used DVCRENTALSTORE.com this year and paid $12 a point. Paul was GREAT to deal with. Good luck!

Tried DVCRENTALSTORE.com nothing available yet maybe at 7 months

I have put a post on Mouseowners also and will then try David’s Disney Vacation Club Rentals

Wow, you must have picked a tough date. Good luck! Keep trying for sure. Stuff opens up and closes all the time.

Seems in order to rent this early I have to find a person whose home resort is the beach club

I’d be glad to check availability for you. I’ve rented points off and on throughout the last 18 years so I have extensive referrals, with no complaints. I am charging 11.50 per point, and offer all the same services. If you’d like further information, feel free to email me at donaldmetzger@att.net

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for all your help, comments and suggestions.

I did wind up renting points - so I might not have won the Super Bowl but I’m going to Disneyworld!!!

Two BR Villa with my Uncle & Aunt - it’s there 1st time during the Holiday Season - I love showing newbies the holiday decorations.

[QUOTE=DonnyD;1070123]Hello Everyone,

Thanks for all your help, comments and suggestions.

I did wind up renting points - so I might not have won the Super Bowl but I’m going to Disneyworld!!!

Two BR Villa with my Uncle & Aunt - it’s there 1st time during the Holiday Season - I love showing newbies the holiday decorations.[/QUOTE]

Wow, lots of extras thrown into this trip then: DVC rental, holiday decorations and seeing it all through the eyes of newbies! Sounds like the prefect recipe for an excellent trip. :happy:

Glad to hear it workd out for you.

If you haven’t seen the Osborne Family Lights in Hollywood Studios you just can’t imagine it. Even the pictures and videos posted online are just a tease.

I love Christmas Holiday season in Disney.