Renting a car @ the Dolphin

Hello all!
We always rent our car from Budget at MCO airport. But this time I would like to try something a bit different. Has anyone ever rented a car at the Dolphin? Do call the resort, or is there a specific car rental there? Also, how do I get to and from the Dolphin to our resort?

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1135248]Hello all!
We always rent our car from Budget at MCO airport. But this time I would like to try something a bit different. Has anyone ever rented a car at the Dolphin? Do call the resort, or is there a specific car rental there? Also, how do I get to and from the Dolphin to our resort?[/QUOTE]

I am not familiar with the car rental procedure at the Dolphin, but the AAA Car Care Center on property rents from National and Alamo. They will send a shuttle to your on property resort to pick you up and take you back to get your car…then when you return it, they will do the reverse. I have only used it once and that was a long time ago, but at that time, it worked great.

It’s easy to get to the swan or Dolphin from Epcot. Just walk from the International Gateway between the UK and France. You can also take a Disney bus from any park or Downtown Disney. If you want to go straight from your resort I would take a cab, it’s just easier.

You don’t call the resort to rent the car, you call the rental company like usual. Contact National Car Rental at 1-800-CAR-RENT or Alamo at 1-800-GO-ALAMO.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1135250]It’s easy to get to the swan or Dolphin from Epcot. Just walk from the International Gateway between the UK and France. You can also take a Disney bus from any park or Downtown Disney. If you want to go straight from your resort I would take a cab, it’s just easier.

You don’t call the resort to rent the car, you call the rental company like usual. Contact National Car Rental at 1-800-CAR-RENT or Alamo at 1-800-GO-ALAMO.[/QUOTE]

Oh thank you, this is perfect! We’ll be staying at The Boardwalk Villas!

Even better!

Just walk over to the Dolphin. We rent from the Alamo at the Dolphin all the time. Never had any problems. I usually rent the car on line, fill out all my DL info, everything is usually ready when we get there. Alamo gives you the keys to the car, you just have to go to the valet and they bring the car around. Same goes when you drop the car off.