Renting DVC points vs. Fort Wilderness

hi all! My DD girl scout troop is going to Disney(they voted Disney over Universal) My Question is with only six people going now, should we tent camp at FW in June or pay the extra money and rent DVC points?

I would rather shoot myself in the foot that spend the night in a tent. But that’s just me…

… and anyway, to get six in a room at DVc, you can’t quite make it happen with a 1-bedroom, so you’d have to go to a 2-br and it would be $$$$$.

How about connecting rooms at a moderate?

:laugh: I hear ya.

How about 2 rooms at a value resort?

Camping is hard to beat but renting points is often as cheap or cheaper than staying budget.

Really depends on which nights you are staying. Studios at OKW for example are 11 per night weeknight or 27 Fri/Sat nights. You’d need 2 studios so it would be about $242 per room weeknight or $594 per room on Fri/Sat nights.

A 2 BR would sleep 8 and runs 30 weeknights ($330) and 73 Fri/Sat nights ($803). The 2BR is MUCH larger.

You’ll find renting points is WAY cheaper to rent the same rooms from Disney, if they are available through them. Sutdios are listed as “FROM” $225 then you have to add 12% tax on top of that.

I’ve got a few SSR points left at $9 per point for if you rent by the end of the month. Studios there are high of 13-29 points there in June. Email me if interested. RLC@RLCarmichael.com

There is no way to fit six people in a DVC studio. She would need two rooms, which would make booking a regular resort through Disney or a travel agent a reasonable option! Especially if she ends up with two rooms at a mod or an All-Star resort.

Six people is a tough number, softychik! I am interested in seeing how you work it all out. I know ther eis the perfect answer out there.

I wonder if you could get an ASMusic Family suite with a connecting room, whcih would give you plenty of room for everyone, plus a kitchen, at a very reasonable price!

Here is a diagram of the suite floor plan. I have no idea if the resort has connecting rooms, but if you have two adults, maybe you could get the room next door and the kids could take turns sleeping over there? It’s such a luxury to have the extra baths and hte kitchen especially with a large group!

My vote would be to camp if it was now and not June. FW is great and offers so much, but you would die of heat and mosquito bites!!

I say go for two studios!

I love Fort Wilderness anytime!

Ive rented points for DVC as well. Disney will not allow 6 in under a two bedroom, so its 2 studios.

So If there are campers, the facilities at FW are first rate. Would not be a problem and WAY WAY WAY cheaper!

[QUOTE=bribren;928382]I love Fort Wilderness anytime!

Ive rented points for DVC as well. Disney will not allow 6 in under a two bedroom, so its 2 studios.

So If there are campers, the facilities at FW are first rate. Would not be a problem and WAY WAY WAY cheaper![/QUOTE]

We have a camper, but we were going to try to let the girls tent. I guess if we need to we have two tho!

[QUOTE=MissDisney;928348]There is no way to fit six people in a DVC studio. She would need two rooms, which would make booking a regular resort through Disney or a travel agent a reasonable option! Especially if she ends up with two rooms at a mod or an All-Star resort.

Six people is a tough number, softychik! I am interested in seeing how you work it all out. I know ther eis the perfect answer out there.

I wonder if you could get an ASMusic Family suite with a connecting room, whcih would give you plenty of room for everyone, plus a kitchen, at a very reasonable price!

Here is a diagram of the suite floor plan. I have no idea if the resort has connecting rooms, but if you have two adults, maybe you could get the room next door and the kids could take turns sleeping over there? It’s such a luxury to have the extra baths and hte kitchen especially with a large group![/QUOTE]

That is a good idea as well.

They strickly enforce the maximum occpancies but there really are no miniums. You can book 1 in a grand villa if you want. I’ve stayed with only 2 in a 2 bedroom. As long as you have the points… :laugh: My experience is that its easier to book the 1 & 2 BR units because people tend to book the smaller/cheaper units first.

Renting cash they may push you towards the smaller unit. Not sure but knowing Disney I think they will take as much as you want to gice them. :laugh:

Do the Fort Wilderness Cabins…We did it one year and it fit all 6 of us very comfortably, and had a kitchen, maid service, large front porch and grill for cooking out. It runs about $280-$325 per night. I actually got to stay here for $178 per night as expedia was having a sale on the room.

Here are some pics…

if you are going during june DO NOT!!! and I repeat DO NOT stay camping! it gets really hot! I did it once and it was SOOOO hot! the cabins are really really really nice!!!